Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: a members documentory

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,386 Times

Default a members documentory

hi guys
    well as title says im thinking about making a documentory about our fight for legalization of cannabis in the UK.all the attention seems to be on canada at the moment and not in the uk.
    i figure with members here adding their bit to it it would make for great doc! no bullshit and real views and oppinions.no im not asking to film anyones grows coz hay thats just silly!
    i know theres people here who have contacted bart our bbc doc-u-maker so i know theres willing members out there.
    i hope by now you all know me and know this is a serious sugestion and not set out to bust or incriminate anyone.i just feel WE could do this better!
    i have a cameraman,soundman and editor already so im well under way there.for those who dont know before becoming a tattooist i was within the tv/film industry i still have many contacts within the bbc and ch4 so im sure with a well made doc we can get this out there.

what im after at the moment is someone whos very clued up on what cannabis can do for the UK ie-tax revenue lost by no govement control,i need figures and real facts about that.im no number cruncher so thats way out of my deepth!.we all know theres UK based seed banks so how much tax does the goverment gain from that? the uk as with alot of other places around the world are hit by recession yet our drug lords/barrons thrive! how long can this contry ignore these facts! like i said im no expert but i can see what cannabis could do for the uk so someone who knows about it is greatly needed if this doc is to have the impact im hoping for.
    i would like to know if anyone would take part in this,even if its done by anonymous email thats fine its still an opinion and still worth hearing!, ever seen points of view lol

i know im about to get flamed by some but i feel its very doable and within our means!.
    thanks for your time guys

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to budbud007 For This Useful Post:

cough (18-10-10), J420 (18-10-10), moto_rider (18-10-10), needsmust (18-10-10), New Age Outlaw (20-10-10), Smokeface (19-10-10), The Ashman (18-10-10), THE DUDE ABIDES (18-10-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,984 Times

I won't be flaming ya mate,
    i think there is a bit of a defeatest attitude among us all,perhaps understandably but i really feel a momentum here.

i'm not ya man cos i don't have them facts but i'm with you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

budbud007 (18-10-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,386 Times

thanks cough thats the attitude im looking for and great first reply to my thread
    i feel anyone who objects to this possibly has something to hide ie-their loose money coz their not a percy grower! anyone growig for percy SHOULD support me 100% even if they dont wish to take part,after all its what we ALL claim to want!.just to grow or smoke without fear or persecution.
    its time the goverment stoped treating us like criminals and look at this situation again!
    yes members can say im doing this because i was busted but that is my point,if i'd been aloud to grow at home i'd never have had an outdoor grow therefore i wouldnt have been where i was and just maybe theyd ave got the criminal that commited the real crime ie-theft of a transit van and ltrs of fuel,instead the crim runs free to strike again and all the police got was late night clearing my house and even more paperwork im sure they couldve done without!.

Thanks

Well i`m behind anything that helps our cause, i think its criminal that you can get busted (even jail) for growing a plant, ffs A PLANT, how stupid and crazy is that, but in all honesty i dont really see what i can do, i`m just an average family man, dont know any stats or anything, i`ve just started growing my own because i`m sick of funding shady dealers for a crap bag of crap weed thats probs doing me more harm than any pure bud that i can grow myself.
    However, i would be willing to try and help with my own personal views and experiences if that would be any help (anon obviously, got a wife and kids to think about).
    Seriously i never knew how many people grew their own until i joined this forum and there must be loads of other sites with like minded people who feel the same, can you imagine, if they put all the percy growers in jail there would be no room left for propa crims.
    Anyway i`m babbling on (i`m stoned again) best of luck with it, we could do with a doc that puts our side forward not what the government wants people to hear.
    Last edited by The Ashman; 18-10-10 at 03:58 AM.
    TOKE OF THE TOON

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Ashman For This Useful Post:

budbud007 (18-10-10), Smokeface (19-10-10)

Thanks

we could do with a doc that puts our side forward not what the government wants people to hear.[/QUOTE

Thats what i mean by momentum,there's been a few government funded scientists that have basically done that,up to us now.
    Last edited by cough; 18-10-10 at 04:03 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

budbud007 (18-10-10), Smokeface (19-10-10), The Ashman (18-10-10)

Thanks

I agree, but with the way things are at the moment, and have been for a long time, and the way "normal society" look at cannabis growers theres a lot of people wont have anything to do with it, they stand to lose too much, jobs, social standing and the like, and thats because theyve been trained by the gov to think like that.
    Dont get me wrong, i`m all for getting our side across but its an uphill strugle, what a doc like this needs is some known public figures to stand up and be counted, i mean when was the last time the average mans point was taken seriously ?
    And you just know that if a doc had a profound effect the gov would counter it with a big scare story, you know something like "Cannabis kills babies" and they would have top boffins that could "prove" it.

Thanks

Sorry, just read my post, i`m not arguing i know what i`m trying to say, just not very good at putting it into words.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Ashman For This Useful Post:

budbud007 (18-10-10), cough (18-10-10)

Thanks

"Cannabis kills babies" and they would have top boffins that could "prove" it.[/QUOTE]

tell me about it mate i'm a millwall fan we eat babies don't we.....and people believe it!!

seriously, you make a good point but courage of our convictions and all that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cough For This Useful Post:

The Ashman (19-10-10)

Thanks

count me out , im planning my own show next year its gonna be called weed factor and everyone can bring their plants on tv , we,ld come round your house , show eveyone where you live , you know just some good publicity , we could even have alan tichmarch smokin and judging the strains .... what do you think ???

16. The Following User Says Thank You to buzzinbud For This Useful Post:

Smokeface (19-10-10)

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

Funny buzzinbud, Weed Factor would be a hit for sure - pun intended!

BudBud, I've done a fair bit of research into UK use for a project of my own - the medical effects. I was going through my resources to help you out unfortunately nothing directly relating to the tax revenue/ costs of keeping weed illegal. A site that likely will be useful:
    www.UKCIA.org - The UK Cannabis Internet Activist - it also has up to date information and advice on what to do when busted and the current laws.
    I have a printed copy of the transcripts of "Cannabis: Should it be Decriminalized?" from the The Independent on Sunday Debate from Dec 1997, which I originally downloaded as a PDF from UKCIA, but can't seem to find on the site (or the original pdf) now. It doesn't have much in terms of revenue mentioned in the document, other than police devote 5-10% of their time making cannabis arrests, no citation given unfortunately.

I'd say the UKCIA might be your best source, and the political parties they mention on the site would have done this type of research already.

Best of luck mate, PM if you think I can be of any help.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

budbud007 (18-10-10)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast