Thread: RED LAVA ROCK. seems to work well but could it be better?

Thanks

Default RED LAVA ROCK. seems to work well but could it be better?

I am a fairly new hydro "gardener" but i have decent understanding of the plant process and chem due to my work and organics. I have bin growing hydro for four weeks using red lava rock that i have crushed down to pee and marble size. Seems to be working great, ive had minimal complications due more to inexperiance than anything but i am concerned the lava rock is not ideal. If anyone has experiance in this matter or advice please respond.

ty

Thanks

hi,
    if you are crushing your lava rock (clay pebbles)
    this would no doubt give each smaller fragment a sharp edge which will slice roots whenever you move the pots,
    the smaller particles of clay pebbles would mean less air space and greater water retention than whole round(ish) ones
    highly oxygenate your nute solutuion and be sure you have plenty of airflow - extract and circulation