Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best grow box lighting?

Thanks

Default best grow box lighting?

im new to growing indoors and i thought i would try it out too see what the big fuss is over so ive built my box and set everything up(fan, bulb holder foil ect..)
    but i dont know what cfls its best too use at vegetating i was thinking

23w 6500k ct and 23w 2700k for flowering?

mellowed Guest

The bulbs you have mentioned are going to be no good mate. You could grow a seedling under them for about a week then you will have to get something else. You really need atleast a proper grow light (maxigrow, plug n grow ) 125w cfl atleast for 1 plant.

And you would be better to get rid of the foil and paint it white instead because a crease in foil will produce heatspots an burn your plants if your not careful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

JORDAN VDV (11-08-11)

Thanks

ok ill get rid off the foil but i just looked at some stealth grow boxes you can buy online and they all seem to come with 23w 6500k so is there no way of growing with 23w 6500k?

mellowed Guest

You can grow with them but you will be lucky to get as few grams of bud at the end of it and the plants are going to stretch a lot to find a better source of light.

The rule of thumb is usually 100w per plant and a 100w household cfl ( energy saving bulbs) is only the equivalent of a 100w incandescent bulb so will probably be putting out 30w of usable light if your lucky.
    Last edited by mellowed; 11-08-11 at 04:49 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

JORDAN VDV (11-08-11)

Thanks

you can but they are going to be really tiny plants that only yeild a few grams. best off going with a 125w cfl or higher. more light=more bud

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rimming chimps For This Useful Post:

JORDAN VDV (11-08-11)

Thanks

ok thanks for the help ill see what can be done

Thanks

do you know roughly how many grams?

Thanks

that all depends on what strain ur planning to grow, u could plant auto's and get away with only having the 2700k light( 125w or higher) and still get roughly 1oz. but with those tiny bulbs u may only get a few splif's worth

mellowed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JORDAN VDV View Post
    do you know roughly how many grams?
    It's like pissing in the wind to answer that question mate. Could be 1g or 3g but listen to what I am telling you mate, you can grow under them lights BUT you are going to get very little bud from it if any at all that's smokeable. We get this question all the time and if someone is going to put all the effort into getting the equipment, seeds, and everything else then spend 12 weeks growing a plant thats only going to produce a 3g of bud then you have to wonder if its going to be worth it. A 3g bag of weed from a dealer is gonna coat say £25 but if you add up your setup costs, seeds and electric to grow the plants then you are going the be loosing money rather than saving it by growing your own. But if you just want to grow for the fun of it and to be able say that you have grown your own plant then go for it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

JORDAN VDV (14-08-11), Vador (29-08-12)

trumptummy Guest

Don't listen to these people JORDAN. You can very much so successfully grow under those bulbs, but you will need about 10 of them and a bit of skill to get any decent results.

For example if you SCROG'd/LST'd to keep a nice flat canopy and got the bulbs nice and close you could yield just as much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trumptummy For This Useful Post:

JORDAN VDV (11-08-11)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast