Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Diy Aero-Hydro grow w/CFLs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,314 Times

Just keep a close eye on them, waiting too long can also be bad. They will degrade and get less potent. Never let them go past 50% amber. And if you do let them go to 50%, prepare to do a lot of napping! LOL.

Dry and cure is the next most important part for you! Peace. h
    Last edited by hemivette; 01-06-11 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Stoned

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hemivette For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemivette View Post
    Just keep a close eye on them, waiting too long can also be bad. They will degrade and get less potent. Never let them go past 50% amber. And if you do let them go to 50%, prepare to do a lot of napping! LOL.

Dry and cure is the next most important part for you! Peace. h
    I hear ya, I checked today, still about 50% cloudy, but the amber is getting more dominet and I have been rinsing the roots now for 7-8 days, so the cut is just a few days away. One nice thing growing aero-hydro, you can rinse the roots allot easier than growing from soil.

I have been curing in pint glass mason jars since my 1st grow in 2010. Curing in glass jars diffently makes a hugh difference in quality of taste, smell and especially potentancy. Everytime I bust open a fresh jar bud, the buzz just gets stronger and last longer.....

Plan to get seeds ordered this week as well. Decided to try my hand at Skunk#1, Royal Haze and perhaps White Rhino or Medicine Man. Also plan to get a few extra Blue Widow seeds to restock my seed bank and to keep on hand.... thanks again for your support

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4030002.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	54325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4030021.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	54326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4030007.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	54327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4030005.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	54328

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faderharley For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20), scottishlass29 (01-04-15)

Thanks

I love hydro, if you ask me its easier than dirt, and your in complete control over what and when they eat.

I cure in tall ceramic flour containers, with compression seal lids. I have found it to even be better than glass jars, I think its cause of the darkness.

Thats funny, I just ordered seeds yesterday. Gonna try some back to back auto's for some quick harvests. I ordered Biodiesel Mass, which is Diesel and Critical Mass. Peace. h

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hemivette For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20)

Thanks

I love hydro, if you ask me its easier than dirt, and your in complete control over what and when they eat.

I cure in tall ceramic flour containers, with compression seal lids. I have found it to even be better than glass jars, I think its cause of the darkness.

Thats funny, I just ordered seeds yesterday. Gonna try some back to back auto's for some quick harvests. I ordered Biodiesel Mass, which is Diesel and Critical Mass. Peace. h
    Thanks hemivette, before my 1st grow I had spent weeks researching the different ways to grow bud and I kept coming back to re-research Aeroponic-Hydroponic grow set-ups. When I came across a very kool DIY aero-hydro set-up by using rubbermaid tote boxes, airstones w/an air pump, submergable pump to send the nutes to micro sprayers I felt this is the way I'm going to grow my medical MJ.... I understood the concept of spraying the dark enclosed root system w/oxygenated nutrients, fertilizer and water.... It's more work maintaining a steady PH level and PPM's levels but the grower has far more control using an aero-hydro or hydro grow setup.

I keep my bud stored in pint mason jars in a cool and dark area to prevent any molding... my last grow I ended up w/15 pint jars from 4 plants..... and the longer it stays in the jars, the better the bud.... thanks again for your support and suggestions...

Photo is from my 2nd grow harvest outcome, my current re-grow is from the same 4 plants which is the other photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grow-2.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	54418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB300001.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	54419  

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faderharley For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20), TheLung (16-12-14)

Thanks

I dont Know if you know this or not, but Prime just hooked us up on the inside info on bubbling your water for 24hrs before using. I was on a PH roller coaster, and using 10-15ml of PH down a day. After bubbling for 48hrs (I believe in overkill) Ive been using 10-15mls a week. It only moves about 4 points a day! Something to try if you havent already.

Thats pretty much the same setup as mine, only I have drip lines instead of sprayers. I tried the sprayers and they kept clogging, so I went to drippers when they are young, then I pull the drippers and just let the water run. No clogging!

Heres a couple pics of the DWC I just made for starting plants. Gonna be able to just pull the pot and all and move into the flower Cab. Peace. h
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	420 Tent 008.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	54546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	420 Tent 004.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	54547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	420 Tent 005.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	54548   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	420 Tent 006.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	54549  

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemivette For This Useful Post:

faderharley (26-06-11), farmerdave (15-07-11), GEORGE (11-05-20)

Thanks

nice man, that blue widow is amazing. I may have to try and find some of those seeds somewhere... hard to get them shipped where I live. If I didnt have my setup in my bedroom, I'd be jumping all over aero... I dont like humidity and I think that'd be an issue being 8 feet from my bed. Either way, the regrow is awesome, I didnt realize it would grow back and have buds that good the second time. I may have to try that with my mystery plant. I'm sittin at 45 days on mine, so I still got at least 2 weeks left. I wish I was closer to your grow time, or your jar supply lol

Great work
    Everything I post is complete fiction. I play a doctor on TV.....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torxxx For This Useful Post:

faderharley (26-06-11), GEORGE (11-05-20)

Thanks

I dont Know if you know this or not, but Prime just hooked us up on the inside info on bubbling your water for 24hrs before using. I was on a PH roller coaster, and using 10-15ml of PH down a day. After bubbling for 48hrs (I believe in overkill) Ive been using 10-15mls a week. It only moves about 4 points a day! Something to try if you havent already.

