Thread: Cheese #1 Turned Hermie.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,284 Times in 7,292 Posts

Default Cheese #1 Turned Hermie.

I just thought I'd report my findings...

Unfortunately I'm not having much luck with my Kaliman Cheese #1.
    I pretty much went 12/12 from the off. I'm now 4-5 weeks into the grow and the plant has decided that it's a man trapped in a womans body and has developed balls.

She's been in the grow room with several other plants (all in flower) which are all fine, so I know it's not due to light leaks etc.

I have a 2nd Cheese #1 a couple of weeks younger which is also showing 'suspicious' signs of early banana growth.

Here's a pic, (sorry about the quality, my macro function has decided it's had enough and won't work)....

Both are now keeping the grass cuttings company in the compost bin.

I hope the rest of you guys have better luck than I did!

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,698 Times in 10,088 Posts

ouch..that doesn't look good grub mate..chuck him/her it in the bin lol

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks
    Thanked 5,028 Times in 1,660 Posts

Thanks for posting that grub, it's the first hermie ever reported and I'll be interested in how the others turn out?

May I ask where you got the seeds?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    ouch..that doesn't look good grub mate..chuck him/her it in the bin lol
    Yes mate, They're long gone! Shame though as I did like the sound of the strain and would have loved to sample it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    Thanks for posting that grub, it's the first hermie ever reported and I'll be interested in how the others turn out?

They were in the batch you sent to Ragman mate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Rockster (08-06-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    They were in the batch you sent to Ragman mate.
    Ok thanks for that grub.

Very strange though, I mean, both showed hermaphrodism? That's the strange thing, I've had dozens of grows by others on all the forums and can easily expect to get the occasional hermie but 2 together and yet your other girls are fine?

Well I can only say I'm sorry you've been disappointed grub but I'm scratching my head as to why after so many have been grown out you get 2 hermies from 2 plants, do you not think that is a bit strange, particularly given your other girls are ok?

What has been you set up and growing regime, may I ask?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Grub (08-06-11)

Thanks

As the photo shows mate the one plant is a 100% hermie. The 2nd plant developed pistils plus early signs of bananas on the 3rd node up. I thought about leaving it to see how it materialised but couldn't take the risk, so that one has gone too. It could have ended up 100% female, I can't say for sure. Another week or two and I would have been able to say, but I simply did not want to risk pollinating my other plants. - Once bitten, twice shy and all that....
    My set up and regime are the same as they've always been mate. Built-in cupboard/storage room, 400W HPS, JI#1 potting on into Arthur Bowers multi, temps and humidity as they should be, lights 12/12, and no supplemental feeding.

No need to apologise mate, these things happen. It's natures own way of ensuring the continuation of a species. Unfortunately for us growers it's a pain in the bloody arse though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Rockster (01-09-11)

Hillbilly Guest

I feel for you Grub, I know how it feels the Milf's I got, Hemied too..

Well I can only say I'm sorry you've been disappointed grub but I'm scratching my head as to why after so many have been grown out you get 2 hermies from 2 plants, do you not think that is a bit strange, particularly given your other girls are ok?
    Rockster I can Tell you if the Seed Co. I got the MILF seeds from world have wrote back saying sorry or anything. I would have a Much better mind set about them but they didn't and you Did So,, I say good show, from what I read about some Seed Co's. You really get my Respect!! !!! I am looking forward to next years grow!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Grub (08-06-11), Rockster (08-06-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    As the photo shows mate the one plant is a 100% hermie. The 2nd plant developed pistils plus early signs of bananas on the 3rd node up. I thought about leaving it to see how it materialised but couldn't take the risk, so that one has gone too. It could have ended up 100% female, I can't say for sure. Another week or two and I would have been able to say, but I simply did not want to risk pollinating my other plants. - Once bitten, twice shy and all that....
    My set up and regime are the same as they've always been mate. Built-in cupboard/storage room, 400W HPS, JI#1 potting on into Arthur Bowers multi, temps and humidity as they should be, lights 12/12, and no supplemental feeding.

No need to apologise mate, these things happen. It's natures own way of ensuring the continuation of a species. Unfortunately for us growers it's a pain in the bloody arse though.
    Many thanks for being understanding and not getting ticked off for such a seemingly poor show, I can only offer another pack as compensation/commiseration and if they hermie I may as well jump off a bridge!

But I'm confident they wont so should you wanna another pack please do pm me and if you wait 3 weeks I'll have Cheese#1 BX1.0's for you to try, an open pollination back cross to the Exodus mother.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

Grub (09-06-11)

Thanks

i like it ..post any please..

** No spamming in your posts!
    Last edited by Grub; 12-08-11 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,872 Times in 2,569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post

Out of my packets out of 28 seeds atleast a third ended up males/hermies i have to report. i also found that it didnt like being cloned all though thats prob down to me.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Grub (16-01-15)