Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: national grid meter bypass thingy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,915 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sativa Steve View Post
    LOL £50 is a good price, however, if the electricity company trace you... your door will be getting kicked in by armed police. Good luck with it bad idea mate, that's how they trace these "commercial growers"
    Made me chuckle lol, who do u know that's been caught nicking electric just because they knicked lecky? people get caught for stupid things like no carbon filter etc and then get napped with there meter rigged! Along as u carry on putting money on ur key/token or carry on paying your normal bill they have no idea how much lecky ur using unless they come to read ur meter but obviously u don't answer the door. Armed police for twisted meter? Lmao!
    But anyway it's a silly idea tbh cause if u or whoever is doing it doesn't do it perfectly then chances are ur meter will catch fire and burn ur house down(I've seen it happen the guys landlord went fucking sick on his ass).
    If you grow/use medical marijuana you are a criminal , to be classed as a patient you need to buy drugs from the goverment. Cannamancan.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

Quote Originally Posted by cannamancan View Post
    Made me chuckle lol, who do u know that's been caught growing just because they knicked lecky?
    fixed?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbox View Post
    Are you joking? You have a meter, the electricity company has a meter. They know how much electricity you're consuming and if your meter readings don't match up(i.e, bypassing the meter) then they'll have your door kicked in. Simple as that That's why you hear of so many people getting done for it.
    where did you get that gem from? there's no individual meters it done by area they cant track down a house unless they read all the meters around it to find the one using the excess that their area meter shows is not paid for and that takes a fair while to come up to the surface because of the size of the system
    i just lived in a house where the tenant by passed the meter for three years (fact i did it for him) he moved in the end ( got away with it ) but it was hard not letting any one in they wanted to change the meter for 2 years
    i wouldnt do it for my own house though a bit point less and easy to get caught when they want to change meter or sth and even more of a bad idea if you growing

To do it the way you say there would have to be a meter out side you house that only the company had access to (more and more houses are getting these with no indoor meter now) otherwise its not poss
    my old man used to work for s,e,b that how i know how it is here in the south

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Like you say, they have meters for each individual substation, and from there it's a matter of simple deduction.

"They answered the door and weren't using excess amounts. They answered the door and weren't using excess amounts. This person won't answer the door, send him a letter. Doesn't phone back within 14 days? Get the police round."

I don't know about down south, but I know people who work for Scottish Power and that's exactly how it's done. And there are teams dedicated to hunting down those who do this. It's complete stupidity to think that with just the addition of a wire or a magnet your power bills will disappear. Because you'll spend more time and money trying to avoid them and the police if you do so

And this will all change in the next few years as they introduce the new smart meters.. Then we'll all need to watch our arses big time - stealing leccy or not..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (09-04-11), relto (12-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

well they just kept sending shity leters saying they would get a court order for entry but never did i was amazed he did it for three years and it was a prepay meter! you would of thought the company would be more on top of it wouldnt you ?

i agree its bloody stupid to steal it why add to the reasons you can get caught ? it wasnt my house i was in so didnt care

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

Eggbox (09-04-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    well they just kept sending shity leters saying they would get a court order for entry but never did i was amazed he did it for three years and it was a prepay meter! you would of thought the company would be more on top of it wouldnt you ?

i agree its bloody stupid to steal it why add to the reasons you can get caught ? it wasnt my house i was in so didnt care
    yer as above i know someone that has been stealing eleccy for over 2 years..not caught...and the meter is outside..been read at least 3 times..but like u say why risk it for a 600 watt light..(cost about 7 quid to run 12/12) cant get 8 cans a lager for 7 quid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cannamancan View Post
    Made me chuckle lol, who do u know that's been caught nicking electric just because they knicked lecky? people get caught for stupid things like no carbon filter etc and then get napped with there meter rigged! Along as u carry on putting money on ur key/token or carry on paying your normal bill they have no idea how much lecky ur using unless they come to read ur meter but obviously u don't answer the door. Armed police for twisted meter? Lmao!
    But anyway it's a silly idea tbh cause if u or whoever is doing it doesn't do it perfectly then chances are ur meter will catch fire and burn ur house down(I've seen it happen the guys landlord went fucking sick on his ass).
    Just fyi, they have fraud detection on the pay as you go electricity meters, token ones etc so continuing to top up if you stole electricity as well wouldn't be very good idea as it would notify them when you top up of the free electricity you've been getting lol. And they do know how much you use on these as I get yearly usage figures through the post. Also some further bad news, they will most likely soon know how much your using even if using a normal tariff as they are rolling out smart ones which automatically provide them with this info, scary shit. That being said tho I've grown a few times on my token meter with my electric doubling one year (just from using a 400w, single flat) and had no problems..

6 am shit.. bedtime

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4