Thats pretty much the same setup as mine, only I have drip lines instead of sprayers. I tried the sprayers and they kept clogging, so I went to drippers when they are young, then I pull the drippers and just let the water run. No clogging!

Heres a couple pics of the DWC I just made for starting plants. Gonna be able to just pull the pot and all and move into the flower Cab. Peace. h
    Sweet set-up hermivette... I'll always grow aero-hydro, I know you get the best of the best quality from whatever strain that grows in aero-hydro... as of today the regrow is completed, after the cut I had shut it down..... got 15 pint jars of colombian gold and 3 pints of blue widow.... it's time to move on w/a few new strains.... not sure when I'll start my next grow.... maybe this upcoming fall, I have a larger area to work w/this time besides my 12sqft closet.... right now I'm in the middle of some minor re-modeling of the house.... once that's done I can get the new area set-up, been wanting to get a vertical grow going, which I may use that drip application verses spraying.... later bro

14. The Following User Says Thank You to faderharley For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by torxxx View Post
    nice man, that blue widow is amazing. I may have to try and find some of those seeds somewhere... hard to get them shipped where I live. If I didnt have my setup in my bedroom, I'd be jumping all over aero... I dont like humidity and I think that'd be an issue being 8 feet from my bed. Either way, the regrow is awesome, I didnt realize it would grow back and have buds that good the second time. I may have to try that with my mystery plant. I'm sittin at 45 days on mine, so I still got at least 2 weeks left. I wish I was closer to your grow time, or your jar supply lol

Great work
    Thanks torxxx, I have to agree, the blue widow is truly an awesome strain.... I'll always be growing that gal w/other strains... I go thru it pretty fast... I still have a full pint from my 1st run w/it, now I have 3 additional pints from the re-grow. I did the cut on 6-5-11, and both the gold and blue are curing in pint jars..... I got 15 pints of gold, 3 pints of blue and 2 large ziplock bags of underbud and sugar leaf trim for hash or hash oil..... adding that to my other jars and I'm swimming in bud for the moment... thanks again for stopping by...
    Blue Widow day of the cut

Name:	P4060013.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	58485
    take home pay, 15 pints of Landrace Colombian Gold, 3 pints of Blue Widow...

Name:	P4220002.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	58486

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faderharley For This Useful Post:

farmerdave (15-07-11), GEORGE (11-05-20)

sqydro Guest

what was the final dry weight then mate great grow, im considering makin something similar how long did u veg for , do u have a pic of the roots inside the totes when finished?? 5**** from me !!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

faderharley (01-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sqydro View Post
    what was the final dry weight then mate great grow, im considering makin something similar how long did u veg for , do u have a pic of the roots inside the totes when finished?? 5**** from me !!
    hey sqydro, just recieved a warning from this forum about discussing yield results... but I'll say this much tho, I did very well from just 4 plants, 3 landrace colombian gold and a single blue widow, more than I'll ever consume....

regarding grow time, I switched to flowering after vegging for 5 weeks... as you are aware, the plant still grows during flowering or I believe they call it the stretch.... on this regrow, I flowered them for 11 weeks, 1st time on the original grow I flowered for 9 weeks.... I wanted more of a couchlock this round so I harvested when the trichomes were 70-80% cloudy w/+40% amber.... and it has the knockdown power I was trying to achieve.... I have no photos of the roots after I harvested, my tote box was only 7" deep and I was worried about root bound... but apparently 7" was deep enough....

my upcoming grow I plan to use 10" diameter PVC tubing for my grow boxes or grow tubes, gonna try a vertical grow... the grow-tubes will be 6 feet long, holding 8 plants each.... the plan is to stagger them like steps so I am hoping to have at least 4 tubes at one time... my new grow area is 4.5 feet deep, 8 feet long and 10 feet high.... still in the planing stage on this 4th grow... decided not to do another grow until this fall and glad I did that, I live in the midwest and we have been in a heat wave now going on 5 weeks, temps near or over 100... with that said, can't wait until October gets here.. new strains are skunk#1, royal haze, northern lights and of course some more blue widow... ended up with so much colombian gold, I won't need to grow that strain for a couple of years... anyway thanks for the stop by and comments and hope to hear from you again

20. The Following User Says Thank You to faderharley For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-05-20)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast