Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockster's Cheese

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Default Rockster's Cheese

Rockster's Cheese is the culmination of a 2 year cubing project in which the 1989 UK Exodus clone was crossed with a Sensi Seeds 2008 Skunk#1 male and subsequently 3 times back crossed to the Exodus or 'cubed' to make a deliciously tasting high yielding cheese strain that has 1 in 4 pheno's with a very strong cheese taste accompanied by the citrus component of the Skunk#1 side of things and the other pheno's have varieties of flavour inbetween with some pheno's actually having a stronger cheese taste than the original with deep hashy undertones that makes it my personal favourite of all our strains.

Type:indica/sativa hybrid
    Flowering: 8-11 weeks
    Yield: 600 gsm
    Feed: light to medium feeder
    characteristics: very strong cheese taste with a marked citrus component.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (07-02-15), Fieldy (01-02-14), Grub (16-05-13), Hedrush (04-03-13), PlantMatter (04-08-13), spoonofinsanity (22-11-12), The budda (01-11-14), _Whisperer (18-03-13)

strewth Guest

Looks nice mate, reckon i like your flag ship one more though lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Nice, looks really nice.

I'd settle for that in 11 weeks.

Nice Rockster, crackin' job.

DZ
    Just remember, there is a big difference between kneeling down, & bending over.... Frank Zappa
    The Fringe scrogs 3 Pyramids

Auto big devil grow

Mnt Cook & watering spike scrog

Fringes cellar project

The Fringe does Bubblicious

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Which is the strongest version out of these, not concerned on yield.

Hillbilly Guest

If it taste like blue cheese, I don't want any.. LOL How many pheno's are you getting as to growth, leaf? as it's Bx3 I would think there getting pretty close looking all a like? Have you had a Lab test the THC, CBD yet?

Notorious WD Guest

Not a cheese fan but would defo liek to try these beans, these are as close to the exodus original as your most likely to get from a seed being as its skunk no1 in the first place. Plus i would prefer my money to go to rockster and thc instead of those muppets GreenHouseSeeds...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

_Whisperer (18-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    Which is the strongest version out of these, not concerned on yield.
    Hi dekay,

Rockster's Cheese is the same in strength as my Cheese#1 but differs in taste, the #1 is identical to the clone original and Rockster's tastes of cheese with a marked citrus component.

@Hillbilly. no worries mate, it tastes nothing like Blue Cheese and which I have grown. Cheese#1 has 4 phenotypes as regards morphological appearance but the chemotype/resin profile is uniform throughout with just the mildest variations in taste but all are 100% Cheese.

Back crossing does not automatically confer uniformity, certainly not when working with 2 hybrids. Back crossing can reinforce traits within a truebreeding plant population though.

As regards laboratory testing I'm going to Prague in the Czech Republic in 2-3 weeks were my Cheese#1 and a sample of 1989 UK Exodus clone bud will be tested side by side using GLC or gas liquid chromatography in a professional lab.

It'll give me a full spectrum read out including the terpene profile.

@whitediesel. Cheese#1 is identical to the clone and Rockster's Cheese when tasted seems to make everyone think it's the clone but when I then let them sample the bud from the clone can discern a difference.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

dekay (07-04-11), Grub (16-05-13), spoonofinsanity (22-11-12), tre_93543 (22-11-12)

Notorious WD Guest

intruiging stuff matey, thanks for the time taken to wirte that post. all the best and good luck pal...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

Rockster (07-04-11)

Hillbilly Guest

@Hillbilly. no worries mate, it tastes nothing like Blue Cheese and which I have grown. Cheese#1 has 4 phenotypes as regards morphological appearance but the chemotype/resin profile is uniform throughout with just the mildest variations in taste but all are 100% Cheese.

Back crossing does not automatically confer uniformity, certainly not when working with 2 hybrids. Back crossing can reinforce traits within a truebreeding plant population though.

As regards laboratory testing I'm going to Prague in the Czech Republic in 2-3 weeks were my Cheese#1 and a sample of 1989 UK Exodus clone bud will be tested side by side using GLC or gas liquid chromatography in a professional lab.

It'll give me a full spectrum read out including the terpene profile.
    Sounds good Rockster!! No Back crossing doesn't mean they will automatically confer uniformity, certainly not when working with 2 hybrids, but as whitediesel pointed out and from what I have read, 1989 UK Exodus Cheeese was a skunk no1 pheno in the first place, should be a somewhat stable strain in growth, I would think unless your looking for a pheno that's hard to stabilize

My brother works in a Lab and worked with GLC, ( Not testing THC ) will be interesting to see the out come!! Your Cheese looks like they should do well on % of THC..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Rockster (30-06-12)

Thanks

hey Rockster, i am told that you are the one to talk to about uk cheese. would you be willing to look at my pics and give me some advice? i have many pics on my profile. the main prob i have had sofar is that my lights were to close and turning her hairs rasberry colored, but they are looking good now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01100.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	154121  

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tre_93543 For This Useful Post:

Rockster (22-11-12)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast