Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Spidermites try this

Thanks

Im going to try this. Ive got a "Fortefog" mini fumer ready to go, thinking to let it off around 12/12 flip time?

If you grow for long enough, you will meet these little buggers. And when you do, it's war! The worst is when they start to take hold toward the end of flower, I will never spay anything at this time so I try mechanical destruction with my fingers! anyone else do this?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weedpanda For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19), r33ee (12-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by weedpanda View Post
    Im going to try this. Ive got a "Fortefog" mini fumer ready to go, thinking to let it off around 12/12 flip time?

If you grow for long enough, you will meet these little buggers. And when you do, it's war! The worst is when they start to take hold toward the end of flower, I will never spay anything at this time so I try mechanical destruction with my fingers! anyone else do this?
    I woudnt discharge that fogger whilst your plants are present...

Regards BL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Please remember when dealing with mites it's important to break there reproductive cycle. Weather organic or what ever.
    4 sprays at 72 hours apart should achieve this according to tests done.
    Blessings
    Redz
    Should being the operative word lol.

Quote Originally Posted by weedpanda View Post

You will never eradicate mites by squashing them with your fingers. Most likely you will do more damage to the plant than they will if you try.

Thanks

Guys,

from all bugs, aphids and especially spider mites are really the easiest to get rid off.
    I am growing for many years and I never needed any chemical insecticides, fumigators or whatever. Not for effing Spider Mites.

Get Insecticidal Soap (also called Potassium Soap or Kalisoap). Spray with a good sprayer, like a manual garden pressure sprayer.
    Insecticidal soap is safe, non-toxic, smells great etc...and you can even use it on buds. (Unlike eg. Neem).

Many commercial aphid sprays are nothing else but insecticidal soap, just with some flashy name.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flexy123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do you know what Spider Mites are? You can hardly see them with the naked eye If you have an average infestation, how would you squish 1000s of mites on your plants with your fingers?

You can absolutely use insecticidal soap also on buds (the worst that can happen is that it turns pistil hairs brown early, but no other negative effect).
    If you're really paranoid about getting ANYTHING on your buds, taking plants out and just hosing them off with water from your garden hose works also.

Spider mites, whiteflies, thrips are NOT difficult to get rid off, no need for chemicals or spending money on something which is likely (most of the time) just insecticidal soap anyway. Even stuff like Nuke 'Em is just effing insecticidal soap, with some more or less nonsensical ingredients added. (The 'advantage of Nuke 'Em is that it also prevents mould, fungus, PM etc. On some other sites I posted my DIY Nuke 'Em recipe, but just for aphids (mites etc.), you are fine with insecticidal soap. I have a 1L bottle here which cost €5....this lasts me..YEARS...
    Last edited by flexy123; 21-08-19 at 12:09 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flexy123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22), leafy (11-04-20), r33ee (12-08-22)

Thanks

I bought a thousand ladybugs. That was pretty fun but ultimately I suggest just keeping vigilant and crushing them in your fingers.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeoman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22), r33ee (12-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,418 Times

Both your post have been about spider mites in threads that were over 2 years old.
    If you are trying to up your post count there are plenty of ways to do it with out
    spamming threads.

Thank You

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Time to polish the hammer?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (02-02-22), Easy-T (02-02-22), GEORGE (02-02-22), r33ee (12-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,418 Times

It's looking that way.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18