Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PH problems that won't stop

Thanks

Now for the extended yick yack I was carrying on with before I got timed out before

I also have a soil grow in another room. The aeroponic plants are hubby's (in theory LOL)
    In there I have 2 clones that I brought home 6 days ago. One is a Trainwreck and she's about 11" tall. The other is an unknown strain of Kush, Ican't remember what the guy said other then kush ::blushes:: she is about 13" tall.
    I also have 3 seedlings of unknown origin from seeds I saved. I only bothered to save those cause they came from weed I particularly liked. They are definitely 3 different kinds though LOL
    These little guys are amazing, they grow so fast you could almost watch them! They were transplanted only 4 days after sprouting because they were hitting the dome top (need bigger dome). They struggled for life for a little while. It's been about 2 weeks since they hit soil and they are up to about 3" tall.
    They are now sprouting their 4th set of leaves

So far I have not sprayed anything on any of them. The clones seem to be doing fine so I figured why fix something that's not broken....right? And the babies, well I just plain scared that if I spray them, the force of the water would topple them LOL

The clones came in a peat moss mix. They were transplanted to a larger container and soil was added to fill it up. The soil I got was miracle grow - I know, bad plan. Learned to late but so far everything is going ok.
    I got a feeling I should be putting the clones in a 3 gal. container, they are in a 1 gal. right now. What do you think?

Thanks

Im not the person you would want to talk about this but i just wanna say that youve a great choice of strains there and hopefully u will get the fluctuating sorted out :P

Happy Growin'
    Happy Growin'

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Maybe next time wash the pellets before placing them in system..
    Also water temps keep cool..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

Thanks

Thanks wolfy, I think adding more nutes helped. The hydro plants are looking a LOT better, we'll see how the PH fluctuation goes now

Happy....Yea, I found out way to late that the hydroton pellets raise PH when not pre soaked. Another lesson learned the hard way LOL. It's like I read for weeks and still manage to screw it all up. Did I mention I was blonde?

Thanks

Oh hey, another question..... Should I mix the foliage spray per the directions or should I reduce to 1/2 str. or lower?
    I got Dutch Master Grow 1L Croissance o.1-0.1-0.3

Thanks

Oops, I see I had another blond moment

Ok the foliage stuff I got is; Dutch Master Folitech
    Other info listed on bottle; Grow 1L Croissance 0.1-0.1-0.3

Thanks

I decided to mix the foliage spray at 1/2 str. Less is better sometimes. According to the directions I can't spray them until tomorrow morning :sigh:
    I'll keep the post updated as I go, both with the foliage spray thing and the PH thing in the aeroponics.
    I do have a really good feeling about that PH issue now. I believe it was lack of nutes, coupled of course with the dang hydroton clay that wasn't pre-soaked.
    We upped the nutes to 1/4 str. from 1/8 str. and plan to up it to 1/2 str. in 5-6 days once they have adjusted to the added nutes. I can already see the PH is not raising nearly as rapidly as before so hopefully once we get them up to 1/2 str. the PH issue will balance out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tammy1126 For This Useful Post:

Wolfy (06-04-11)

Thanks

Hopefully sez u ha

Ah its all trial and error if you ask me unless you absolutly no wat ur up te.

They Hydro seems so easy but there is also alot you have to have rite compared to soil,

Goodluck wit the grow any more pics ?

Thanks

Update: Slowly brought nutes up to 3/8th str. Not quite at 1/2 str yet but slowly getting there LOL The PH balanced out nicely, it has stayed put for almost 2 days now.
    When nutes were upped to 1/4 str. from 1/8th str. the plants were a little pale but otherwise over all healthy and of course much happier then they were at 1/8th str. The PH however was still running crazy in the res. Now that we upped the nutes to the 3/8th str. the PH issue is solved and steady at 5.8.
    Now the problem is; 2 of the plants show definitive larger brown spots at the jagged edges of the leafs. It does not seem to be spreading up the leaf...yet.. but they are on a couple old growth top leaves on both plants.
    When I look through the massive amounts of picture examples out there of all the problems weed has, the closest thing to what I am seeing is a calcium deficiency. The problem I have with that theory is this showed up AFTER taking the nutes from 1/4 str. up to 3/8th str. so how can they be deficient when more nutes were added?
    Or could it just be them acclimating to the new nutes?
    Also, one of the Lavender plants just simply had a failure to thrive. All of the other 5 plants had anywhere from 5-50 nice long fish bone looking roots coming out the basket but this little shit had nothing. Took him out of the hydroton to look at the plug it sat in, it barely had any roots coming out of the plug! Weird thing is, it had a good amount of roots when we got it, it seems to have actually lost roots. So we took that one out of the hydro and slapped him in dirt. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks

WOW, 1st of all.. what an Avatar! I dream of such a COOL gurl to help me!:-)
    been in aero rails 1 yr. 3 rooms. @$10k setup. am serious guy.
    Hytron pellets are very stable & I use them UP! once the roots are showing well I break up & wash off the plug crap! I put in cup & shake teh pellets in around the rootlets.
    keep em wet teh 1st week, they will jet down & out so fast.
    Ph tends to rise in the Areosystems. I Ph mine each am & After getting home. I shoot for a ph of 5.8 . depending on a long day I run it down to 5.4 in the Am. you are right on teh edge of Nitrogen lock out there. but it will not be low for long!
    NOTE: if doing Sativas, 1/2 way in to Flowering they like LOWER nutes. you can tell when the Ph just goes down & down! 2x water or 1/2 nutes till PH is stable.
    Early on its most likely you are starving them , causes much the same issues & looks of over nuteing them. you know when the nutes are just right ... the PH stays stable for a few days.
    GET THE PEN!!! you CANNOT guess & the pen is teh MUST have item!! need oscilating fan on them from early on. stems will get like tree trunks.
    need to do RO water... MUST have, as local water can have a ppm of 300-500 out of the tap.
    I only mist early on, never with nutes, once the roots are established that is asking for trouble, I do spray ho2 on the walls & floor to raise Humidity teh 1st week or so. I bet you need to add some CalMag every so often, specially if they get a purple look !
    get a good temp & Humidity device with min/max button.
    I could go on....
    Luck,
    Slag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2