Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC/MMA Thread

Thanks

2 hrs before jones shogun fight, jones chased a mugger leg kicked him to the floor the leg locked him till police arrived lol, what a guy haha

I belive jones will be the next GSP but I don't think he's right happy about fighting rashad Evans next due to them being from the same gym

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Shit, how did i miss this one?!

Yep, loved UFC 128, not a bad card really. Dan Miller sure is working his way up.... not long til he gets a title shot i reckon!
    I like Faber, but he's very predictable on the ground, as Joe Rogan says, he never tries to pass the guard. His speed usually helps give him the win, but there's other quick fighters out there too with better skills. More ground work for him me thinks if he's going to get the title back.
    Jon 'Bones' Jones... wow, what a fighter.. love him! He's vicious, brutal and so talented! I can't wait for him to rip Rashad's face off!

Roll on Saturday!

Thanks

On a slightly different note, I miss watching Remy Bonjasky fight. Probably my all time favourate fighter, absoloute legend. Especially the way he took Akebono down.[/QUOTE]

I might be barking up the wrong tree here lol but, would that be 'sumo legend' Akebono. As you may of worked out not watched much UFC since Chuck Liddell cos if it's the same guy, well I would have to watch him.(He was fast, stocky and compact not just huge)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladygarden View Post
    On a slightly different note, I miss watching Remy Bonjasky fight. Probably my all time favourate fighter, absoloute legend. Especially the way he took Akebono down.
    I might be barking up the wrong tree here lol but, would that be 'sumo legend' Akebono. As you may of worked out not watched much UFC since Chuck Liddell cos if it's the same guy, well I would have to watch him.(He was fast, stocky and compact not just huge)[/QUOTE]

One and the same.

So you used to watch it on Bravo? It went onto Spike/ESPN shortly after Chuck's reign... Thank god for downloads else it would cost me a small fortune in subscriptions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

ladygarden (22-03-11)

Thanks

Grub thanks for that good news. Will now have to download all Akebono's fights. God he was an awesome sight in the sumo world, though any sumo fan would know this.
    I do hope he's doing alright in UFC, still quite shocked it's the same bloke. I'm well chuffed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladygarden For This Useful Post:

Grub (22-03-11)

Thanks

Grub thanks for that good news. Will now have to download all Akebono's fights. God he was an awesome sight in the sumo world, though any sumo fan would know this.
    I do hope he's doing alright in UFC, still quite shocked it's the same bloke. I'm well chuffed
    Akebono, after leaving the world of Sumo joined the K1 organisation (Japanese Kickboxing) but didn't do great.
    Nowadays he's basically a Sumo trainer and rarely competes.

Here's one of his fights in K1....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Big Bens Buds (07-12-12), ladygarden (22-03-11)

Thanks

Akebono should stick to sumo, K1's loss is sumo's gain. Did think sumo to UFC might be a bit of a stretch. Hat's off to Remy that was a quality KO!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladygarden For This Useful Post:

Denzil (23-03-11), Grub (22-03-11)

Thanks

The Iceman is my Hero (after my dad hahaha) im glad hes stuck around to do good things just a shame hes not fighting anymore...

BUT what you all think to Sliva Vs GSP, providing GSP can go through Jake Shields ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Plant View Post
    The Iceman is my Hero (after my dad hahaha) im glad hes stuck around to do good things just a shame hes not fighting anymore...

BUT what you all think to Sliva Vs GSP, providing GSP can go through Jake Shields ?
    Silva vs GSP... That is the fight everyone is waiting for! Has to be GSP though, he's a far superior wrestler to Chael Sonnen, yet Chael was 30 seconds away from taking Silva's belt before getting caught in a triangle. Standing up, well who knows... Anderson has wicked Muay Thai.
    It is for sure the fight of the year - to be!

It is a shame about Chuck, unfortunately he developed a glass chin the older he got.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Akebono should stick to sumo, K1's loss is sumo's gain. Did think sumo to UFC might be a bit of a stretch. Hat's off to Remy that was a quality KO!
    I agree. That guy is deadly with his legs. He almost ended Petar Majstorovic' career with his deadly legs, he was never the same after that fight.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast