Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini stealth-grow, Jock Horror under 250W CFL's.

Thanks

Default Mini stealth-grow, Jock Horror under 250W CFL's.

Hey all!

Here's my stealth grow, The girlfriend gave me permission so it's all go Very excited about it!

This is the spot, Fish tank on top, the air pump disguises any strange noises and also explains why an electricity cable runs into the cupboard. This cupboard is in my front room right behind the sofa so I've gotta be pretty sneaky about it if I don't want everyone knowing. Which is the way I like to keep it.

Bit of noise and light control, works great.

My space is 2.5 x 2 x 3.5 tall (ish). Two 125W CFL's, one red, one blue. Grown in 75% compost, 25% perlite. It's a small space but I've grown in smaller

Intake is from a little bathroom extraction that takes air from the cavity under the floorboards. It's not ideal, I didn't want to make a massive hole in the (rented flat) floorboards so it's drawing through a 7cm hole.

I've recently added an extract to try and cool it down a bit in there. It got up to 34C the other day and fried one of my plants! The extract fan is ripped out of a frost-free fridge and put on a plug. It shifts a bit of air but I don't reckon it's gonna pull through a CF very well, it's not really designed for it. Temps now stay in the range of 20 - 30 but normally hangs around 26 ish. Oh, and thats only with one light on, I think I'll need a ruck or something when I put the other on. It seems a bit excessive for this size though.

Here's what I've got going. 9 Jock horrors (I hate the name) from Nirvana put into water, then paper towel, then into soil. All 9 germerd. Yay!.

The seeds are now 14 days in, I think they look a little small for their age, what do you reckon? Maybe the high temps have slowed growth? Generally they seem healthy, a little bit wind swept but getting some nice stiff stems on them.

Oops! Too hot! The fan kept most of the plants cool and circulated but this one was a little smaller in the pot and I think hot air really built up. It happened a few days ago and the plant hasn't changed much since then, no better but no worse either.

I could do with some advice here, What do you make of the yellowing leaves shown on the last picture? All of the plants have yellowing embryonic leaves but one plant has now shown this on it's first set of leaves as well? They've had no nutrients, I overwatered a bit a little while back. What do you think?
    First grow
    250W CFL stealth hempy. Jock Horror.
    Second grow 375W CFL stealth hempy. Early Girl.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

Just keep an eye on that plant it doesn't look too bad often the single leaves will start to die off once they've served their purpose. Could be that plant is just a little hungrier than the others.

Nice little stealth grow hiding it in plain sight is probably the best way to go, hell I've had people sat next to a budbox and not realised what it was so I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post

Nice little stealth grow hiding it in plain sight is probably the best way to go, hell I've had people sat next to a budbox and not realised what it was so I'm sure you'll be fine!
    really, My brother stood next to mine for a while then he opened it and realised lol. btw great hidden grow mate, een the cops would have trouble looking for that one lol.
    THC SHARK
    My Picture Book:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to THC Shark For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

The problem is though, what happens if we have guests round and they open the cupboard looking for the scrabble set/ bottle of wine/ whatever. How'd I explain the buzzing, illuminated, thing right there!? Even a lock on the door looks dodgy... I could trust that nobody ever does that but I prefer not to leave things up to chance. Stay safe n' all

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

^Yesterday.

^Today.
    Not looking good, hasn't got much worse, but hasn't improved at all either. May be losing her Might have been overwatering.

^Yesterday.

^Today.
    Eek! This one's going south as well!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

sweet i love stealth grows!

good luck man, hope you get things sorted asap

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterfly For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

Hmm they look under watered to me you sure thats not the problem?

Thanks

Gosh, this is a bit embarrasing
    I was judging the watering by the weight of the pot, but after reading your comment Organix I stuck my finger a couple of inches into the soil and it was pretty dry in there. Thats so daft of me :P What a waste! 2 plants are looking pretty dead. 2 other plants should pull through but it could go either way with them. Rest of them look fine. Thanks Organix!

They're still growing slower than expected, must be all the abuse I'm givin' 'em Jock horror seem pretty delicate compared to what I've grown before, Durban poisen took so much stick it was unbeleivable.

The heat is now 26-28 C ish with one light on but climbs if I put them both on. Gotta sort that out. Anyone suggest any cheaper alternatives to a ruck? It's gotta pull through a carbon filter and ones like bathroom fans just don't cut it. A ruck seems a bit overkill though, the smallest one would replace my air every 40 seconds or so! Also, I'm thinking about the noise it'd make. Both the fan noise and the air whooshing.

Just given them a very light feed. About 1/5 of the recomended amount. I'll ramp it up form there. The water company has cut off the tap water for repairs. The only water in the house is from my fish tank. It should be all right. in fact, the plants should like it, it contains nitrogen from the fish waste, is a nice temperature and is also really well oxygenated.

Least some of them are doing OK It's bound to be a male though :P

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

Just a thought about the heat mate, how about a 5lt bottle of water frozen then placed just to the side of your fan, altho you would need 2 to allow for the refreze time.
    Not sure if that would work or not dude but could be worth a bash.

What soil do you have them in? and how long are you going to veg them for.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WTL For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17)

Thanks

Thats probably worth trying WTL, especially with this weather. If the outside temp is 27C then my grow room doesn't stand a chance!

I've done a bit of grow cupboard adjusting...

I made an adjustable batwing deflector for a quid!!111!11

It's a bit flakey but it seems to do the trick, to the eye it looks like light on the plants is a quarter or a third brighter. I dare someone to try that with an HID

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (10-09-14), needsmust (20-03-11)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast