Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official all things football thread.PL, SPL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A ect ect.

blurry-vision Guest

Default Official all things football thread.PL, SPL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A ect ect.

We might as well get a football discussion thread going and have it as a sticky.

Spurs should sell Modric, he's not even that good is he ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

CockRoach (08-07-11)

Thanks

Smile

I actually think Modric is not bad. He has some nice skill. Reminds me a bit of benayoun(spelling?). But this is Liverpool's season. I honestly think they are going to be challenging for the title this season.

Suarez has only just come to the club and look at him already. He's going to have defenders shit scared this season.

All other teams can burn in hell . Except Arsenal. They play some nice football. Good team to watch

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Furious For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

Thanks

Only thing about Arsenal is they do well during the season until it realy matters coming to the end then they seem to go all to pot,but they do play some shithot football,I think chelsea will not do much this season,there is no stability at the club.It's going to be a man united season only because of the manager,Fergie is by far the Best maneger in the world,he's a legend at my home team,Aberdeen,Craig Brown has teen in a lot of new players and they are looking not bad in pre season games and we still have a few players in on trial,Come on you reds!
    RED ARMY

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duggie20091 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

Thanks

As an Arsenal fan, I'm going for Liverpool to be the team to overthrow United, they seem to be going for the right signings, and if they play with the form of last season, after King Kenny took over, they'll be right up there at the end.

As far as Arsenal are concerned, I don't really see us challenging for anything, we'll take the 'usual' fourth place.. Unless of course we pull off some of the ridiculous transfer rumours going about, EG; Benzema and Juan Mata.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

blurry-vision Guest

I really can't see Liverpool doing any better than 4th place, it's insane to think of them as title challengers, certainly not a 12/1 shot in my eyes, more like 20/1, don't be a fool and bet on the pool. Depending on who else Chelsea sign they would be my favourites to win it. But they do need some key signings, if they don't get them it'll be Man Utd again.

Thanks

Yes, I am slightly mental though!
    I do think they could be contenders, just look at the form they had once Kenny was in charge last season.
    In all honesty until the market closes it's silly saying who will win it, but I do think it'll be an interesting season, and an incredibly close one with 5 teams going for it.

Also, massive blow to Chelsea today with Essien getting crocked.. Gotta put a dent in thier title aspirations!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

blurry-vision Guest

Well Essien has been poor for a while, Chelsea do need to make 3 real good buys I think, Essien is always injured now and he's not even that old is he ? But i think Chelsea have got a very good manager now so they will probably buy the right players they will need, they are also gonna be big spenders along with Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd maybe even Arsenal will spend some money ! Downing would be a good signing for Liverpool especially if Carrol is fit and in the same team. I do think they will get 4th place though, so they will at least get CL football back.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21), scouse-haze (11-07-11)

Thanks

He's sort of drifted in and out of the squad over the last three years, outstanding when he does play, but he seems to have a recurring knee injury.. Sad really, as he's one of few Chelsea players I do like.
    Argh! Downing! He was linked with Arsenal and safe to say, I did the same thing I did last season every time Squllaci touched the ball.. Had kittens! I don't see whats remotely special about the lad to command a £20 Million fee, I'm finding it hard to justify half of that for him.
    If Arsenal don't spend, they'll get 5th/6th, no CL Football, and maybe the board will open thier eyes and realise you can't run the same way forever and the times are changing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,184 Times

quite pleased with the Liverpool signings so far......not keen on Downing at all, imo we need another tricky Suarez type player out wide for those away against Everton and such when ya need someone to do something special and unlock a 11man defense, Downing will no doubt provide some crackin balls for Carroll but apart from that i dont think he offers that much more, and at 20m its a shit deal.

we are well over packed in the middle now! Gerrard, Lucas, Adam, Henderson, Cole, Meireles, That feckin Ghost Aquillani?? I feel a bit for Spearing cos i reckon he'l have a hard time getting games now - we need to get shot of a few donkeys fast.

Doni the keeper will be a good buy obviously as back up to Reina and i keep hearing about Scot Dann, id like him to come tbh then we can sell agger, who i really like as a player but he rarely plays more than 10 games without picking up an injury - same as Aurellio, good player but never fit.

dunno about title talk thats just silly talk and adds pressure we dont need, look how well we do as underdogs, like last seasons 2nd half performance......think if we'd have got Kenny back 2months earlier than we did, we just might have won the lge lmao - getting back in the top 4 is a good enough target for now.

Arsenal need to spend big and they needed to do it years ago, must be frustrating for gooners fans cos you lot have been so close (yet so far) to having a great team for years and Wenger just cant/wont see he needs a few world class leaders and spend big to get em. the Ars-elona project is falling apart at the moment.......only good thing is you have some really good youngsters there already.

Fu$k Man Utd and the chavs

dunno about city.....put it this way if mancini dont win title or CL hes gone - same as that chav manager lol he might even be gone in january if it dont start well lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CockRoach For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-01-21)

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast