Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Air vents

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Default Air vents

Hi guys was wondering if i could attach extraction to a vent in my wall & intake from the other one on the other wall, one is where the chimney breast is , any advice welcome

Thanks

Hello baby bud

That exactly what im thinking of doing at the moment!! ive got a TT125 fan rigged up to Aqusitic ducting, pulling fresh air thought a vent in the top of my wall.

At the moment my 2 exhust fans are just going into the room where my tents are, if i shut the door, and go out, when i come back in the room if fucking hot mate !!!

thinking about cutting a hole in the wall ( back off chimney ) exhusting all hot air up the chimney.

ive spoke to my mate about this to great lenghts, an he tinks aslong as i board up the fire place, im fine.

because im in a flat other people might use there fires ( because of the hole i might carbon monoxide posioning ???) SCOUSE

Thats my only consene monixde posining, any 1 else think its a good idea ???
    KNOWLEDGE IS LOST, IF NOT SHARED......................NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM 1878

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scouse-haze For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (12-07-11)

Thanks

Fortunately i have a vent already at the top of mine so would only need to hook up 2 ducting me thinks?

Thanks

if other people are using the chimney, then that sounds dangerous. boarding up the chimney may not ne neccessary. just a load of semi inflated bin bags/trash bags wedged up there could do it.
    (Signature) Questions

Any advice on early finishing guerilla suited strains, cold temps, outdoors, mould resistant?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dazza For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (12-07-11)

Thanks

Am on the bottom flat, there is only 1 other person above me !

my understanding of phyisics ( not much ) is that if fans are blowing into the chimney, the hot air will rise, there fore taking any other air ( carbon monoxide ) up out of the roof ?????? so no carbon will come down to my level ? SCOUSE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scouse-haze View Post
    Am on the bottom flat, there is only 1 other person above me !

my understanding of phyisics ( not much ) is that if fans are blowing into the chimney, the hot air will rise, there fore taking any other air ( carbon monoxide ) up out of the roof ?????? so no carbon will come down to my level ? SCOUSE
    I'm top flat but i guess u could b right will b looking in2 this alot more

Thanks

and if's windy the air tends to be drawn up easier. But on hot, still day there might be a risk of stink coming down the fireplace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    and if's windy the air tends to be drawn up easier. But on hot, still day there might be a risk of stink coming down the fireplace
    This i never thought of , so i should use the chimney vent for drawing air in & wall vent for extraction ? Or would i still get a problem?

Thanks

if you use the chimney for a intake you might be putting carbon monoxide in to ur flat = death in your sleep !!!!

draw it from you vent on the wall mate

I am goin to be using the chimney for a outtake

let you now how i get on mate SCOUSE

DAZZA = No stink if using cf, also using ona gel mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scouse-haze View Post
    if you use the chimney for a intake you might be putting carbon monoxide in to ur flat = death in your sleep !!!!

draw it from you vent on the wall mate

I am goin to be using the chimney for a outtake

let you now how i get on mate SCOUSE

DAZZA = No stink if using cf, also using ona gel mate
    The chimeny is'nt one that is used it got boarded up when the flats were converted years ago i will deff look into this " thx"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast