Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Randomly up2nogood - Mentor grow diary Now Complete :)

Thanks

No worries matey, i've pre-empted your advice and bought the 120w one, hence no updates as yet because I'm just waiting on delivery.

Didn't want to start until I've got those temps 'correct'.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rndusername For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (24-09-11)

Thanks

Apologies for the delay, got the heater, all seems good, got the temps up around 23 during the night.

Going to get some pots in preparation, been really busy with work at the moment, hopefully get cracking this weekend.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

that's nice and warm..just right.It's been hot today,how hot has it been in your groom?

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

I've not checked, but with the lights on it'll be around 30 probably, maybe 32.....but obviously this warmth isn't going to last too long.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rndusername View Post
    I've not checked, but with the lights on it'll be around 30 probably, maybe 32.....but obviously this warmth isn't going to last too long.
    both my grooms are at 28c to 29c but this hot weather will last past the weekend..when are you going to take some pics?

Thanks

Not too sure, when I finally get started, there's not a great deal to see to be honest, everything is still how it is as it was with my first grow, plus the addition of a heater!

I'm hoping that once I've got my pots, and planted my seeds, they won't start to show until after the weekend, so the light won't need to be on, so the temps won't explode, then hopefully it'll be cooler after the weekend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rndusername For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (30-09-11)

Thanks

OK, so after a sweltering few days I've decided to finally get started with this mentor grow!

Apologies it's been a while for me to get up and running. First I was worried about my temps, so had to wait for a tubular heater, then I went and injured myself which hindered my movements! But I'm now ready to go!

I've gone out and bought all the pots I need (thanks to your measuring guide - I was struggling to find the correct literage!). I've also bought a thermostat plug thing to keep my temps up during lights-off - probably will be more appropriate when we go 12/12.

So here's my tent set-up now :

I've got the thermo-plug thing in the top-left corner, and the heater along the side. I may well hang the plug up when they start growing to get a better representation of the temps.

Is there any need to have my fan on and the extraction going as yet ? I didn't think there was just yet.

So I unpacked my seed package which I got from Herbies, very well presented I might add :

They gave me 2 BigBud regular - not sure I'll ever use those to be honest!

I then put the seeds into these :

I ripped off a tiny bit of the corner and placed over the hole. I pushed the seeds down a little way, not too far, just a few mm. I then gave them a bit of a spray with the mister so they were damp.

Here they are :

I then put them in the propagator and the light is coming on at 6pm, then off at midday. I closed the prop's lid, should I leave a gap ?

Here are the pots I bought :

They're 13cm, so I think they're around the 1/1.5l ?

These are 5l pots. I've already got my 10l pots from my auto grow.

Temps in the tent will be around 26ish when the light comes on (will check later!). I've set the thermo-plug to switch the tubular heater on if it gets to 18C.

Anyway, look forward to hearing your comments up2!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rndusername For This Useful Post:

maxbreak (11-10-11), up2nogood (02-10-11)

Thanks

Excellent ..Right,lets see what we have.. You have no need to have the fan on until those seedlings are out of the prop and into the pots.
    I don't use a thermostat for my tubular heater,it's usually around 22c all night with it on but if you want to set a temp of 22c to 20c that's good. It will come in handy though when it gets a lot colder so if it goes below say,18c lights off it will come on..
    Yes close the lid but leave a small gap as we don't want them to get too warm as they will dry out too quickly if there is too much heat.
    pots are a good size for a few weeks or so then change them to larger pots after 2 to 3 weeks so that they have a good root ball for the next re-pot.
    hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

rndusername (02-10-11)

Thanks

I've just had a quick check, the temps seem too high to me, around the 29C mark, although I've no idea why!

I think I might turn on the fans to get the temps down a bit ?

Shouldn't there be around a 10C drop in temps between lights-on and lights-off ? Hence why I set it to come on around 18C....

Nah, not too badly, just made it difficult to do things for a few days!

Thanks

it could be warm because it's warm outside.I try to aim for a 10c difference when lights go off but my temps have been at 30c lights on and 25c lights off so pretty good,it doesn't have to be a 10c difference.If you want then turn the fans on,it may get a little cooler but really all the fans are doing is moving warm air around the tent,if you have a extraction fan put that on and see what temps you get to.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

rndusername (02-10-11)

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast