Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC/MMA Thread

Thanks

yeah i agree GSP will do silva over, i dont think it will be a TKO i think it would be a 5 round war

Thanks

I love UFC, here's my betting slip from 128 - just wish I had put more money on!!!
    I also had a single on Bones KO/TKO in Round 3 which again I wish I put more money on!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UFC.128..jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	43514

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

How much did you win total?

Thanks

That accumulator got me about £10 (all favs, crap odds), the Bones Rd 3 KO/TKO I got £9 (9/1) and I had another 6 fight accumulator that got me about £8 (same as the pic minus barboza fight cos I was too late).
    So all in just over £25 + my stakes back - that's what you get when you only bet £1 haha!

I should have grown a set and put more money on and had faith in my judgements lol!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DoobyDude For This Useful Post:

Sativa Steve (25-03-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,934 Times

Bit of a shame that, if only you'd stuck on a tenner a time instead ay!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sativa Steve For This Useful Post:

DoobyDude (25-03-11)

Thanks

Yeah tell me about it, it was one of them where you don't expect it to come in even though you think it will - MMA is so unpredictable.

There is always UFC129 this weekend

Thanks

Oddly enough, I've never watched a full MMA fight, yet I personally know a couple of guys who are current fighters. I far prefer boxing.....much less cuddling.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimmy View Post
    Oddly enough, I've never watched a full MMA fight, yet I personally know a couple of guys who are current fighters. I far prefer boxing.....much less cuddling.
    MMA has taken over boxing in popularity, ratings and overall appeal worldwide.
    It is a completely different sport and shouldn't be compared really. One is where two pugilists stand and punch each other until one is unable to compete anymore, the other is two blokes trying to smash the crap out of each other in any way possible, kicks, knees, elbows, submissions....

It depends what floats your boat really. I used to love boxing up until around 1985 when UFC/MMA came on the scene. I now find boxing a tad boring in comparison.

Thanks

I wasn't comparing the two, just stating which I prefer, and why. My mate had a single UFC fight, which he lost, and hasn't been given another shot since. Boxing just seems to be far more about talent and skill, than getting stuck in and hurting someone as much as you can.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimmy View Post
    I wasn't comparing the two, just stating which I prefer, and why. My mate had a single UFC fight, which he lost, and hasn't been given another shot since. Boxing just seems to be far more about talent and skill, than getting stuck in and hurting someone as much as you can.
    To do well in MMA you need to be very skilled in Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Wresting, Kickboxing and of course regular Boxing. Whereas to become an accomplished boxer you simply need to learn how to box.
    Several famous boxers have stepped in the Octagon to face a cage fighter, including the 3-times world boxing champion James Toney. - All have failed miserably! (Toney didn't even make it past the 1st round).

As you say the two are very different sports. The only real similarity is the one-on-one fight formula.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast