Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: thrips, 4 week into flower...plant vitality plus?

Thanks

anyone else want to chip in before i do it?

should i "jest do et!" or will i get a "Tooma!"..........soz!
    AAARRGG! MA LEG! I CAN'T FEEL MA LEG!!!!!!!!!!

that's right......we bad!

Everything I've ever posted, posting or going to post, are lies, fictitious, hypothetical ....... or wrong . And I do not condone or involve myself in, illegal, corrupt or mischievous activities and would not advise anyone else to do so either!

strewth Guest

Do it mate lol
    There's a link in my sig for a sick plant guide if you find any other probs with your girls

Peace
    DZ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

stircrazy (08-09-11)

Trev Guest

Best shit on the Market mate can be used right up to harvest time done it my self spray spray spray

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:

stircrazy (08-09-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I wouldn't say best shit on the market. From what I've been reading on PV+. It USED to be the best shit on the market because it was good at wiping out mite, brilliant in fact. Then it was discovered that it has abamectin in it and the truth was out. Since then they have removed the abamectin for another secret but I believe less harmful solution. But its also supposed to be not so good now and mites become resistant to it.
    It may well be fine for thrips though. Its still supposed to be good shit, even for mites, but as I said, now they can become resistant so it may need to be used in combination with other things.

Harkers Harka Mectin pigeon mite treatment is ivermectin, the safer of the mectins to use and safe to use at 4 weeks in (not much further though). Whether or not it kills thrips I couldn't tell ya. I can vouch 100% for it on mites though. Great stuff! I think it does kill thrips along with a lot of other bugs though, it messes with their central nervous system I believe, can't remember 100%, do a wiki search for ivermectin.
    It breaks down within a week or two so by another 4-5 weeks it will be out the plant, unlike the old PV+

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

DangerDragon (16-05-12), stircrazy (08-09-11)

Thanks

fuck DZ, you been busy! loads of good info on your sick plant sig.
    Cheers Trev for saying your bit, much appreciated cheif
    gonna "do et, jest do et!!"
    cheers people
    stircrazy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to stircrazy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

fuck DZ, you been busy! loads of good info on your sick plant sig.
    Cheers Trev for saying your bit, much appreciated cheif
    gonna "do et, jest do et!!"
    cheers people
    stircrazy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Up_in_smoke View Post
    I wouldn't say best shit on the market. From what I've been reading on PV+. It USED to be the best shit on the market because it was good at wiping out mite, brilliant in fact. Then it was discovered that it has abamectin in it and the truth was out. Since then they have removed the abamectin for another secret but I believe less harmful solution. But its also supposed to be not so good now and mites become resistant to it.
    It may well be fine for thrips though. Its still supposed to be good shit, even for mites, but as I said, now they can become resistant so it may need to be used in combination with other things.

Harkers Harka Mectin pigeon mite treatment is ivermectin, the safer of the mectins to use and safe to use at 4 weeks in (not much further though). Whether or not it kills thrips I couldn't tell ya. I can vouch 100% for it on mites though. Great stuff! I think it does kill thrips along with a lot of other bugs though, it messes with their central nervous system I believe, can't remember 100%, do a wiki search for ivermectin.
    It breaks down within a week or two so by another 4-5 weeks it will be out the plant, unlike the old PV+
    cheers for this. more good info. good work.

Thanks

do you set the ph of the water you add the PV+ to? if so, what ph?

Thanks

UPDATE

ama muddafukkin murdera!!!

sprayed the ladies today and it's looking like the plant V+ has done the job! maybe being optimistic as only 12 hours has past but i could only find 2 thrips and they were dead muddafukkers!!

i used plain tap water to mix with the pv+ and properly soaked em with a fine mist from pressure sprayer. i'd recommend getting one of these, it'll save getting a repetitive strain injury from using a pump sprayer as it took me about an hour to do 4 plants! like i said, i proper soaked em twice over, tops and bottoms of the leaves plus the tops of the coco they're in, ....oh and i sprayed my g/room, mostly with what i missed the plants with but made sure i got in the corners and cracks.

it was lights on time but i had the light off and had the hps bulb wrapped with a cloth and used a small cfl handlamp for lighting then as soon as i finished, i turned the light and fans on, doing this didn't cause any burning due to the droplets still on the leaves but i can't say it would be the same everytime (this is my disclaimer!) i ended up using about 2 litres of mix all in all.

i'll repost in a few days to confirm whether i killed the fukka's outright or not.

P.S.
    i evac'd the remaining ladybirds before spraying.... except one! , it took one for the team but hopefully it's doing well with the rest, getting a bit of r & r in my greenhouse. well done bugs, good work!

P.P.S.
    Plant Vitality Plus = Dead Thrips

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Zero View Post
    You can spray it light's on or light's off tis each to there own
    if you spray heavily under high wattage lights you are most likley to get light burn
    the water droplets act like a magnifying glass.
    I MAKE THINGS UP AND DONT GROW.
    MY COMMENTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY AND I DO NOT CONDONE ANYONE TO USE IT CONTRARY TO LOCAL LAWS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast