Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking for medical reasons...

Thanks

Marinol and Sativex are better than nothing but still doesn't beat the real thing, imho.

Master Poet Guest

Blaze, Sativex IS the real thing, as its made from the whole plant, Marinol on the other hand is a synthetic THC (if thats what you can call it) pill that really is nothing like the real thing as it has none of the other compounds in it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

blazefor20 (06-09-11), katy (06-09-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,135 Times

This is true, the pill had side effects if not less noticeable than none THC compounds and for all those chemist hard work it still has nothing on a little spliff in terms of effect and relief.
    Sativex still wont satisfy most users as the most effective method to take cannabis still is and will alway be smoking! I use a vaporizer during the day but will always want to burn me herb.

G

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

blazefor20 (06-09-11)

sqydro Guest

Well G when that scrog crops u n the old fella will be sorted for a year or so lol great thread, i have asthma, cannabis is said to help that i smoke joints tho cos i have terrible sleeping patterns, so i blaze one or 2 at night and that sorts me right out, i also noticed it helps with panic attacks/anxiety, i stopped
    Smoking for years tho cos it was makin me para all the time but im back on it now and im thinkin of givin up alcohol n bein a full time smoker!! Im glad you all get releif through the weed, wish theyd legalize it here so i can start growin trees in my livingroom lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

The G is Stoned (06-09-11)

Thanks

I just want to share this post. Like all the cases here, it strucked a nerve.

Weed, Oil and Cancer
    I am a Stage IV breast cancer patient, dx in 2007, with spread to my intestines, abdomen, liver, and bones. In 2010, I started using the Phoenix Tears oil. I wish I could say it had cured my terminal cancer. It has not. But my prognosis, in 2007, was a year if I was lucky. I'm still here. Sure, I've had my close calls, but I just got back from a camping trip with my horse, so I'm doing pretty well for someone supposed to be dead by now. It has also helped my mental state and my insomnia quite a bit, and that's no small feat. I believe in the power of the cannabinoid so much that, despite the fact that it hasn't cured my cancer, I still use it, and recommend its use to others.

And let me tell you how the oil helps me breeze through my chemo treatments. Well, I can't prove that empirically, but I have had chemo before and it does NOT make me feel strong and energized. But that's the way I have felt through chemo this time ... the only difference is the oil.

And my weed gives me immediate relief within a minute or two when I need it. Many times food repulses me, but I have a couple of strains that enable me to eat when I normally wouldn't be able to. It can keep me from throwing up even if I get close enough to start salivating. That's impressive especially for me! I have a couple of strains that work just as well as Ativan or Xanax for anxiety and are much safer ... even healthy ... for the body. I also have some narcotic strains for when I wake up during the night unable to get back to sleep. Every single day this plant brings me relief and/or peace and joy. For a cancer patient, with fear being part of every day life, that's a miracle in itself.

I think an MMJ recommendation should be prescribed for every cancer patient. Those who aren't using this wonderful medicine just don't know how much easier it could be.

Melissa
    As for me I've started smoking due to my 'anxiety' problem. So far it's been working. It's still too early to tell though.

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Blaze, Sativex IS the real thing, as its made from the whole plant, Marinol on the other hand is a synthetic THC (if thats what you can call it) pill that really is nothing like the real thing as it has none of the other compounds in it.
    Is Sativex not just THC and CBD? leaving out the THCV and CBN among others?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,135 Times

I was under the impression that its basically just a cannabis tincture?

G

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The G is Stoned View Post
    I was under the impression that its basically just a cannabis tincture?

G
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sativex

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nuube For This Useful Post:

highimbuddy (11-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,269 Times

hey guys, just wanna point out the obvious (although you may not have considered this...

we all know that, for example, broccoli is good for you, lots of iron, vit C etc etc..

but you wouldn't expect to get much from it if you smoked it?

All smoke is harmfull !

Eat your weed!!

a very small bud eaten raw every morning keeps me happy and still able to concentrate. I know that everyone is different, but you should really try it.

It seems totally logic, no?
    ...the never ending journey on the edge of time...

Five years, not banned yet!

Thanks

Since Jessica brought it up, there is a whole debate and (whats the term?) issue with Pheonix Tears. As some of you may know, it is claimed to be a cure for some cancers and symptom reliever. I have done some basic research on the issue and found that some inscrupulous people are making it inferior to the method and product that is suppose to be used and therefore ineffective. This is unfortunate as many that search for it spend quite alot of money on it and have their hopes up. This is all I will say on the matter.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast