Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidermites try this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keegs View Post
    just clenaing out my room ready for next lot. had the same dreaded problem as everyone. anyway i was cleaning my air pump and noticed quite a few redy spidermites. Decided to open it up and have a look. to my horror there was an entire kingdom living inside my air pump. have just spent the last 1/2 hour taking it a part and systematically destroying those little red specks of doooom.

my advice if you're using air pumps keep them outside your room. i think the heat and the airflow provide a perfect breeding ground for them.
    Holy shit, that's mental

Glad you told us about that, luckily I only use my pump for bubbling nuits, but gonna go oxy pots next time
    The quieter we become, the more able we are to hear!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chong For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

There is a lot of debate about using harsh chemicals like avid and floramite to kill spider mites.. I fought the borg for years always spraying azamax always having slightly azamax contaminated buds.

Finally I cycled from avid to floramite to avid again on VEG plants ONLY and they are gone. Been gone for a year now. Using the strong stuff was definitely worth having a completely pest free grow long term..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to growbread For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Just an FYI for anyone reading, after seeing this thread i got some harker-mectin, but it didnt really do it for me.

It -does- kill them, but (perhaps this was because mine was so heavily infested) they keep coming back!
    The bottle is almost finished now and although it almost wiped them out, a few seem to survive and rebuild, every time!

I'll try plant vitality next as hopefully that stays active in the plant longer (from what ive understood) the buggers wont be able to wait it out...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stilton8r For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

jimmi420 Guest

Good thread thx.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

dekay (12-12-12)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

i have used harkers mectin for some time now.. as said above it doesn´t kill all eggs so u need to keep using for 2-3 weeks.... i have recently been using it with neem oil.. and this imo is the best and i am now mite free finally!! it has took me bout 18mnths to eradicate the fookers.. i have finally managed a full grow without the cunts.. i use neem oil with harkers as a prevention now in veg.. I think they not only do not like the neem.. but when its sprayed with harkers together, the harkers sticks on the leaves longer and when the fuckers do hatch and take the first bite there fucked.. i use the neem on its own early flower, more because i like how healthy and shiny it makes my ladies look..

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

fieldwalker (28-11-13), GEORGE (21-08-19), Lucky_Cat (09-12-12)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks

plant vitatity, mighty wash, night night spidermite and the rest are shite and a fuckin waste of good coin...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Got the borg now from a gifted clone. have known about the harkers for a while so have a bottle in me "Canna first aid kit" and sprayed me plants on Friday.. and since then have killed only another two who were very slow moving.. harkers harka mectin works and is CHEAP AS CHIPS compared to the rip-offs we get in the industry.. harkers is ÂŁ6 for 5ml which will make 10 litres or 5 litres of Borg-Hell.. product is sold in the states under a different name but can't remember it off hand.. tis bird shit...as in tis used to treat birds for mites so should be a piece of cake to get hold off.. why pay more?

another spray on Tueday and the job will be done..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky_Cat For This Useful Post:

dekay (06-02-13), GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

use it with neem m8, even better results+neem oil is cheap as fuck as well

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

dekay (12-12-12), GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

gona trey this maybe wors on the gnatt too

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Thanks

Default Spidermites

I have had some sereous issues with spider mites all last year. I grow in my garauge so the little suckers come in from outside. I tried everything to slow them down and or kill them. I found one method that finally worked. What I did was go by fly strips. You open the sticky strip and wrap it around the containers just bellow the lip. If your plants don't touch each other then they cant get to new plants. I even took the strips and wrapped them around the bottom of the plants then pulled them off. The sticky stuff stays on the pot and then I wrap it again higher up.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hwdoyado For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-08-19)

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast