Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How does Cannabis affect ME?

Thanks

Great thread choice and respect to Winstun etc. for bouncing back, takes balls, every credit. Hope I can kick negative thoughts too sooner or later, my best mate died 2 years ago and I decided to get completely fucked the other night (pills, weed and rum aren't a good combo btw ha) and felt like I was caving in, reading this has given me some hope that even though feeling better now, if I get down about it again, it's natural and life goes on, and that's all it is, life.

peace

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alvinflundle For This Useful Post:

Mr Pothead (29-09-11), Tabbatha (29-09-11), Winstun (29-09-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Quote Originally Posted by alvinflundle View Post
    Great thread choice and respect to Winstun etc. for bouncing back, takes balls, every credit. Hope I can kick negative thoughts too sooner or later, my best mate died 2 years ago and I decided to get completely fucked the other night (pills, weed and rum aren't a good combo btw ha) and felt like I was caving in, reading this has given me some hope that even though feeling better now, if I get down about it again, it's natural and life goes on, and that's all it is, life.

peace
    sorry to hear about ur mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

alvinflundle (06-10-11)

Thanks

I've had some relatively negative experiences recently with weed that I would like to share. I made and consumed a brownie recently and it was WAY to strong. I ended up in a state of total confusion watching little outlines of Chinese style, fire breathing dragons faces (which had a devilish wide eyed crazed look) floating across the inside of my eyelids. although quite funny to think about now, at the time I didn't panic but I would rather have turned it down a few notches... at one point opening my eyes (to escape the dragons) made me feel violently sick on top of that, the paranoia was controllable (I'm good at that) but I felt uneasy about the thought of getting up to go to bed despite being desperate to lay down... Obviously this threat is about more general experiences so ill move onto some else that I probably need reassurance about.
    I don't smoke excessively as its my true belief that smoking every day is bad for your mind so I reserve the bud for weekends. A little while ago while very high I started having these episodes where i can hear my minds voice saying things, but I'm unsure of whether I've said these things out loud or not. its like my brain is saying it but not me... while high and in a CO-OP buying some treats one evening, it was happening again but the cashier was responding to what I was saying so obviously I'm saying shit out loud that I'm thinking is just my minds voice. Is this normal?
    Another thing is this... there's a guy at work who I just don't really trust, I've always found the guy sketchy so I know the weed isn't making me suspicious of him. What has been happening though is when I'm high I sometimes have this recurring fantasy of him scuttling around really quickly with a cutting look in his eye, this image is always accompanied by some very fast, dark, sinister, horror film like, piano music. Now whenever I see this dude at work I think about that music and cant get it out of my head. I know the weed is just pointing out that I should be aware of this guy but its a little bit too crazy for normal life and I don't see it as helpful. Anyone had any experiences like this before?
    I love weed and I wouldn't change the flavour it has given my life in the past but i think its time to shelve it for a month or two. Any guidance with this would be appreciated guys

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexcile` For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (04-10-11), Winstun (04-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Thanks for adding your thoughts, Dex.

I don't have any specific advice for you other than to say that you seem to be in-touch with how you feel and how pot makes you feel, so I'd trust your own instincts on this one and do what you feel is right for you.

What I will say is that some of the language, more specifically some of the expressions that you used were indicating to me that you just think a lot about things. That's ok, I'm much the same, and when I get stoned 24/7 after about a week or tw of that I can sometimes find it hard to clearly separate fact from my internal, fiction thoughts. At those times I like to take a breather, too.

A couple of months breather usually does the trick for me. I'm the same with all drugs / alcohol, though, so I think it's more about my brain chemistry than the specific thing I put into it.

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

alvinflundle (05-10-11), Dexcile` (04-10-11), THE DUDE ABIDES (04-10-11), Winstun (04-10-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tabba View Post
    Thanks for adding your thoughts, Dex.

I don't have any specific advice for you other than to say that you seem to be in-touch with how you feel and how pot makes you feel, so I'd trust your own instincts on this one and do what you feel is right for you.

What I will say is that some of the language, more specifically some of the expressions that you used were indicating to me that you just think a lot about things. That's ok, I'm much the same, and when I get stoned 24/7 after about a week or tw of that I can sometimes find it hard to clearly separate fact from my internal, fiction thoughts. At those times I like to take a breather, too.

A couple of months breather usually does the trick for me. I'm the same with all drugs / alcohol, though, so I think it's more about my brain chemistry than the specific thing I put into it.

Thanks for this mate. its nice to be reassured that I'm not one of the unlucky ones who end up going mad. I have my own theory's regarding that. Your very right in saying that I'm in touch with what I think and feel. I find my own brain quite interesting, being an only child from parents who moved here from Europe with no money, I had to use my imagination quite often in place of toys, which made me quite developed in that area. This also made me appreciate the company of others so i love my mates and would hate for my exploration of conciousness to put me into a mind state to cause ostracization. Its funny actually, one of my favourite things is to try and write down my thoughts about things and people when i'm high, I call the file "THE DOCUMENTARY OF DOCTOR GREEN" Its packed with little nuggets of incite that would otherwise have been forgotten... heres a little snippet you reminded me of...

