Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wilma thread

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

its like a freaking waterfarm that sits on the tank controller lol thats awsome!! subed

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), The G is Stoned (30-08-11), ToughCall (05-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,135 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sqydro View Post
    Yeah i jumped over to your diary mate, stunning, i recon i could fit 8 on mate, 2 weeks veg and then flip, i wish i had a factory were i could test all the different grows i want to do, not fair is it mate? This thread should be stickied!!
    I think its possible mate, its called california! 8 could be good, take veg time right down like you say

Quote Originally Posted by ltid8 View Post
    its like a freaking waterfarm that sits on the tank controller lol thats awsome!! subed
    It is indeed and soon it will recirculate through another controller tub, Behold!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-12-18), ToughCall (05-04-22)

Thanks

I have decided to begin turning my already excentric Wilma system into a recirculating system, I will wait for my other tank to become free after my De La Haze harvest before connecting the two together with the controller but for now I just prepared it so its ready to be plugged in so to speak.

So first I cut the hole in the bottom like you all saw in the previous posts and now I also cut a hole in the back too,
    Same little tank connecter from greens as I used on the bottom.

next I ran the hose to the front

I also got a tap attached to the front of the res so I can drain for flushing

More to follow as and when

G
    Last edited by The G is Stoned; 30-08-11 at 11:22 PM.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

dynodave (08-05-12), FozzieB (27-01-14), GEORGE (05-12-18), HaZyLaZy (02-05-19), Joe green (30-08-12), Tabbatha (16-10-11), ToughCall (05-04-22)

sqydro Guest

Sweet mate, will be the most efficient wilma set uo known to man! Recirc/dwc/wilma/scrog machine lol STICKY MODS PLEASE!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

The G is Stoned (31-08-11)

Cheddar Guest

Thanks so much for thid thread. Are air pots better to use with the wilma cut out? I have two and could modify two pots :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I mate, sorry for the long time, yes indeed cut or drilled thoroughly to let the roots freely into the res.

G

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

ButtyBach (22-05-14), GEORGE (05-12-18), ToughCall (05-04-22)

Thanks

Well i'm within days of chopping my first grow with my wilma big4 ....airpots ordered....anyone know how much of a pain in the arse they would be to pot up ? Planning on vegging grow 2 in 3ltr pots in the veg cupboard then up to the 10 ltr ones in the tent with my modded wilma for flowering?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cazza For This Useful Post:

Cheddar Guest

G - sorry to ask noob questions here...

If i use drip feeders how regularly shud i feed? Just a rough example please :-)

Also, did you use a drill to cut the holes? I'm scared it cracks :-(

Cheers for the inspiration!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cazza View Post
    Well i'm within days of chopping my first grow with my wilma big4 ....airpots ordered....anyone know how much of a pain in the arse they would be to pot up ? Planning on vegging grow 2 in 3ltr pots in the veg cupboard then up to the 10 ltr ones in the tent with my modded wilma for flowering?
    Happy days mate, how did it go? Potting up is like normal, just assemble the airpot and use like normal pot. Its getting the plant out of the pot thats the great thing, you undo the two screws and the pot unfolds to revel a lovely root system. Easy.

Ill post a picture of two of my Delahaze root system as an example.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Caramel Clouds View Post
    G - sorry to ask noob questions here...

If i use drip feeders how regularly shud i feed? Just a rough example please :-)

Also, did you use a drill to cut the holes? I'm scared it cracks :-(

Cheers for the inspiration!
    No problem mate. Don't use drip feeders in pebbles use flood drippers and run them either constant when lights are on or 15 minutes every hour lights on. I haven't decided which works best. Make sure your res is high in DO.

Which holes? The ones in the top tray for the roots I did carefully with a drill, the corners of the top tray and the holes for tubing in the res was done painstakingly with a 1" victorianox turning knife. I started the hole by wiggling the tip of the knife through the plastic then removing and repeating along the circle I had marked out until it was all the way around then I eased the knife round to finnish. I had to shave wafers off at a time in the until I could only just fit the connector through Then once it was on heated it with a hair drier so I could tighten it even more. This is the hard way though, buy a little multi drill kit from a hobby shop or use a core drill peace of the correct size(the best way)

Its fairly robust but can crack, just be careful.

G
    Last edited by The G is Stoned; 20-09-11 at 08:13 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The G is Stoned For This Useful Post:

ButtyBach (22-05-14), FozzieB (27-01-14), GEORGE (05-12-18), She's-a-Lady (09-12-14), ToughCall (05-04-22)

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast