Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: As simple as it gets! Mini cab, multi strain 12/12 from seed under CFL's.

Thanks

Some proper healthy girls there cv, can't wait to see how they get on.
    Are you gonna be bottom feeding them again?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Gumball good to see you here :-) Its going to be same old thing really, small plants, bottom watered etc but I intend to pack them in and get as many strains going as I can this time. I have found this method under these CFL's produces an average of right around 10 to 12 grams dry. As my plants stay very compact and don't spread much I'm going to try for 5 in there maybe 6 for a fortnightly harvest down the line... lets see how things go.

Hi V12, yes, same bottom watering mostly on a daily basis as previously once the root ball is well established outside the bottom of the pot.

Today (17th December) 'crystal' the Master Kush showed her first pistils, so the countdown begins :-) You can see also the one Snow White and the 2 Swiss Cheese (slightly smaller and just germinated).

As I said its a very simple grow style, basic PH test kit and a bottle of PH down (2 drops knock my water back to a round 6.4). Lights go on at 8am and off at 8pm. I simply remove the door between 8 and 9 am and replace it between 8 and 9pm- ish! This way no temp problems (75) and the box is up in our bedroom where I can keep an eye on it.

V12, I see that EDIT is also doing a limited 'pick n mix' and have some nice fem strains on offer, I might try a couple soon.

Hi Br4d and cheers for watching, after that big fu**ing beast of yours mine look a bit silly but I have plans for summer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002..jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	33241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005..jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	33242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001..jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	33243  

Dirk Gently Guest

The space in my fridge is a tiny bit bigger than yours by a matter of a few cm's (im a metric man lol) yet I'm using a 400W HPS - no heat problems.

Only have 3 plants in there though. Do you think I could fit another 1 or 2? I've only had 2 weeks veg so barely much more than straight from 12/12.

Thanks

DG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    The space in my fridge is a tiny bit bigger than yours by a matter of a few cm's (im a metric man lol) yet I'm using a 400W HPS - no heat problems.

Only have 3 plants in there though. Do you think I could fit another 1 or 2? I've only had 2 weeks veg so barely much more than straight from 12/12.

Thanks

DG
    Hi DG,
    That 2 weeks veg can make a lot of difference, plus I keep my plants small by restricting root space. I'd say stick with 3 plants especially under a 400HPS! Got a link to the grow? I like to follow these small space grows.

If I leave the box closed up the temps only hit 82 which is actually fine, the 'pull' through the side vent is pretty strong for such cheap fans, but I like to leave it opened up as it throws a lovely light out into the room on these dark winter days :-) What fan you using to control that HPS heat? I know they're not as bad as some think compared to lots of CFL's, I used to use a 600HPS (loft grow) and never found heat a major problem but the box was quite a big bigger.

Cheers,
    CV.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cerebralvibrator For This Useful Post:

Dirk Gently Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cerebralvibrator View Post
    Hi DG,
    That 2 weeks veg can make a lot of difference, plus I keep my plants small by restricting root space. I'd say stick with 3 plants especially under a 400HPS! Got a link to the grow? I like to follow these small space grows.

If I leave the box closed up the temps only hit 82 which is actually fine, the 'pull' through the side vent is pretty strong for such cheap fans, but I like to leave it opened up as it throws a lovely light out into the room on these dark winter days :-) What fan you using to control that HPS heat? I know they're not as bad as some think compared to lots of CFL's, I used to use a 600HPS (loft grow) and never found heat a major problem but the box was quite a big bigger.

Cheers,
    CV.
    Really - two weeks makes that much difference? Hmm.. I'll stick with the three for now then. I don't have a diary up yet as I've only just hit flowering and let's face it, it's a bit dull up until then. I'll be repotting this weekend, take a few more pics and then pop a diary up if I can be arsed lol.
    The fan is a ComairRotron Maltese Falcon. I acquired it through work. It's 45W. Temps vary according to the room ie whether I'm in it or not, is it a hot/cold day etc but usually around 86-90F (yeah I lied about metric) which is a tiny bit warm but that is partly due to radiant heat as the probe is directly in the light.

Thanks for your advice.

DG

Thanks

Looking good cerebralvibrator, ill be subbing to this. I'm also a CFL grower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oh!Serena View Post
    Looking good cerebralvibrator, ill be subbing to this. I'm also a CFL grower
    what he said
    My first grow in 32x36x67cm gspace, 2 x dynamite from clones
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ngs-first-grow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Really - two weeks makes that much difference? Hmm.. I'll stick with the three for now then. I don't have a diary up yet as I've only just hit flowering and let's face it, it's a bit dull up until then. I'll be repotting this weekend, take a few more pics and then pop a diary up if I can be arsed lol.
    The fan is a ComairRotron Maltese Falcon. I acquired it through work. It's 45W. Temps vary according to the room ie whether I'm in it or not, is it a hot/cold day etc but usually around 86-90F (yeah I lied about metric) which is a tiny bit warm but that is partly due to radiant heat as the probe is directly in the light.

Thanks for your advice.

DG
    Hi DG,
    I tried to find a pic of one of my old plants vegged for 2 weeks for comparison but I cant But it does make quite a difference, especially in bigger pots. If you do a thread post me the link please?

Oh!serena: Thanks for coming. I have been growing with CFLs for just over 2 years now, since our friends in blue came in and removed my HPS grow! I can honestly say that apart from yield there has not been any noticeable difference in quality whatsoever between CFL and HPS buds.

Jonathon, thanks for looking in here

So, 'Crystal' the Master Kush is a few days since showing pistils. After a lot of thought I decided to use a bit of LST on her. It has opened her up to the light, no doubt about that. I pulled the top down pretty hard (V12, your method mate, I'm usually more gentle and tie slightly further back !). There are 8 side shoots now that should develop as she flowers.

'Captain Cave Man' ....... where are you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005..jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	33393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001..jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	33394  

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerebralvibrator For This Useful Post:

Simba (08-01-12), teutonic (05-05-11)

Dirk Gently Guest

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Gently For This Useful Post:

cerebralvibrator (19-12-10)

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast