Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: dutch pro explode vs hammerhead

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

Default dutch pro explode vs hammerhead

easy all need help im using dutch pro explode guy in the grow shop said its what everyone is using but. i googled it and it seems its not that gud plus my leafs are going yellow at the top end and i've been giving them 1ml to every liter in a 20l bucket. someone said get hammerhed its gud stuff so that's why I'm in need ov advice from the ppl that now thanks all for any info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-15)

big rich Guest

hi popeye iv used hammerhead in my last 2 crops instead of canna pk.filled the buds out quite well.i used it in every other feed at half strength of 1ml per liter.gave them full strength 1st time & it was to strong leaves went yellow & took awhile 2 flush out.hope i could av helped u a bit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to big rich For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (17-07-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

mate dutch pro explode is a bloom stimulator not a p/k booster,

let me explain, a bloom stimulator helps transport the nutrients around the plant at faster rates and speeds up the process of the plant wanting more food, because your not giving the plant extra food the leaves are yellowing cause she is drawing from her reserves

you need to use that bloom stimulator alongside a p/k booster ill give you some examples

canna boost= bloom stim
    canna pk13/14

advanced nutrients bud candy = bloom stim
    hammer head = pk booster

vitalinkmax biopac = bloom stim
    vitalink buddy = pk booster

they need to be used in combination with each other and by the way dont get hammerhead its shit the ratios are whack get pk 13/14 it has higher ratio or use what i use which is superior potash

if you drop the dutch pro explode for hammerhead all you are doing is switching the problem, id stick with the dutch pro but get a decent pk booster to compliment it and maybe increase your feed in the meantime

hope this helps
    Last edited by seymour-buds; 17-06-11 at 11:59 PM.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

ado (22-02-14), CodFish (04-06-12), delta9 (07-01-18), Fluffy bud (17-07-11), GEORGE (24-07-15), Hedrush (01-03-13), jCarter (28-10-11), jericho (24-02-16), Murdock (08-05-12), Pablo (03-01-18), PhilZenMaster (28-11-11), prime (17-09-11), wrasta (08-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,414 Times

I always use hammerhead and love the stuff,I really can't fault it,and my plants seem to agree with me!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoot For This Useful Post:

Fluffy bud (17-07-11), GEORGE (24-07-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seymour-buds View Post
    mate dutch pro explode is a bloom stimulator not a p/k booster,

let me explain, a bloom stimulator helps transport the nutrients around the plant at faster rates and speeds up the process of the plant wanting more food, because your not giving the plant extra food the leaves are yellowing cause she is drawing from her reserves

you need to use that bloom stimulator alongside a p/k booster ill give you some examples

canna boost= bloom stim
    canna pk13/14

hammer head = pk booster

they need to be used in combination with each other and by the way dont get hammerhead its shit the ratios are whack get pk 13/14 it has higher ratio or use what i use which is superior potash

if you drop the dutch pro explode for hammerhead all you are doing is switching the problem, id stick with the dutch pro but get a decent pk booster to compliment it and maybe increase your feed in the meantime

hope this helps
    Sorry mate but im pretty sure that dutch pro explode acts as a bloom stim and a pk booster thats why you use it all the way throguh the flower just at different rates

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maxpower For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-15)

Thanks

no need to appologise mate as i checked up before i made the post

info taken from ducth pro website

Explodeis the pre-eminently bloom stimulator, to give the plant in full bloom all the nutrients it needs in this phase. This bloom stimulator, consisting of several micronutrients, vitamins and acids, gives the plant an explosive hardening of the tops. The plant will have more resistance against diseases by administering

a bloom stimulator will only work if you have enough n-p-k nutrients to keep up with the plants requirements

to explain in more detail a bloom stimulator is the equivalent of giving a person steroids, when a person takes steriods it keeps there receptors open for longer which enables them to put on mass, if the receptors are open but there is no extra carbohydrates then you cant build mass, ( if you chnage carbohydrates for n-p-k its the same principal with plants)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

delta9 (07-01-18), GEORGE (24-07-15), Pablo (03-01-18), PhilZenMaster (28-11-11)

Thanks

i tried to look deeper into why they proclaim it to do this and find the n-p-k ratio for dutch pros blooming formula but i couldnt find it, im guessing thier bloom formula might be higher in n-p-k ratio hence why the added dutch pro explode is given for support to transport the nutrients around the plants at a higher rate

hope this helps

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

delta9 (07-01-18), Fluffy bud (17-07-11), GEORGE (24-07-15), Pablo (03-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

Quote Originally Posted by seymour-buds View Post
    i tried to look deeper into why they proclaim it to do this and find the n-p-k ratio for dutch pros blooming formula but i couldnt find it, im guessing thier bloom formula might be higher in n-p-k ratio hence why the added dutch pro explode is given for support to transport the nutrients around the plants at a higher rate

hope this helps
    mate i red this again and now i understand where your coming from! my plants are feeding fast and a lot every 2 days and also leaves are yellowing so do you recomend i get pk to ad to it?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-15)

Thanks

seymour

Thanks for you post, very educational, im a first time grower mentord by a friend, he is insisting to use PK13/14 as ive been using Canna range of Nutes,
    I wanted to use canna boost, but i couldnt afford it, but the guy at the hydro shop managed to talk me into buying some Dutch PRO Explode. he told me that i dont need to buy PK13/14 as its part of the explode.. you seem like you know what you talking about, but have you used this yourself?.. if so i will be addiing PK13/14 to my next barrel, but as a firstime grower ive had problems with food/nutes like nuteburn from over feeding, so last thing i wanna do is ADD MORE nutes to my tank and raise the EC more, if i dont need it if you get me?..

Thanks... P.S maybe you could advise, my ec is now at around 1.7 and im in week 4 flowering, and its stable as the tank emptys, ive been told that if the plants are eating lots, the EC will lower, and if there not eating enough the EC will increase, so you saying that Explode should cause my plants to eat more?... i dropped some explode in and got yellow leaves... :L

Safe, Carter

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jCarter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-15), GreenEm (15-01-18)

Thanks

Wink

[QUOTE=seymour-buds;1068790710]mate dutch pro explode is a bloom stimulator not a p/k booster,

canna boost= bloom stim
    canna pk13/14

hammer head = pk booster

hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Hi thanx for this useful advice it's great, I to am using Dutch Pro A&B,dutch Pro Explode. so the thing I needs to no would a PK/13/14 by Plant Magic which is a bloom boost? as it's for Hydroponic use aswell ??? Much appreciated for the thing help.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparky30g For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-07-15), GreenEm (15-01-18), wrasta (08-05-12)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast