Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Side by side trainwreck grow

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Default Side by side trainwreck grow

I've just started a new grow with 2 differant trainwreck lines,both are IBLs ,the first is my own which is derived from the woodhouse/steve tucks version which was originally crossed to a afghani then backcrossed to the original arcata trainwreck many times until it was stable for the TW traits.The second are from spider which he produced from breeders choice trainwreck which was originally crossed to a white widow and backcrossed to the original arcata trainwreck until it was stable for TW traits,so i'm hopeing theres little variation between the 2 lines and if i find a nice resinious male and female i'm hopeing to blend the 2 lines into 1 and hopefully the offspring will be super potent like the original.

a pic of 4 seedlings from each line
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodhouse and br&#10.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	47001
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (18-06-11), blazefor20 (31-07-11), dekay (23-05-11), Goodbuddy (21-04-11), Jane Doe (11-08-11), paul_sheff (04-11-11)

Bobby Digital Guest

nice one mat, will be following this to see how ya get on. goodluck with the project

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

You know I love the wreck,still got a cut going so be real good if you get some seeds sorted from em mat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    You know I love the wreck,still got a cut going so be real good if you get some seeds sorted from em mat.

Thats the plan,i've got a few more on the go from each line so i should be able to find a good solid 3 or 4 males from each line so i can pollenate the opposite fems and visa versa and hopefully the offspring will be spot on,i just hope i've got rid of the slight hermi trait from the woodhouse line as 1 or 2 original fem plants did show 1-2 male flowers later in flowering but i didn't use those to make the last batch of seeds but it could come back in this and later gens.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Heres a pic of em so far after a week,the wreck on the left and trainwreck on the right,1 of em was a runt and slightly deformed so of with its head.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trainwreck & the .jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	48367

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

Hillbilly Guest

I will be watching this grow,, TW is one of my Favorites, other then the Hemi problems grrrr.. I got some Milf seeds TW xWW and I only kept one, a more Sativa looking and also showed female all the way, some of the others showed they could go hemi. I would think the F1's should be strong plants the F2's out of them you might see some traits you don't want. All the best in your grow and I really hope you stabilize the TW and get rid of the Hemi trait.. I know I have my own plains lol. I will be working with a Sativa male I was given that I think should be more like the TW in growth then WW or afghani so I hoping will be a bit easier to stabilize. Or maybe the F1 will be really good and I wont care to Stabilize. lol..

Thanks

I'll take a shed load of clones of each fem and keep the most suitable males as i've got a load more TW growing as well but ill use those in the pics for a side by side grow,i think i've got ride of the slight herminess trait that trainwreck can produce from the woodhouse line i've been working with and spider who gifted me breeder choice the wreck seeds has also worked on breeding out the hermi trait in that line(as well as breeders choice) so i'm hopeing they turn out great.Heres a update pic.....

As you can see they look very similar at the mo.

Name:	2 diff trainwreck vars.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	50308

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

Jane Doe (23-09-11)

strewth Guest

Good luck with this mate, think i got some breeders choice beans somewhere so will be interesting to see how they turn out

Hillbilly Guest

There looking good, I hope that you can get rid of the hemi trait, I had some WW x TW and they all hemmed or showed hemi traits..

Thanks

The slight hermi trait has just about been eliminated in the woodhouse line with only 1-2 male sacks on around 1 in 10 fems and these pop up in the later stages of bloom (8 to 9 weeks).I've not grown the wreck out yet but i know spider pick only the best fems without the visible hermi trait and so have breeders choice but it could rare its ugly head up further down the line so i'll have to be on the ball once i've crossed the 2 lines.

update

Name:	the wreck and trainwreck week 4.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	52586
    Last edited by marijuanamat; 23-05-11 at 10:25 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

dekay (25-05-11)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast