Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Every go so far...NO FRIGGIN SMELL!!!

Thanks

Default Every go so far...NO FRIGGIN SMELL!!!

Im using genetics that should stink (DP Blueberry) and yet again the results dont smell,theres a hint and when compressed a bud will smell but none of my grows so far in this cupboard have smelled yet? They always end up lookng a tad lifeless and brittle almost with that damp musty smell,no rot but that smell etc.It tiocks all the boxes as far as trychomes etc,covered in crystals,sticky as hell like they should be.The tackiness in my fingers smells obviously but it just dosnt have the smell it should be screaming of as i have now got to grips with the fundamentals of hydro and can produce good,healthy plants.So its a cupboard,i have a Rvk extracting a cooltube 400w Lumatek,i have a little passive intake and also a household fan within the cupboiard,blowing away 24/7.
    I personally am thinking its intake,fresh air? Its not the light/heat as ive checked that plus im using a proper cooltube with extraction.Also ive only been using a 400w for a few months,prior to that it was a 300w CFL with the same drab results.
    Dont get me wrong,the result to look at looks great,ill get a shot when i can but just no odour and when dried they develop the musty smell but i believe the smell is inherited from the grow and not the result of bad drying conditions.
    Its really irratating me as i feel ive learnt enough now (thanks to you guys!) to be getting nice results and yes its smokable and very nice tbh but having been a toker all my life,a conoisseur like alot of you,you want that bouquet.
    Ive always compared it to fine wine in that aspect.
    Id really appreciate your expert input people.Im sure ive asked before.Whatever it takes though,do i need a fan for intake also?,its only a bloody cupboard.
    There wont be any room for a plant at this rate!
    Cheers.
    It aint rocket science

Master Poet Guest

Well I dont know what you're doing wrong, I used to growin a drobe and had no problems with my weed not smelling, always has and I suspect always will smell when I grow. But at the end of the day if it's doing the job, it's doing the job. What strains have you tried?

Thanks

It does the job Poet but i smoke all day everyday and want the whole deal plus although its still nice it is missing something that stops it being WOW,if i thought it was my own inability etc then fair enough but when its something influencing the environment etc and thats all thats preventing it being...WOW (sorry!) then i would like to solve it.
    Like i said,i think of it like wine.
    Any wine will do if you wanna get drunk ie teenagers etc but for those a little older,we want more lol!
    Ive attempted to grow GWS,Cheese (GHS),Bag seed and now DP Blueberry,which i chose deliberately due to its strong odour but here we are again!
    Something tells me maybe its a lack of fresh air intake or humidity maybe but surely in the climate we are currently in (UK) that should be lessened,no?
    I adore the wonderful variety of smells,i dont understand when people say they hate it or it smells of vomit/piss.To me they all smell amazing and is such a vital part imo.When you sit druelling at the seed bank descriptions im sure some peoples decisions are,in some way,influenced by the odour description.
    I know im going on but im sure someones experienced this,i know this sites got some excellent members so im hoping some will have an idea about this.
    Thanks as always.

Thanks

have you tried any other genetics, or just the blueberry may be it's time for a change..

mick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickrick View Post
    have you tried any other genetics, or just the blueberry may be it's time for a change..

mick.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddsdavey View Post
    Ive attempted to grow GWS,Cheese (GHS),Bag seed and now DP Blueberry,which i chose deliberately due to its strong odour but here we are again!
    I dont think this has anything to do with genetics tbh,the same genetics have been grown by friends with fantastic,SMELLY results.
    Please dont tell me im unique cause then theres no bloody hope!

Thanks

(sorry,damn edit timeout gets me everytime!).
    I mean dont get me wrong,if i compress a bud or grind etc then there is a pleasant aroma but i want that straight out the bag smell afterall it is the dealer that i am trying to replace with my own grown and i wont be content until i have that product entirely or my head will always know that i can buy better thus the whole point in taking so much time and effort to learn etcwould seem pointless (imo).
    Wert,Egg,any of the gurus about.Surely someones experienced this?

Thanks

my trainwreck didnt have any smell at all till it was over 6 weeks in flower smells alright now its dryin though
    Beat Nickin' Joint Flickin' THCTalk Clickin'

Thanks

Cant anybody help?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

Just googled it and it seems to have happened to quite a few people in a variety of different ways.
    Some have had it stinkin while it's growing but then no smell in dry/cure stage and they all put it down to improper cureing.
    Then there are people that've had it odourless in flower and stinkin in dry/cure and this is put down to genetics.
    No-one has an affirmative explanation that i can see mate.
    I'll keep on lookin.
    Cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Lost Soul For This Useful Post:

ddsdavey (03-12-10)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

are u sure ur not just getting used to it ? i grow super skunk and that fuckin hums but to me i can hardly smell it , same with blues aswell , every1 says it realy realy stinks but i can only just smell it abit if i squeeze it.
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cannamancan For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (17-09-18)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast