Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Cheese (Refridgerated Cuttings)

Monty Bong Guest

Default Blue Cheese (Refridgerated Cuttings)

The table below is a rough guide to daylight hours per month in the UK.

Sep 1st to 13th approx 14 Hours daylight per day.
    Oct 1st to 11th approx 11 Hours
    Nov 1st to 10th approx 10 Hours
    Dec 1st to 8th approx 8 Hours

This is why most strains start to flower in the UK around mid to late Sept, because our daylight hours have just dipped below 14 hours.

This table shows daylight hours in the new year.

Jan 1st to 8th approx 8 Hours daylight per day.
    Feb 1st to 9th approx 9 Hours
    Mar 1st to 12th approx 11Hours
    Apr 1st to 13th approx 13 Hours

This is why it's pretty much pointless planting out most strains until late April, after we start to enjoy over 14 hours of light per day.

I sure you can all see the similarities in the two tables.

Next week I will be taking 4 cuttings, 2 off my Blue Cheese and 2 off my Lemon Stinkies. I will mist the cuts with water and then place them in the fridge until mid Dec. I have refridgerated cuttings before and successfully rooted them two weeks later. This time round they will in refridgerated "stasis" for about 9 weeks, but I am confident I will get them to root.

I intend to root them in a prop under a 125w blue enviro on a 20/4 light schedule. Once they have rooted they will remain vegging under the enviro until mid Jan.
    At that time they will go under the enviro during the night and then be placed outside in an unheated greenhouse tent during the day. This will start hardening them off and they will still receive sufficient light to continue them vegging.

In February once they have sufficiently hardened off and become accustomed to the low temperature they will be left outdoors in the tent 24/7 to flower, this will give my plants 8 to 10 weeks flowering time before we reach late April when daylight hours go above 14 hours per day and vegative growth starts. I will be wrapping the pots and lower stems in cloth to avoid hard frosts.

I'm not expecting huge yields because the plants growth rate will be slower due to the lower temps we have in Feb and March than what we have in Oct and Nov, but I am expecting a worthwhile yield.

I will update this thread as I go.

In the meantime I'm open to comments, suggestions and discussion.

Thanks for listening

MB

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Sounds like a plan mate and an interesting idea, it could just work due to our fucked up weather.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,437 Times

I like your style! ... Go Monty go Monty go Monty
    Why we all should be growing outdoors:

"... it is scientifically proven the best marijuana is grown under the sun. There is no indoor light that can replicate the sun light, the range of cannabinoids and terpene that can develope in the marijuana resin thanks to the sunlight is never achievable on a indoor setting ..."

Thanks

yeah putting them in a greenhouse sounds good, hope they dont die from any frosts,
    and when the days are getting longer your buds will just be getting more and more sun ,hopefully that duznt fuck u over and make em start ve-vegging when there like 6weeks in flower

sounds like u got it sorted tho, very nice plan monty boy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,125 Times

ooh i will keep my eye on this MB nice one mate

Monty Bong Guest

Thanks very much for all the replies everyone I appreciate your comments.

allahu

I'm hoping that if I can get them out 24/7 by second week of Feb this should give me enough time for them to finish before the daylight hours increase enough to start them re-vegging.

But this is just a first time experiment so who knows.

Cheers all

MB

Thanks

Thats a reallt good idea monty I wont be pinching the idea and doin it myself i promise ha. It wil be good to see if it works mate and cant see why not as long as you harden them off slow but sure u, no the dance saggy pants lol. good luck pal and ill be watchin mate.

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

I love new experiments. Go Monty, I,m watching with keen interest.
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to syanlar For This Useful Post:

phillipey (27-10-10)

Monty Bong Guest

Thanks leafman and syanlar I appreciate your comments.

Update:

I have decided to take the cuts tonight, my young plants are coming on fine and I'm hoping to have everything harvested in my growroom by christmas. The doner plants will be flipped to 12/12 on saturday, this gives them just a couple of days to recover from the cuts being taken.

The doner plants, prior to the cuts being taken.

Lemon Stinky----------------------Blue Cheese---------------Lemon Stinky

The cuts, 4 LS on the left, 2 BC on the right.

All the cuts were misted with just plain tap water, then the inside of the bag was misted too. (airtight, ziplock, sandwich bag)

Cuts dropped inside the bag and sealed.

The two bags placed in the fridge.

If anyone is thinking of trying this, you must ensure the cuts do not become frozen...this will kill them.

They will now remain in the fridge until 1st or 2nd week of December. The longest I have done this for is about 2 weeks, I have a friend that got his to root after 5 weeks, so this length of time is an experiment but i'm confident it will work.

Next update December.

Thanks

amazing monty boy,
    Dr. Monty in a white lab coat, dealing with clones, storing em in fridges and shit!.
    good work man, hope it all works out and cant wait till december for ya update

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast