Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Spider Mites

Thanks

The stuff i've always used whether in garden/greenhouse/tent is Fairy washing up liquid or Fairy wash powder ( non bio) & it's always worked for me, I clean out everything & spray & wipe down with diluted Jeyes fluid too, you can spend a fortune on all these fandango chems & sprays & most are next to worthless.

crazycatz2012 Guest

one of my Ladies wasn't looking too good? got me 30x Micro out and sure enough found the Lil monsters on the underside of leaves, quickly moved all my other Ladies away, got some Neem oil solution of my Partner and sprayed the Hell out of everything(Apart from the Cats) GR are always clean..only thing I can think is I had 2x WhiteWidows started outside by Partner that came into the GR..not sure if this is where origin of problem but WON'T be doing it again.

Just hoping it ain't spread..checked all other plants and no sign but will keep on checking now

and keeping the infested Gal in the Bathroom..

Peace

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

I've found nicotine kills em off after a week or 2 spraying every 3-4 days,i just get about 10gram of loose rolling baccy steep it in boiling water for 30 mins in a 1L jug but i only add 250ml-300ml of boiling water then after 30 mins add a drop or 2 of dishwashing liquid then fill the rest of the jug with cold water and its ready to use.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22), r33ee (12-08-22)

Thanks

I was told when it was young to use tobacco and water but for sure if I ever get them they get plant vitality spray and its good bye mites ....I love plant vitality ..I wish it was on the market when I first started growing ..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thai lander For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22)

Thanks

Avid. 4 bid

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Budbeast425 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22)

Thanks

I've had my running battle with the dreaded "Borg" and for a time, they were winning. Every single grow the little blighters would rear their ugly heads - just when you thought you'd gotten them beaten.
    The best I got was keeping the numbers down but then for a while, it looked like nothing I did was going to work until I found a product called Harkers Mectin. It is a one spot application miticide for domestic Pidgeons and Birds.

Since finding this product, I've NEVER had a single mite attack so it works.

Here is my cleaning routine and how I use it:

Basically, I use it once every 4 - 6 months as a supplement to my normal cleaning regime. If you use this stuff too often, like other pest treatments, they breed a tollerance or resistence to the stuff and it becomes useless so don't use it all the time!!!

To start, normally, I remove everything I can from my room. Pots, equipment, tubs, tubes.. literally everything that can come out comes out and goes for a seperate clean and sterrilise.
    Then in a 3 liter sprayer I mix up a STRONG solution of bleach, dysenfectant, a couple of drops of fairy liquid (wetting agent) and then one full dropper of Mectin. With this I go round and litterally spray soak the floors, walls and ceiling until it's running down the walls.
    You can use a bucket and cloth if you want but I go absolutely mad spraying everything that's water tight.

Then I'll go round and mop up all the water from the floor and then using the same solution, I'll wipe down everything in the room with a cloth just to be sure.
    Then at that point, I'll turn off everything except the extraction and leave the room in the dark for 24 hours to cool right down and dry out.
    The next day, I'll go in and sweep up or hoover any final debris, dust etc before turning off all air extraction and deploying TWO Permethrin foggers / smoke bombs. One in each corner of the room.

I'll leave the room for another 24 hours before returning all the rest of the cleaned and sterilised equipment to the room to carry on.

As soon as I introduce ANY plants in to the room be them from seed or cutting, as soon as they're rooted and ready to pot up, I'll mix up 1 liter of water in a sprayer to 2 drops of Mectin and 1 drop of washing up liquid and give the plants a good old spraying before transplanting them to veg or flower or whatever I'm doing. Then I'll give them a final spraying about 1 week into flower.

Since I've been doing this, or variations of this, I've not had a single mite infestation and believe me, I had it REAL bad before this. Every crop my colas would look like candy floss from all the webbing.

Aparently, this Mectin stuff is NOT absorbed by plants and disperses quite quickly so doesn't leave a lasting residue. It's obviously not organic friendly but it does work.
    I wouldn't advise spraying any plants further than 2 weeks into flower with this stuff though just in case it doesn't disperse that quickly. That and wet / damp buds = rot.

But as I've said, USE THIS METHOD SPARINGLY once you've gotten rid of the mite infestation. The first time I used mectin I did one application to already infected plants in veg and I never saw a single mite for the duration of that grow.
    Then when I finished that grow, I developed the above cleaning regime and haven't seen the little bugg3rs since.

You can buy Harkers Mectin from Ebay or other places around the net. It's about £8 - £10 for a small bottle but you don't need much for a maintenence dose. Maybe 1 - 2 drops per liter of water. For heavy infestations I'd go in with a whole dropper full in maybe 3 liters of water and drench the whole grow space in it as stated above.

Hope this helps someone and saves them from pulling their hair out for years lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpongeBongWeedPants For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22)

Thanks

always hated spider mites

12. The Following User Says Thank You to music64 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by music64 View Post
    always hated spider mites
    No more digging up old threads please. Makes the place look untidy..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

British green (11-02-17), GEORGE (02-02-22)

Thanks

I did my grow organically and the spider mites caught me by surprise. I went the ladybug route and ended up just having to stalk the plants (no pun intended) twice or three times a day and crush them as I saw them. If you thin the numbers enough you don't need any chemical treatments and can make it to harvest.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeoman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-02-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3