Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: more good canna news-anti propoganda page

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Default more good canna news-anti propoganda page

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8155
    its good fer ya brain, fuck the government.
    Cmon guys lets find all the good in weed stead of media/political propoganda.

dekay.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

an-sic (08-10-10), bodge (05-04-11), Butch Roughlove (19-03-13), fire master (20-02-11), GEORGE (11-09-14), Grandad (22-02-11), maryjane33 (24-02-15), Pazah (22-02-11), TheGreenMachine (08-03-10)

Thanks

We can win the battle, there is more of us n them cmon.

dekay

pierre Guest

the biggest arguement against weed is that it can bring out underlying mental health problems if u smoke as much as u possibly can (?) ...well those problems could not be identified without being brought out by weed, and they cant be fixed until they are indentified...
    its called the war on drugs, and wars are fought through deception.

many illegal drugs encourage free and creative thinking , something the gouvernment and corporations do not want to encourage incase everyone realises what greedy (be it power or money) bastards they are and rat them out...(or we just stop slaving away and giving them all the cash)
    sounds like a big conspiracy theory? kind of but no.

all drugs have their risks/uses, we just gotta understand and utilise them.
    imo anyway
    meh 2da meh meh am off to bed

Thanks

New scientist has had a few good reports on weed, but of course gets ignored while the Daily Mail jumps like a rabid hyena on any story or 'research' that paints cannabis as an evil tool of the devil! Thank You New scientist and thanks for the link to the story

We're still battling the notions created by the original Reefer Madness propaganda I think

Thanks

Dekay, I love these reports you've been posting, Gonna sticky these

Quote Originally Posted by Wellstoned View Post
    New scientist has had a few good reports on weed, but of course gets ignored while the Daily Mail jumps like a rabid hyena on any story or 'research' that paints cannabis as an evil tool of the devil! Thank You New scientist and thanks for the link to the story

We're still battling the notions created by the original Reefer Madness propaganda I think
    Completely off topic but your signature made me chuckle

Thanks

I really think this is a great idea Dekay... lets gether up all the research documents about cannabis we can find and put them in one place (here ). It'd make arguments with people on the subject much easier if we can just run off well referenced scientiific studies at the flick of a switch.

You know a lot of news sites allows comments? We could have a persistant barrage of referenced, accurate documents and just demolish all the trashy shock journalist bullshit. Really piss on their party

What we need are... studies on cannabis... then find some trashy reporting... which newspapers are big on reefer madness?
    First grow
    250W CFL stealth hempy. Jock Horror.
    Second grow 375W CFL stealth hempy. Early Girl.

Thanks

There seems to be benefits for the sick which are hard to deny but like it says in the article
    Quote Originally Posted by the beeb
    She said that the psychoactive effects and the legal implications associated with herbal cannabis use made it unsuitable as a treatment.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3644628.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4728605.stm

p.s There are an amazing number of LARGE studies that have been given to people like Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George Bush that have all concluded that cannabis is safe yet they dont want to send out a message (the truth) that it is so. I got a lot of reading to keep me going now but will link to any good bits fer you guys.

dekay.

like this one gonna read the whole of it when i have time.

The HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH LETTER [11] reports the findings of other major cannabis studies:

In three major studies conducted in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Greece, researchers have compared heavy long-term cannabis users with non-users and found no evidence of intellectual or neurological damage, no changes in personality, and no loss of the will to work or participate in society.

The Jamaican study states that, even as cannabis use in Jamaica "is pervasive" and is used "in heavier quantities with greater THC potency than in the U.S.," its use is "without deleterious social or psychological consequences." [12]

What's more, the three studies cited, the largest human cannabis studies to date, also revealed that heavy long-term cannabis users scored slightly higher on IQ tests, had slightly lower rates of illness and cancer, and lived longer on average than non-users. Users also proved to be more relaxed and sociable than non-users [4][12][13]. The best evidence indicates, contrary to GovtMedia disinformation, that cannabis is safe and good for you.

Last edited by dekay; 04-07-08 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks

What's more, the three studies cited, the largest human cannabis studies to date, also revealed that heavy long-term cannabis users scored slightly higher on IQ tests, had slightly lower rates of illness and cancer, and lived longer on average than non-users. Users also proved to be more relaxed and sociable than non-users [4][12][13]. The best evidence indicates, contrary to GovtMedia disinformation, that cannabis is safe and good for you.

Haha stick that in print Daily Mail!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ViK View Post
    I really think this is a great idea Dekay... lets gether up all the research documents about cannabis we can find and put them in one place (here ). It'd make arguments with people on the subject much easier if we can just run off well referenced scientiific studies at the flick of a switch.

You know a lot of news sites allows comments? We could have a persistant barrage of referenced, accurate documents and just demolish all the trashy shock journalist bullshit. Really piss on their party

What we need are... studies on cannabis... then find some trashy reporting... which newspapers are big on reefer madness?
    daily mail

I've just posted some scientific facts on there hahaaaa

In an oppressive society (towards toking)
    Thanks

Hey guys this is a wicked thread. I totally support this positive search for counter arguments, all I stress is that as a community we need to make sure that we are better than the ranting raving daily mail reading mothers who attack cannabis in a tabloid manner.

What I mean by this, is all evidence found must be supported, and official, so basically the more evidence we can post with links to official sources the better. Let's be better than them, and accept where we are wrong and where we are right in a coherent and respectable manner. I am willing to admit that there are still risks involved but NOT to the extent that is plastered through our press, our families and the people in power who themselves have absolutely NO experience in the field of marijuana.

WE have a great advantage to start with, we ARE experienced in the field as we all smoke it! That instantly makes us more credible in this field. A man who has worked in insurance for 10 years would be more credible in explaining or analysing the patterns and ups and downs of insurance, than for instance a paranoid unexperienced biased daily mail mother who thinks they know best in a field they have abosolutely no experience in apart from what they are fed in tabloids and propoganda.

So COME ON, these scientific study posts are BRILLIANT, keep them coming and above all keep the credibility and accuracy. Don't post here say that isn't backed up by sources. We are better than that and soon the world will realise credible source over paranoia and propoganda and then we will have a voice.

(Although something tells me we will never change the minds of the daily mail mothers who are stuck and stubborn in their ways based on their upbringing. I pity them in a way).

LOVE tokers xx

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast