Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: plant issues

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,223 Times

Quote Originally Posted by astrofreak View Post
    1. neem oil solution
    2. a mix of water and washing soap......
    that is 2 separate solutions? hehe
    Same thing. Neem oil solution = 1 tsp neem oil in 1 litre of water with a drop of washing up liquid (you need to add the washing up liquid to allow the oil to mix with the water properly). I would water with this mix one a week until the problem is sorted. You need to be looking for "Cold Pressed" neem oil. I got mine on fleabay.

Neem oil is wonderful natural insecticide, but dont expect it to work overnight like some chemicals do.

Neem oil has many complex active ingredients. Rather than being simple poisons, those ingredients are similar to the hormones that insects produce. Insects take up the neem oil ingredients just like natural hormones.

Neem enters the system and blocks the real hormones from working properly. Insects "forget" to eat, to mate, or they stop laying eggs. Some forget that they can fly. If eggs are produced they don't hatch, or the larvae don't moult.

Obviously insects that are too confused to eat or breed will not survive. The population eventually plummets, and they disappear. The cycle is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by astrofreak View Post
    do plants get infestations even if they are in the house?
    Inside can be worse if left unchecked as the bugs have no natural predators inside. YOU are their only predator.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timothio For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (29-05-11)

Thanks

first off. thanks so much for the advice.
    I didn't mention that i live in china. neem oil seems to be hard to find if at all. i spoke to a guy who has grown for a long time here and says he couldn't get it unless he has it shipped.
    so thats out for now.
    what other choices do I have?

I clipped one badly infested leaf however, i dont think this is going to stop the issue.

i need to find a solution without chemicals. this would be best.

my buddy also said i should start over. but i don't want to.
    this being my very first time doing this I would like to see if i can make it through a first time and get my hands dirty with all the steps. sort of a crash course in how to do this.
    im learning so much.

ya know, even seeds are hard to find here. not much good smoke around. but tonight, how this happened i don't know. but i went to a buddies house for some smoke and got some hash, well a guy i know was there and traded some hash for smoke.

i haven't had a bowl in months. only hash.

thanks for any help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,223 Times

Shit, bit of a bastard that you cant get neem oil...

To be honest, I'd probably kinda leave them be then! Too small to go chopping off all the leaves. Try to squish any eggs if you can see any, and hope for the best (you can sometimes squish the larvae inside the leaf as well, you cant see them so its pot luck). Leaf miners rarely infest a plant totally so I reckon the new growth will be OK. Just keep an eye out for them in the future and get squishing the second you see the signs. Where are you growing - inside or out? And what soil are you using? Cheap soil or outside and that might be where they're coming from...

*edit* - shit, forgot to say, I was out checking my strawberries earlier, found one of them had leaf miners... Just 2 leaves on 1 plant. All the rest of the plants are ok, and the infected plant still has plenty of good growth and loads of strawbs!
    Last edited by timothio; 29-05-11 at 07:28 PM. Reason: I forget easily

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUDE ABIDES View Post
    Reckon timo is right, looks like leaf miner to me.
    All good things
    TDA
    i agree......get yourself a 420 scope and you'l be able to see the little bastards!.....then remove the leaf entirely!....no point trying to solve this problem, just get rid!

Thanks

will do. and be back soon on more of this.
    soil. i just got some regular potting soil from the store because here in north China the outside soil is very dry and just plainly obvious that it is not good.

ill try all these and get back.

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2