Thread: Coffeeshop Grey Area

Thanks

Default Coffeeshop Grey Area

Subscribe to this Listing Add to favorites  Written by ScouseSkunkSmoker      20-02-11, 07:43 PM     Views 11481 
    Editor rating
    3.80 Average user rating
    2.03 (3)

Coffee Shop Info

Coffee shop name: Grey Area

Contact

Phone: +31204204301
    Opening times: 11am-8pm

Address: Oude Leliestraat 2
    City: Amsterdam
    Postcode: Unknown

This is an excellent coffeshop which has by far the most helpful budtenders I've cam across in the DAM, no matter how busy(and it does get VERY busy) they'll always stop and take time to explain or guide you through a purchase, IF by some miracle you manage to get a seat inside the atmosphere is excellent, because of its size you can see people coming and going, hear what they say and hwo they make they're choices, a real coffeeshop vibe imho that keeps locals and tourists like me coming back again and again.
    The quality of the weed and hash here has always been excellent, the casey jones I smoked there earlier in the week was a lovely bud, probably the standout bud of the trip, maybe alongside greenplace's purple kush.

“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”

2. User reviews User reviews

Average user rating from: 3 user(s)
    Overall ratings  
    2.03/5
    Rate the Smoke
    2.0/5
    Rate the Service
    2.5/5
    Rate the Ambiance
    2.5/5
    Rate the Value
    2.0/5
    Overall Rating
    2.0/5
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScouseSkunkSmoker For This Useful Post:

-Smokey- (29-08-12)

Thanks

Default My experience of the grey area

Coffee shop review

Good points: Personally on my visit, not much
    Bad points: The owner gives u dodgy looks and seems like he's a wanker, 3-4 seats max
    Would you recommend ?: No

Well, this was my first port of call as I've heard many good reviews, now as soon as I entered the owner I presume was sitting by the counter looking at me like WTF u doin here! Maybe he was having a bad day, I bought a gram of yellow cab and a gram of train wreck both were poorly cured and not very strong.
    i returned the next day after going to Bushdoctors which I highly recommend especially the one on the little square, I bought a gram of go kush and 2 gram of jack herer, 12 for the g of kush and only €16 for 2 g's of herer!
    i returned to meet a guy I met on my last trip to grey area, when I got there he'd purchased some og kush from grey area so we compared, he was highly disappointed in his, it was slightly damp and def not cured, the kush from Bushdoctors was the best weed I smoked while in the Dam. Dampkring is my fav, and their sativas are sublime.
    my advice is stick away from the tourist places like grey area, Barneys, bulldog etc. in fact before u go anywhere find the cannabis college and ask them wh has the best about when your there, don't forget to leave a donation too and visit their Growroom below, u can also use their vaporisers with your own weed if u want.
    Overall ratings  
    2.20/5
    Rate the Smoke
    2.0/5
    Rate the Service
    2.5/5
    Rate the Ambiance
    2.5/5
    Rate the Value
    2.0/5
    Overall Rating
    2.0/5
    Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes No
    by BaSHteaHcee
    06-11-12, 07:25 PM
    Find all reviews by BaSHteaHcee
    Comments(0)

Thanks

Default Grey Area

Coffee shop review

Good points: Some of the finest weed money can buy.
    Bad points: Becoming expensive, too small to sit in.
    Would you recommend ?: Yes

Over the years I would say Grey Area have been most consistent in their supply of weed. It is owned by 2 American guys who had a dream of opening a coffeeshop in Amsterdam. All of these years later they are 1 of the best, most recognised coffeeshops in town. The owners are friendly people and are always willing to answer questions even though the Queue may be out of the door. This is a must go for all stoners, only bad thing is the price is getting a little high but the weed is usually way above most other coffeeshops.
    Overall ratings  
    3.90/5
    Rate the Smoke
    5.0/5
    Rate the Service
    4.5/5
    Rate the Ambiance
    2.5/5
    Rate the Value
    3.5/5
    Overall Rating
    4.0/5
    Was this review helpful to you?
    Yes No
    by AmnesiaLiberty1
    30-12-12, 12:57 PM
    Find all reviews by AmnesiaLiberty1
    Comments(0)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmnesiaLiberty1 For This Useful Post:

dynodave (27-08-13)

Thanks

Default A great selection of quality weed all the time

Coffee shop review

Good points: The menu and quality has never let me down
    Bad points: Toilet
    Would you recommend ?: Yes

I love this place. it always has quality strains and has never let me down. if I re-call then the toilet or the toilet door was not to my liking - I believe the door was made from glass or some other weird thing about them :-)
    in regards to the wuality of the weed then its great and the prices are good -
    Overall ratings  
    3.70/5
    Rate the Smoke
    4.0/5
    Rate the Service
    4.0/5
    Rate the Ambiance
    3.0/5
    Rate the Value
    3.5/5
    Overall Rating
    4.0/5