Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: root riot vs rockwool vs jiffy vs ??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kianmc View Post
    what is everyone soaking there starter plugs in? does anybody add anything to the water?
    I usually use a v.v.little seaweed (like 1ml/2l solution) in both the cut-dunk-water and as pre-soak. Seems to work fine for both cuts and seeds.
    Also used rhizotonic as pre-soak for jiffys.
    Also used nothing

All work but I'm a fan of seaweed at the mo.

peace

Thanks

For clones I just use a jiffy, clonex and a heated propergator - Works everytime.
    Seeds - A little tub with damp cotton wool in on my laptop battery - Doesn't work everytime lol. I might just start germin in a jiffy next time and see how that works out for a change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rollitsmokeit View Post
    ide also like to know this
    Just use plain water. I prefer to adjust the PH first but its not essential
    Just Another HG420 Refugee

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Rockwool cubes for me, thn once theyv started flyin I jus pop th cube into the pot of pebbles, Jove done, used to use jiffys but bk web I never knew a thing and never really got results, ( not running jiffys it was me own noob fault) havnt tried root riots

Thanks

rockwool for me too...nice and easy, cant really over feed unless your a tit...i use phd water until the look ready for a bit of formulex and gradually build the strengths up
    Who you trin to get crazy with ese? dont you know Im loco?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Because_i_got_high For This Useful Post:

chango (17-09-11)

Thanks

Do you guys use pucks for seedlings after germinating?

Thanks

i use root riot, every seed ive ever germed in one has popped, put 4 into them less than a week ago and they're already bout an inch tall

Thanks

hi newbie here,has anybody had problems with insects using jiffy pucks/pellets? i seem to have gotten thrips since i started using them, could be a coincidence and also 1 of my weaker clones started to rot so i pulled it out the pellet and there was a couple of small 2mm white worms/maggots attached to the roots.made me WORRY about them spreading pests to my flowering babies.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

mmmmm all this talk of root riots, jiffies etc,.

just ran this little test on a couple of seeds. Both pre-soaked in tepid water/seaweed for 18hrs. One germed directly in soil, one in a jiffy. Otherwise exactly the same conditions.

And the soil germed one has done way way better than the jiffy.

I have a feeling that all this paper towel transplanting gubbinses is more for our benefit so we can see things occurring. All good, but better for the plant to get her root down in to dark loamy goodness a.s.a.p

peace

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

notho (02-07-18), Peanut butter (12-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    mmmmm all this talk of root riots, jiffies etc,.

just ran this little test on a couple of seeds. Both pre-soaked in tepid water/seaweed for 18hrs. One germed directly in soil, one in a jiffy. Otherwise exactly the same conditions.

And the soil germed one has done way way better than the jiffy.

I have a feeling that all this paper towel transplanting gubbinses is more for our benefit so we can see things occurring. All good, but better for the plant to get her root down in to dark loamy goodness a.s.a.p

peace
    So do you think root riot block are a good idea.
    As they say they have all the nutes needed for healthy root growth

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast