Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidermites try this

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Read what dekay wrote in this (the 1st post of the thread) before using plant vitality +,

I had spidermites and have looked into their eradication extensively now, i have talked to a few old time growers to and there are products that work but are not what they say, BAC product plant vitality, i heard few using from holland, so called organic is not safe to use unless u got a few months for the chemical to disappear as it is not organic as claimed it is systematic chemical (will pass from cell to cell till whole plant). Harkers Harka-mectin Parasite Treatment 5ml however is organic and used on racing pigeons but the active ingredient is used in many lice, water parasites, mite treatments and is only active for a short time. This treatment is not mine but it is known about by growers just i never heard it mentioned before so thought i better share as it apparently works in one application (as other claims) but it wont hang around and poison you it will only be on the leaves where you sprayed it and will degrade quickly in light. When it arrives will let you know how it goes, i dont have many now after the bleach but they still there, although still not on the trainwreck.

update:100 success on all plants and at 8 pound per bottle (5 treatments) too.
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

i thought i had read that then i read thar it was ok theres so much conflicting info it drives me crazy ill try the harkers first then i was thinking because it systematic that might be a good thing fuck it im just going to dip the whole things in harkers ( three worst plants) and be done with it, in a dustbin if it degrades great as it has to touch the mites it the only way it will work i think weather is good so will dry out ok
    what do you think?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    ive got 10 big plants i cant do all the leaves individually ok i try and get some of this stuff how about a smoke bomb type killer any one know much about that? im kicking my self cos i knew to look for them but forgot i noticed white spots on the leaves two weeks ago but it didnt click ive got a 4 plant scrog that must have them to fuckin hell what a shiter !!! just what a nubie needed lol
    If you have a look at Greens Horticulture online they sell the smoke bombs you be after.... they're 13.5% Permethrin, and each fogger does 7.5 cubic metres and they are about £4.95 each. I have not used them as of yet i want to see if the Harkers works first.....Hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to spidersniper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Question

Also can anyone tell me if i need to cover the water trays before i spray the plants or doesn't it matter if you get drips in the nutrient trays???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spidersniper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

I don't know, i can't see through the smoke
    Thanks

damn it, just checked, found only one mite, but lots of eggs, got the harkers on order, INVADERS MUST DIE!!! they will not harm my baby, not after all ive invested to make this happen! death to the spider mite infidel scum!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDukeof420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

I use this as part of my cleansing routine in between grows.

Thoroughly clean room, pots etc using 5% bleach solution and allow to dry naturally over night.

Next day, mix into a 3 litre portable sprayer 3 x 5 - 10 ml of Harkers Mectin and a few drops of soap and spray down all surfaces that aren't electric related and allow again to dry over night.
    You can, instead of using soap, add a few drops of SBPI which contains a wetting agent.

When I wash my room down, I tend to spray the walls until they're like waterfalls and all the run off goes into my grow tray area and then needs to evaporate off.

Next day, turn off all fans and release 2 Pyretherin foggers (one at each end of the room) and leave again over night.

I also spray all my cuttings from the mum cabinet from top to bottom before planting up into their flowering pots. I literally saturate the whole lot with a fine spray of the Harkers and soap.

Not seen a mite since.

Best Borg chemical warfare product money can buy!!!

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGreenMachine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19), Johns Cronz (29-04-12), Trevortoupe (05-10-15)

Thanks

Wink

I dont think you need to spray your room with the harkers because as someone said in an earlier reply the harkers dries on the plant and the mites eat the leafage and the harkers goes to work internally....spraying the room will have no effect as the mites wont digest any of it......I hope this makes sense and i hope i have read this piece of advice correctly from an earlier post....
    However the cleaning down of the room with a bleech solution is a great idea and one i plan to adopt. I learnt the hard way and got spider mite from leaving the dead plants in the room for two weeks before cleaning up, the little bits of plant that were left in the pot were enough for the SM's to live on and the fact there was no air circiulating that part of my room gave them a great start....That'll teach me for being lazy and not clearing up after myself. however a can of hairspray and a lighter did the trick on the spidermite and now i intent to bleech the room top to bottom....I have treated my mums with harkers just in case but it would seem they have left them alone for now. Happy dayz....Hopefully
    DEATH TO THE SCUM SPIDER MITE....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to spidersniper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

i would Imagen the foggers take care of the room

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

my next plants have to come in from out side so ive made a harkers and soap bath in a dustbin and then neem as they are hempys im hoping i wont have any problems with bugs in the medium they come in in two week so they are getting a dip to morrow followed by three more dips untill they are in and a fogger for the room

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Yeah, it is probably overkill lol

One thing I did observe / discover during my months of torment is that strain can play a BIG role in the Borg's hold on your room.

In my case, I made this discovery / observation quite by accident.
    My usual strain was Cinderella 99 which the Borg simply adored but it was when I later decided to grow out some LA Conf x Skunk freebies along side the Cindy that I began noticing a few things.
    The first thing I observed was that the Cinderella became rife with Borg as per usual, sometimes to the point where they were forming clumps on the ends of leafs ready to take to the wind to spread but the LA were primarily ignored.

The LA had a few colonies try to establish but they never really took hold and towards the end, there wern't many Borg present on the LA at all.

From extensive reading, I discovered that the borg favor sickly plants or those with weak immune systems and so this lead me to finally conclude that the gene pool of my Cindy was floored.
    When I was given the Cindy cuttings originally they didn't look great but I put that down to traveling. I was a complete noob at the start and didn't know about pheno's, breeding, genes etc back then.
    I took one of the cuttings as a mum and so all offspring were weak which didn't help my battle with the little rotters.

I can't blame the strain, I was just unfortunate to start out with a weak copy which didn't help my problem.
    I now grow LA as my main supply; partially because it smokes good but also because it is resiliant to the Borg.

So it's not always just about treatment, it can be about strain too!

So far I've had 2 grows Borg free but we'll see how long that record lasts now that Summer is aproaching and the litte SOBs are livening up.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGreenMachine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19), Johns Cronz (29-04-12)

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast