Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Carbon filter/ fan setup

Thanks

nice info thread matey!.......i like all this info-i wouldnt be anywhere without it!

if i could just put my 2p's worth in to be scoffed at------i am lucky enough to be able to vent straight into my room and so have no need for the C/F but as for circulating the air, as i hav'nt got a propa fan i use a tower fan-set to the lowest setting, and it b lows into the open side vent of my tent. is this wise?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

sth i found when using a bigger set up that the jubilee clips just dont hold it all together enough if you end up with a bit of tension once it hung up on bungys so i added duct tape first to hold it all in place and then the jubilee clips after and have not had a problem since

G

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (01-09-11)

Thanks

Riight,,, So I did all that and it didn't work :-S
    i have the tt100 Please help.
    "Late 20's and still have that niggling urge to grow so (In the words of Terry Tibbs) Talk to me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h84the10's View Post
    Riight,,, So I did all that and it didn't work :-S
    i have the tt100 Please help.
    Fixed: Was an amp issue...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boar View Post
    I have just bought a new carbon filter with an inline fan and from searching on here i could not find any quick walkthroughs on how to set one up. I know it is easy for some of us (not me) but its always nice to have something to refer to......so......

Wire the plug correctly.

The fan only needs a live and neutral wire, the earth is not needed and should not be connected
    the fans do not need a massive amount of power, so only use a 3A fuse, you could use a 13A but if there is a power surge, i would rather the fuse blow than my fan!.

Wire the fan correctly.

Remove the top cover of the fan and you will be presented with a terminal block - make sure that the blue wire goes into the N (neutral) terminal and the live either goes into L1 or L2 - depending on the fan speed you require.

Plug the fan in and give it a test.

Connect the ducting

Connect the ducting to the end of the fan making sure that it will be blowing towards the end you intend to connect the carbon filter to - this can be difficult to fit as it appears to be the same size, but if you play with it it should slide on - it is a lot easier if you get the ducting facing straight on to the fan or filter rather than trying it at an angle - if it will not go on, you could always try putting some grease on for ease of application.

Use jubilee clips or something similar to ensure that the ducting will not come off and gives an airtight fit.

After its all connected it should look something like this:

And that's it, connect it up to your grow room/box and away you go, to avoid vibrations try and sit it on an old bean bag, or read: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lent-rvk-guide

I think my electrical advice is ok, but I am not an electrician so don't take my word for it - its not good practise to leave wires hanging around in the plug (like i did in the first picture)

I hope this is of help to any noobs looking at setting up their first carbon filter and fan set-up.

this is a great thread mate has helped me with the wiring bit, but am confussed by your comment, Connect the fan so it blows towards the filter, I thought it was the other way round... Sucking air from the filter...
    please correct me.

thanks

Thanks

I am confused.. Can i connect the carbon filter to the exhaust fan without ducting as my space in the grow room is very limited? I was also wondering if you need ducting outside the grow room, as i would not be able to do this.. Girls just aint good at the technical bits.. however im sure ill make up for it with my gardenin
    Thanks
    Talk about your plenty Talk about your ills, One man gathers what another man spills.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imogenrose12 View Post
    I am confused.. Can i connect the carbon filter to the exhaust fan without ducting as my space in the grow room is very limited? I was also wondering if you need ducting outside the grow room, as i would not be able to do this.. Girls just aint good at the technical bits.. however im sure ill make up for it with my gardenin
    Thanks
    The fan and filter dont always bolt straight on to each other so you might have to use a bit of ducting to get them to attach properly.

You can have the Filter and fan inside of the grow room with the fan blowing out (sucking air through the carbon filter) but you would need to ensure that you have the fan blowing the hot smelly air out of the box. i.e. through ducting which runs flush with the outside of the grow room.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boar For This Useful Post:

Imogenrose12 (14-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h84the10's View Post
    this is a great thread mate has helped me with the wiring bit, but am confussed by your comment, Connect the fan so it blows towards the filter, I thought it was the other way round... Sucking air from the filter...
    please correct me.

thanks
    I have my filter outside of the grow space, hence having to such out out of the grow pushing it through the cf. If the cf was situated inside, then you would such through the cf and blow outside of the grow space. It works just as well both ways round, the same amount of air gets passed through the carbon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boar For This Useful Post:

berg450 (21-09-11)

Thanks

Good info Boar, thanks given.

All you need to do now is repeat the whole process when your TT fan has rattled itself to death and you have to buy a Ruck/RVK replacement lol

Thanks

They dont vibrate so much if you bolt then to the wall properly Although that ducting is sooooo loud i cant wait for my acoustic ducting to turn up, you can hear it blowing in the next room!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Boar For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast