Thread: 12/12 From Seed Seeds? Pro's and Cons

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Default 12/12 From Seed Seeds? Pro's and Cons

For any breeders/knowledgeable ones out there

As the thread title says, What are the Pro's and Con's of doing seed/strain runs using a 12/12 from seed photoperiod.

I was considering doing this as I imagine you'd get though the 'F' generations a bit faster and then revert to a normal grow for final selection at F3 or more.

But not really knowing much about this sort of extended breeding and stabilising of strains I was wondering if you'd be missing out on some important selection criteria, and/or actually be producing 'inferior' plants in some way.

Confused greenhorn

peace

Thanks

as far as i know. if you start a seed in 12/12 and continue that way, it will be stressed as it is signalled to bloom but it is'nt mature enuff 4 that yet.
    equitorial sativas are ok to use a constant 12/12 photoperiod coz near the equator (where they nativley originated) the photoperiod is almost 12/12 all year round, so its normal to them.
    that is what i read in soft secrets
    I MAKE THINGS UP AND DONT GROW.
    MY COMMENTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY AND I DO NOT CONDONE ANYONE TO USE IT CONTRARY TO LOCAL LAWS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Photosynthesis For This Useful Post:

Bubba76 (21-10-11)

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Growing from seed under 12/12 is ok for growing smoke but breeding you really need to see the plant through all stages of growth before choosing the males/females for breeding and if you find traits in the original P1 plants back-crossing F2/F3s with the same/similar traits will re-inforce that trait, so always keep copys of each plant you use for the breeding project so if anything goes wrong you can go back to the last generation before the fuck up and start that generation again using differant plants.
    1 problem with breeding male/female seeds is you don't know what the male will bring to the table so using a few males instead of 1 is always the best way unless you've used the male before with great results.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11