Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poly Tunnel?

Thanks

Default Poly Tunnel?

Hi, me and my parents have a small holding, with a polytunnel, were just entering our second year of growing in it. Does anyone else grow using poly tunnels, I've found it really easy, specially as i'm a first time grower, my parents not so much.
    Alex

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

You lucky git,i'd love to have a small bit of land with a polytunnel or 4.
    There better then greenhouses cos of the open ends so it doesn't get to humid when flowering which will rot buds.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,049 Times

Any advice to us greenhouse growers then regarding the humidity when the flowering stage is upon me

Thanks

I know somebody who uses a polytunnel to grow. They're fantastic. As Mat said the humidity is reduced. Also, it is harder to detect from the air as they're not completely transparent and you can grow a whole forest!
    My Grow Diary!

"Smoking marijuana is more popular in America than surfing the Internet"

Thanks

I have a polytunnel and just starting my grow in it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poly1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1155  

Thanks

dude thats amazing
    can you just make poly tunnels then?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    dude thats amazing
    can you just make poly tunnels then?
    You can but I would imagine it's easier to buy one. More expensive though.

Thanks

Yea, The Poly Tunnels brilliant, my mum n dad bought an old house years ago with 5 acres rediculasly cheap and have been D.I.Y'ing it for 15 years now. Our PolyTunnel is massive, but of course D.I.Y'ed, we build it from the ground up using recycled materials from local farms! Its mainly used for organic fruit n veg tho....and certain tropical plants.

The only problem i really had last year was it being to HOT!!! it started to burn the leaves a little bit, and actually killed 7 of plants (quite young)! and bud rot had to cut early.

This year has been good for the heat, it hasnt been to bad and quite nice and mild. but still warm in the poly tunnel, been bout 30-35 during the day a lot recently. I'm still worried bout losing 5 plants to rot tho, theres no sign of trouble now. n ive got more ventlation this year.

I'm considering buying a solar powered fan or something:/ any ideas?
    All posts are from other sources and I am not involved in marijuana cultivation or horticulture.

Opium Strand Cannabis Organic Outdoor Grow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Xavia View Post
    Yea, The Poly Tunnels brilliant, my mum n dad bought an old house years ago with 5 acres rediculasly cheap and have been D.I.Y'ing it for 15 years now. Our PolyTunnel is massive, but of course D.I.Y'ed, we build it from the ground up using recycled materials from local farms! Its mainly used for organic fruit n veg tho....and certain tropical plants.

The only problem i really had last year was it being to HOT!!! it started to burn the leaves a little bit, and actually killed 7 of plants (quite young)! and bud rot had to cut early.

This year has been good for the heat, it hasnt been to bad and quite nice and mild. but still warm in the poly tunnel, been bout 30-35 during the day a lot recently. I'm still worried bout losing 5 plants to rot tho, theres no sign of trouble now. n ive got more ventlation this year.

I'm considering buying a solar powered fan or something:/ any ideas?
    hmm solar powered fan now theres an idea!

antother thing i guess you could do is make sure the plant has as many colas as possible, so there wont be big fat dense colas that are going to be prone to rot!

how effective are poly tunnels at amplifying light? (i presume thats what they do mainly )

Thanks

Yea, as it says in the diary i have been nipping them a bit so hopefully this will help. I'd quite like a few large buds tho lol.

Well i suppose they're pretty gd, i no a day of weeding in there can leave u with some nasty sun burn.
    The covering blocks out certain types of light aswell, or some toff tht my dad sed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast