Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Cannabias Flashcard - Research

Thanks

The cannabis causes brain damage is not a valid scientific fact so that can not go on the list.

The scientist that done that experiment made monkeys smoke a SHIT LOAD of cannabis all at once without any normal air, The monkey had a breathe mask on and was being fed the smoke for minutes of end.

If you starve anyone of oxygen for minutes on end and they survive of course its going to cause brain damage.

I see what your doing with this thread and I am in support of you, but that should not be included on the list.

As for another against cannabis argument: Having another legal drug is bad for society

I'm awful at these because the ones I always hear sound absolute rubbish to me so I never remember them i.e:

Cannabis lowers your sperm count (it mildly raises it dumb ass)
    Cannabis makes you stupid (no cannabis makes you feel generally happier, you could take an IQ test and probably score higher on cannabis)
    Cannabis causes cancer (no it doesn't infact it helps fight cancer in more then one way)

etc etc.

All the current system does is put innocent growers for personal use in jail, gives money to the criminals, and leaves all the taxpayers worse off whether they smoke it or not due to prison population and having to pay the police to look for the cannabis "fiends"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (08-04-11)

Thanks

NAO: I'm not disagreeing that the legalization of cannabis would go a long way towards solving some of our societies current issues, but I'd still disagree that it should be the number one priority. I'd personally class the introduction of a fair and democratic proportionally represetative voting system, the legalization of prostitution, re-evaluation of funding (ie decreasing the military budget and transferring that money into education and the NHS) as equally, if not more important. Although to be fair, the legalization of cannabis would have the greatest benefit for me on an individual level. I also agree that political priorities are screwed up at present. Still, I do think that a shift towards a less militaristic and interfering outlook on foreign affairs would have to take precedence over changing drugs legislation. I'm also pretty sure that child exploitation and the arms trade fund themselves pretty well. If gangs were having to use money made from selling drugs to perform these activities then they wouldn't be profitable, and as such wouldn't occur.
    Sorry to play devils advocate here. I do fully support legalization in every sense possible, but I still don't see it as the number one priority.

I've got another downside for cannabis as well. It mildly raises your sperm count :P

EDIT: *Prepares for the textual beating*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to new_neo For This Useful Post:

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by new_neo View Post
    NAO: I'm not disagreeing that the legalization of cannabis would go a long way towards solving some of our societies current issues, but I'd still disagree that it should be the number one priority. I'd personally class the introduction of a fair and democratic proportionally represetative voting system, the legalization of prostitution, re-evaluation of funding (ie decreasing the military budget and transferring that money into education and the NHS) as equally, if not more important. Although to be fair, the legalization of cannabis would have the greatest benefit for me on an individual level. I also agree that political priorities are screwed up at present. Still, I do think that a shift towards a less militaristic and interfering outlook on foreign affairs would have to take precedence over changing drugs legislation. I'm also pretty sure that child exploitation and the arms trade fund themselves pretty well. If gangs were having to use money made from selling drugs to perform these activities then they wouldn't be profitable, and as such wouldn't occur.
    Sorry to play devils advocate here. I do fully support legalization in every sense possible, but I still don't see it as the number one priority.

I've got another downside for cannabis as well. It mildly raises your sperm count :P

Very worthy sentiments, but the legalisation of cannabis is achievable most of your other points will not be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

Dirk Gently Guest

Right then.

I have 10 of the top general reasons why people think Cannabis should be illegal:

1. Children (to protect them)
    2. Causes poor mental health (Schizophrenia, "Psychosis", Paranoia, forgetfulness, Alzheimer's etc)
    3. Causes poor physical health (Heart disease, Cancer, Brain damage etc)
    4. Gateway drug (self explanatory)
    5. Sending the wrong message (People/Children will think all drugs are OK to use)
    6. Super Skunk (Not the same as the weed we smoked in the 60's or whenever)
    7. Funds crime and/or terrorism (self explanatory)
    8. There are more important things to worry about (War, Famine, Pestilence, The Economy and Death - Horsemen of the Neo-Apocalypse)
    9. Accidents/Deaths resulting directly or indirectly from Cannabis use. (Suicide, overdose, being stupid, drug driving, falling etc)
    10. Is addictive (self explanatory)

I've started looking at the arguments against, but have to consider the two main options on the table besides the way things are: Legalisation and Decriminalisation (not to be used for profit)

I will be including a glossary of interesting terms.

Nearly there, been a bit off lately sorry guys.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Gently For This Useful Post:

New Age Outlaw (08-04-11), new_neo (06-04-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by new_neo View Post

hehe, thanks mate, I fully appreciate what you say, don't worry, I'm not going to try and rail-road you into any opinion, I fully respect all you have to say, I also agree with what you, that we have some burning issues that need sorting indeed. The point I was making is that you don't have priorities in politics, there's no hierarchy of gravitas. It's all policy that needs equally addressing. There are thousands upon thousands employed in the commons, the lords, home office, civil servants. They all have their own departments, they all know what they're doing. I'm not randomly patronising you you understand, I'm just iterating that it is purely a delay tactic to say we have bigger priorities. It's a nonsense thing to say within the halls of power; politics has no priorities and never should; as soon as we reach that point, we arguably have subjective fascism.

With regards to human trafficking and child exploitation etc; this is unfortunately very real. The BBC programme that I was in - well, I got to hear and know about some tales that would make your heart break fully in two. They covered some of them in the films. These are not just stories to be objectively viewed and speculated on, these are real people who are embroiled in cannabis underground and a literal life-line of ending this law. Also, I tend to get around 200 emails daily from all walks of life, whether it is medicinal users, respected citizens that have had their lives wrecked through current law in some way, or people that are caught up in the rings that I have just previously spoke on. When faced with these real life happenings, you really do struggle to maintain that this is not a very important issue; once more, it is for politics to act upon any wrong.

Finally, don't forget Mexico, we're heading that way. 35 000 dead in four years, men, women, children, innocents. This is a direct result or prohibition. I wish to prevent more of this action. The UK is heading this way bit by bit, piece by piece.

As for the sperm count... are you flirting with me now Neo??!! lol All the best mate!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,776 Times

Nice work Dirk, this is going to be a valuable tool!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to New Age Outlaw For This Useful Post:

Dirk Gently Guest

It's been a while now. I have to hold my hands up and apologise for not finishing this yet. I'm not sure I ever will now. It's half done but my health has taken a massive dive over the past few weeks and I can't face doing it. I need to take more time out. I'll remove the link from my sig.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4