Quote Originally Posted by Me while skyed
    I can imagine i am feeling some breasts and it actuallyy feels like its happening. Like my conciousness is downloading directly from my imagination.
    natural aphrodisiac or what, dunno where my FB was that night lol. I remember this only when reminded by the document... It actually felt like there was someone there, its so weird

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexcile` For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (04-10-11), Winstun (04-10-11)

Thanks

I can relate to much of that, dude.

I don't yet keep a diary, so to speak, but I have been meaning to for many, many years. Frankly, if other people can't handle the fact that some people think a lot and explore what's inside of them, well, it's their problem.
    In fact, I've been through the inner-portal so many times now that I'm almost there constantly, even when I'm not using self-medication.
    It used to take some class A, or some really good weed to get there, but these days it's so familiar to live in my head that it's become my reality.

I suppose we could theorise that our realities are always in our heads, since that's where the 'outside' is interpeeted and experienced, and that in itself is something that I often re-visit. Weed certainly helps that process along.

Personally, I don't think anything you've said so far is anything but how humans are meant to be. If it weren't for our imaginations, where would the human race be today?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

Dexcile` (04-10-11), Winstun (04-10-11)

wah wah Guest

Got a bit choked reading some of them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wah wah For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (04-10-11)

Thanks

I can relate to much of that, dude.

I don't yet keep a diary, so to speak, but I have been meaning to for many, many years. Frankly, if other people can't handle the fact that some people think a lot and explore what's inside of them, well, it's their problem.
    In fact, I've been through the inner-portal so many times now that I'm almost there constantly, even when I'm not using self-medication.
    It used to take some class A, or some really good weed to get there, but these days it's so familiar to live in my head that it's become my reality.

I suppose we could theorise that our realities are always in our heads, since that's where the 'outside' is interpeeted and experienced, and that in itself is something that I often re-visit. Weed certainly helps that process along.

Personally, I don't think anything you've said so far is anything but how humans are meant to be. If it weren't for our imaginations, where would the human race be today?

I think albert einstien said that imagination is more important than knowledge and i agree with him completely. we wouldn't have anything in this world if we couldn't first imagine the path to the next step.
    i totally recommend writing a little ongoing word document when your high. I always write sober thoughts in black to keep a track of my mind state before smoking then once i feel the effects i switch to green lol. Its amazing to look back at your use of language and how weird your thoughts get when your trying to slam them onto the screen before you loose them. one of the most important things i wrote was this...
    Quote Originally Posted by me calling from narnia
    Strangely, Im finding it hard to document how I feel now, It is as if my brain has made a conundrum from the very concept of writing about how I feel. (it went off on a tangent about the massage feeling you get) Anyway, like I was saying… the conundrum was this… am I observing behaviour that would normally be present in my sober state because I am thinking about it? And if so, am I noticing that idea because I am high. Now now i cant quite grab the thought properly but its like this… all that being said, how can I now write about it.
    This is obviously nonsense and did not portray correctly what I was trying to record... the words and what they mean in english in that case are not important, what is important is that moment of being high and knowing a concept in my mind that literally cannot be morphed into any spoken language. Its the language of weed and you have to be in that state to speak it, you cant bring it back with you and it will not come into our world. knowing that set the foundation for the document and really helped as a reminder when deciding what to write down and what to just enjoy in the moment.

right again mate, it is sad that people look down on others for exploring mental landscape using plant based vehicles but its a reality and a widespread reality at that. Its one of Mans flaws, probably a remnant of hunter gatherer culture, to judge others. Once it was a useful characteristic for identifying and ousting someone in your tribe who might fuck up and get you eaten by a lion. Now its just a redundant nuisance that makes us conform to each others preconceived ideas of "normal".

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dexcile` For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (04-10-11), THE DUDE ABIDES (04-10-11), Winstun (04-10-11)

Thanks

^ That's some very refreshing language that you're using there, Dex.

I'm going to dwell on that for a bit before coming back to you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

Dexcile` (04-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,681 Times

^ That's some very refreshing language that you're using there, Dex.

I'm going to dwell on that for a bit before coming back to you.

Dont worry Dex, he always was abit on the SLOOOOWWW side, dont expect a response for a GOOOD couple of hours!

Thanks for sharing Dex i know how hard it can be to put your feeling down in writing, but respect too ya mate for doing so, and just for the record i have had experiences on a similar plane and it is quite worrying, unfortunatly i cannot smoke anymore as i get servere paranoia if i do and also do experience things like 'The dude from work' as you explained, type of stuff happening and i find that i do not deal with it as well as some other people do, i simply do not see the funny side anymore as i did in my earlier years, instead i find it quite scary!

Peace Dex and thanks for sharin mate

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winstun For This Useful Post:

Dexcile` (04-10-11), Tabbatha (04-10-11), THE DUDE ABIDES (04-10-11)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast