Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaliman Seeds

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Cheers Double Zero and looky what I just found!

http://www.rexresearch.com/hhusb/hh4bot.htm#HH49

It's Hemp Husbandry by Robert A Nelson 2000 and in it's section on sexual expression: 4.9 ~ Sexual Expression

The sexual expression of cannabis is determined by its genetic makeup, and by its metabolic temper, which is regulated by the male enzyme andrase and the female enzyme gynase. Environmental conditions (light, nutrients, soil and water) may suppress the formation of the dominant enzyme, and allow the opposite sex to express itself partially (hermaphroditism) or completely (sex reversal). (71, 72)

There ya go, the first independent confirmation of the fact of total sexual reversal in cannabis.

That's made my month that has and now I want to learn more about the actual mechanism at the genetic level.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Jesse_tpfi (19-04-12), teutonic (14-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

What are s1's? I understand what an F1 in breeding terms is but never heard S1.

strewth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    What are s1's? I understand what an F1 in breeding terms is but never heard S1.
    It's for when you make feminized seeds mate

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

Denzil (14-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

I believe the effects of ethylene and other chemicals can affect the sex dominance in a monoecious plant that carries both sets of genetics.
    The same treatment to a dioecious plant will show as an hermaphrodite.the pollen from a cannabis ´´hermie´´ only carries female xx pollen.
    What you ´´experienced´´ was a genetic mutation.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

Hi wert,

ethylene can effect sexual expression in dioecious cannabis too. I thought this was a mutation myself but what I've read does not so far support this and in fact it looks like I might have had yy males occur?

I'm nose down at the moment in some rather technical abstracts about sexual expression and when I've learnt more I'll post up the info but the fact of the matter is I had true males and this is supported by what I'm reading.

Just nosing through Advances in Hemp Research I'm told there are 6 intersexual forms in cannabis plants with some in a monecious/diecious mix and which I would put down to the 2 types interbreeding at some point in the past as they are inter fertile and have not speciated.

wert, maybe you can help me, I know little to nothing about hermaphrodism but know that late season nana's produce S1's but does true hermie pollen produce fems albeit with hermies too or do they produce a regular population with hermies?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

So will Rockster be selling femmed seeds of his cheese then? If so I might wait a bit instead of getting the reg ones.
    Last edited by Denzil; 14-11-11 at 05:36 PM.

Thanks

i have been experimenting with fem seeds for over a decade and have not managed to produce a true hermie,something that carries both xx and xy genetics.
    i believe hermaphrodites in cannabis are not true hermaphrodites .i believe it is a survival trait .
    monoecious plants that carry both sets of sex parts are in effect hermaphrodites by treating them chemically they can be induced to express one sex or the other.
    Last edited by wert; 14-11-11 at 05:43 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

><{{{*>MiK<*}}}>< (01-05-12), B.A.BARACUS (31-08-12), Rockster (14-11-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    So will Rockster be selling femmed seeds of his cheese then? If so I might wait a bit instead of getting the reg ones.
    Hi flygerian88,

I'll be selling the fems for sure but not for some time yet but if ya like when the first ones are produced I can give you some for testing.

@wert. So does seed produced with full hermies give rise to fems or regular seed mate?

Thanks

only fem seeds with a greater or lesser tendency to hermie depending on how easily the pollen producing female was induced to trigger the survival trait.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

Rockster (14-11-11)

Thanks

Thankyou wert, that is exactly what I wanted to know and had suspected it being so.

Much apreesh

Rockster

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast