Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidermites try this

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

ive forund plant vitality is the bizz when it comes to mites
    also ive now got no pest strips from the states (bought they in a 3 pack for about 20quid) and neem oil to repell them before they get in a three pronged attack works very well no mites now and it should stay that wayand my current plants came in from the garden!
    i found a few mites on my scrog (never been out side) i put a no pest strip in there and turned the fans off for a few hours plus a spay over the top of PV and now theres no live ones in sight i never saw any eggs but they must of been there it kills them as well ,
    plant vitality is systematic so not so important to get under every leaf which is just not possible with ten plants it works very well a bit expensive but worth it i think
    PV saved my last grow really good stuff (ive got mectin it works great but it to hard to get them all on more than a few plants and you need to do it every three 3 days for a few goes) and gives the plants a real boost they need
    i suck my air from the garden with tights over the end to filter apart from getting a heapa filter there no way i can see to stop getting them and i cant be doing with changing my clothes all the time after being in the garden so i should get them more than most but i dont now yay!
    since using the no pest strips they havent come back i only put the strips in there for a few days then remove it untill a 2 weeks and then put it back in i seem to have beaten the borg for good now i hope

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (15-05-12), GEORGE (21-08-19), King Chong (30-08-12), Simba (20-09-11), TheGreenMachine (26-05-11)

Thanks

Default air pump = spidermite colony!!1

just clenaing out my room ready for next lot. had the same dreaded problem as everyone. anyway i was cleaning my air pump and noticed quite a few redy spidermites. Decided to open it up and have a look. to my horror there was an entire kingdom living inside my air pump. have just spent the last 1/2 hour taking it a part and systematically destroying those little red specks of doooom.

my advice if you're using air pumps keep them outside your room. i think the heat and the airflow provide a perfect breeding ground for them.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keegs For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (15-05-12), GEORGE (21-08-19), King Chong (30-08-12), TheGreenMachine (26-05-11)

Thanks

aren't the red ones the ones that eat the two spotted ones we have so much trouble with or are reds ones just as bad ?
    good job on finding them dude

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

I think they're the same ones arnt they ? They're called red mites and/or 2 spotted mites.

Dekay I dunno wr the hell mine are comming from as a don't have any other plants in my house , suppose it must be outside eh .
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

oh really i thought i had read that red spider mites were used to control two spotted ones in big greenhouses none of mine looked red !
    perhaps you not eradicating them fully m8? if there in you room they must be all over the place very hard to deal with little shits i put mine not coming back down to the no pest strips im using

edit no you right they are one and the same the pred mites that kill them are also red looking SpiderMite Killer - Phytosieulus persimilis Standard pack:Tube of 1000 Phytoseilus - £11.95 including UK First Class Post quite pricey for a 1000 but if it works then worth it
    Last edited by Forest; 27-05-11 at 10:27 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (27-05-11), GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    Clearing them is fine but you need to find source, mine was chilli plants in completely different room, I never even considered it was me putting the mites in there on my clothes whatever.
    I think mine are coming in from my air intake which comes in from outside cos my grow is outside... If that's the case, looks like it's going to be a long summer of war! LoL

They could be hiding in my room somewhere but I've not seen anything that looks like a mite habitat. The only thing I ever saw was after my last big infestation before winter where the mites had left my cropped buds which were haning and drying and decided to move into an area between my fan and the ceiling and I dosed that site and the whole room in fact ages back...

If it gets too bad theres always the alternative...

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreenMachine For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

you can buy a hepa filter for stopping mite coming through the intake simples ! i cant find round ones but im sure you can mod one in some way

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Bumpin this sticky cause there's a few peeps on panic mode

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

I posted a while ago about mite and was recommended various products, found harkers to be ok but not as long lasting and as safe as they claim, any spidermite problems arise for any of you guys in the future use dr.schimmel spidermite cure, a friend nd I had it on a serious infestation up until 48 hours before harvest with no problems, it truely is the muttz nuttz of spidermite iradication, and also they do make other cures weve used through them, such as products for botrytis, which was equally as efficient. Def check these guys out.

**Spam link removed.
    Last edited by Grub; 06-09-11 at 12:31 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to laurigreenfingers81 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

shame theres not more info on that piss poor site, im intrested in the top rot stuff to have just in case it comes again

i dont get mites any more using "hot shot no pest strips" from the states they only took 4 days to come over to the uk and ive not seen a mite for 3 grows and i had them bad before that and they are cheap imo

if using any of these remodys you need at least two to use alternating cos the mites can get immune so ive read

prevention is better than cure always

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast