Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Sticky wicket - The official cricket thread

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

big mouth chris tarrant on who wants to be a millionaire said who won the final..damn,,wanted to see highlights ..Knew they would win and I said who they would play in the final..christ chris lol...

Looking for New Pastures

2. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23)

blurry-vision Guest

Yeah conrats to India, gutted my bet never won, but that's gambling !

Thanks

SL were at least 1 bowler down. Mendes should've played and MM was carrying a groin injury that meant he couldn't get the usual turn. Having said that, India deserved to win on the basis that they have consistently played the best throughout the tournament - and Dhoni's knock was superb.
    HF

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant." John Stuart Mill (On Liberty of 1859)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Headfcuk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23)

blurry-vision Guest

Yeah the back up bowling was terrible agree on mendis would have been a much better option he rarely goes round the park..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

Headfcuk (03-04-11)

Thanks

I didn't mind to ashes properly !!!

Cause i was busy too at the ashes time !!1

So , how was you enjoyed guys the series ????

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Good final, good tournament, much to my surprise. Agree with you HF and blurry about Sri Lanka's bowling.

Anyone watching the IPL on ITV4, can be pretty entertaining, bit too much razzmatazz when your stoned though.

County championship has started, Notts off to a great start, thrashing Hant's by 9 wickets, without our two best bowlers as well (Broad + Swann).

I love this time of year, the sound of leather on willow and the smell of cannabis seedlings on the windowsill.

All good things
    TDA

10. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23)

blurry-vision Guest

Yeah great to see the County cricket back, I especially like the start of the cricket season too. And good to see the likes of Rashid and Onions bowling well last few games also, there are so many good bowlers around pushing for England places it seems. We could do with a few more batters mind especially limited overs wise, we need another Trescothick type after the WC debacle.

Yeah I have not watched much of the IPL yet, fancied a break from cricket after the Ashes and WC been back to back. Think I'll try and catch a few games this week in the IPL.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (18-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Just noticed the Warks v Som match, Woakes made 129 and took 8(ish) wickets in an innings thrashing, why was he not in the WC squad, especially after his good showing against the Aussies in the T20?

I fancy the Chennai Super Kings for the IPL, great batting line up, odds won't be good though cos they won it last year.

All good things
    TDA

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23), Headfcuk (20-04-11)

blurry-vision Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUDE ABIDES View Post
    Just noticed the Warks v Som match, Woakes made 129 and took 8(ish) wickets in an innings thrashing, why was he not in the WC squad, especially after his good showing against the Aussies in the T20?

I fancy the Chennai Super Kings for the IPL, great batting line up, odds won't be good though cos they won it last year.

All good things
    TDA
    Yeah I noticed that he is making a great case for been our all rounder, with Broad and Woakes down the order we would look very strong batting wise.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

Headfcuk (20-04-11), THE DUDE ABIDES (21-04-11)

Thanks

Having a break from watching too, but looking forward to another season behind the stumps. Sorry, but no amount of watching televised cricket compares with the thud of the ball in your gloves having just taken a thin but clearly audible edge from the oppo's opening bat.

Woakes is definitely the next big name, and you're spot on with the Broad / Woakes combo - an exciting prospect.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Headfcuk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23), THE DUDE ABIDES (21-04-11)

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast