Thread: Bug Killer, On My Plants? Advise

Thanks

Smile Bug Killer, On My Plants? Advise

I've just bought "Ultimate Bug Killer, By Provado ( My plants aren't under attack ) I bought this, Just in case they do get attacked.

I've obviously red the back of the bottle, it's telling me it's safe for use on all flowers, listed fruit, and vegetables + Herbs.

What do you guy's recommend? Would you use this your self? If you have any advise please share thanks, I though I'd post this here... as I think you guy's have the best brains

Heres a picture of it

Thanks.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,108 Times

Avoid Avoid Avoid... Use as an aboslute last resort but even then.. Avoid.

It's a systematic pesticide thats toxic as fuck and these toxins will stay in your plant from 7-12 weeks and if these toxins are smoked they can cause lung complications.

What pests do you have?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cocogrower View Post
    Avoid Avoid Avoid... Use as an aboslute last resort but even then.. Avoid.

It's a systematic pesticide thats toxic as fuck and these toxins will stay in your plant from 7-12 weeks and if these toxins are smoked they can cause lung complications.

What pests do you have?

Well, it's nothing I'm to worried about... I've just got greenfly ^^ I bought it, because I though more would come.

What would you say, about me putting, snail and slug killer pellets around too :S Do you advise that or not.. ( Though I have no slugs/snails ) *YET* I think, I should put them down just for safety.. ^ ^

Thanks

I have used that stuff a few times with good results and no adverse effects to plants. Although I wouldn't be as strongly opposed to it as cocogrower, I would certainly avoid spraying buds if poss, particularly late in flower.

Rather than have something in just in case, why not consider preventing an infestation before it happens. Use Neem Oil every few weeks until they a few weeks in flower, it'll keep most things away before they get chance to infest.

Thanks

Neem oil will help a lot and its organic, can be used upon till the day before harvest, Look for organic pesticides not systematic ones, Theres always a few organic ones at garden centres.
    Something that is safe on fruits is irrelevant because you dont smoke fruits, Smoking something is much diff than eating it.
    I take it this is an outdoor grow as your worried about snails n slugs.. A good trick when it comes to them is to put a thin strip of copper around your pots/plants, The snails/slugs wont cross the copper.
    You could chuck a couple of pellets down as a precaution but I wouldnt worry tbh if nothing being eaten.

Thanks

@ GrassHopper

Yeah I was advised to get "Provado Bug Killer" by a friend, though Coco says.... it is systematic, obviously I wouldn't spray my buds ( Though I'm far off from that ) This stuff lasts 4-6 weeks, surly it will last a bit longer, maybe I'd be to late then. Yeah I think I'm going to give this a miss, and only use it when I really need to.

@ Coco, I'll go on a search sometime and look for some organic pesticides I think that's the best thing to do then. I had heard of the "Copper trick" I though that was a white lie, but maybe not. I'll take your advise on this one as you seem, to know allot more about what you're talking about then me.

Thanks for the help guy's really appreciate it.

Thanks

copper works, gives em a mild electric shock
    I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins.

Diary: My first tent grow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrassHopper View Post
    I have used that stuff a few times with good results and no adverse effects to plants. Although I wouldn't be as strongly opposed to it as cocogrower,.
    It wont harm the plant or make the plant show any addverse effects, It's a chemical which will flow around the whole plant for , bud sites included for 7-12 weeks.

This stuff should only be used very early veg but even then its still iffy.
    Last edited by cocogrower; 22-06-11 at 07:58 PM.