Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's a good tobacco alternative??

Twofootlong Guest

Question What's a good tobacco alternative??

After a long and difficult struggle, I have managed to give up tobacco and now need another 'mixer' for using in joints. Anyone know of anything I can use?
    I was thinking of boiling (to remove the 'green' taste) and drying the leaves when I harvest a plant or when I find any males!!
    So if you have any idears please let me know.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Nip to your local tobacconists mate, there's allsorts of non-tobacco alternatives now. Honey blend is one of my personal favourites.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18), teutonic (01-08-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

just go flat out with the bong

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18)

Twofootlong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pieman View Post
    just go flat out with the bong
    Can't do bongs, lungs, toots etc...... anymore as it used to give me really bad bronchitis.

nuube Guest

I always like to add some cannabis to the cannabis I am smoking. It allows me to have a joint and the extra cannabis gets me more wasted.

Failing that you can get some herbal non nicotine tobacco in Holland & Barrett.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

Thanks

someone i know uses comfrey - never tasted it myself, no idea what its like..
    I've known rivers ancient as the world and older than the flow of human blood in human veins.

Diary: My first tent grow

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UsuallyWasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18)

Master Poet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UsuallyWasted View Post
    someone i know uses comfrey - never tasted it myself, no idea what its like..

Not a good idea tbh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey

Medicinal uses

Contemporary herbalists view comfrey as an ambivalent and controversial herb that may offer therapeutic benefits but can cause liver toxicity.

Internal usage of comfrey should be avoided because it contains hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs). Use of comfrey can, because of these PAs, lead to veno-occlusive disease (VOD). VOD can in turn lead to liver failure, and comfrey, taken in extreme amounts, has been implicated in at least one death.[6] In 2001, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a warning against internal usage of herbal products containing comfrey.[7] There are ways to remove the pyrrolizidine alkaloids from comfrey, and some herbal product manufacturers have begun doing so (although the products will still be labelled “for external use only”).
    Excessive doses of symphytine, one of the PAs in comfrey, may cause cancer in rats.[8] This was shown by injection of the pure alkaloid. The whole plant has also been shown to induce precancerous changes in rats.[9]
    Most recently, in a placebo controlled study comfrey was found to decrease back pain when used topically. However, it is not clear if these results reached statistical significance.[10]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Not a good idea tbh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey

Medicinal uses

Contemporary herbalists view comfrey as an ambivalent and controversial herb that may offer therapeutic benefits but can cause liver toxicity.

Internal usage of comfrey should be avoided because it contains hepatotoxic pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PAs). Use of comfrey can, because of these PAs, lead to veno-occlusive disease (VOD). VOD can in turn lead to liver failure, and comfrey, taken in extreme amounts, has been implicated in at least one death.[6] In 2001, the United States Food and Drug Administration issued a warning against internal usage of herbal products containing comfrey.[7] There are ways to remove the pyrrolizidine alkaloids from comfrey, and some herbal product manufacturers have begun doing so (although the products will still be labelled “for external use only”).
    Excessive doses of symphytine, one of the PAs in comfrey, may cause cancer in rats.[8] This was shown by injection of the pure alkaloid. The whole plant has also been shown to induce precancerous changes in rats.[9]
    Most recently, in a placebo controlled study comfrey was found to decrease back pain when used topically. However, it is not clear if these results reached statistical significance.[10]
    Not something I'd do myself anyhow to be honest.. the strange hippy chick in question has been using it for years.

Lots of herbs have been used in smoking mixtures for hundreds of years, i'm not personally advocating any of them myself..

http://www.natures-healers.com/stopsmoking.htm

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UsuallyWasted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18), teutonic (01-08-11)

Thanks

Personally I use NTB (No Tobacco Brand). They are becoming quite popular now & increasing in price, but they are the least noticable in a Joint. I tried Honeyrose, but it's more rolling baccy than cig. The Alice blend you get in headshops is cak, unless you like peppermint taste.

Nuube has it right though, if you can afford it then go pure.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to niceneasy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18)

Thanks

Any more suggestions for this topic?
    Everyonedoesit has shit loads of variety, too much to choose lol.
    Can't smoke pure as my missus doesn't like it.
    Had the stuff from Holland and Barret before, tasted sour and not very nice at all.
    Let's get it on!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beezerk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-07-18)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast