Thread: second time grower what's going on with my plants...cuz I have no clue

Thanks

Default Answered: second time grower what's going on with my plants...cuz I have no clue

So I have a few plants that im using to do a lil training and getting myself familiar with growing techniques...in any case I put them in a gallon bucket to start with but haven't changed it yet before I got a chance to transplant it, it started flowering I was wondering if It will continue to grow even though it's flowering right now and has been for about 2/3 weeks now it's only about 20 inches tall and I was trying to get it to be about 2 or 3 feet tall do you think it's because the pots are too small im going to try to put up pix any help or input would be greatly appreciated

2. "As a rough guide (working in US Gal) 1 gal pot vlume per month age or ft in height.
    So, if this plant will be 3 months old at its finish, it should be in a 3 gal pot.
    If you start it flowering at 1ft high, allow for it to treble in height, giving 3gal.

You could flower it through in a 1 gal pot, far from ideal, but it will need watering a lot and the pot size will stifle potential growth.
    On the other hand, if you try to repot, it could shock the plant and you may loose a weeks growth. far from ideal when flowering.

Good luck dude. W"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,180 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

It will probably stop stretching after about 2-3 weeks then it will start packing on bud rather than new growth.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,180 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Thats 2-3 after you flip mate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DelBoy For This Useful Post:

purplecali (27-09-11)

Thanks

I kinds figured do u think I should put them into bigger buckets or will they be ok in the gallon buckets

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 581

As a rough guide (working in US Gal) 1 gal pot vlume per month age or ft in height.
    So, if this plant will be 3 months old at its finish, it should be in a 3 gal pot.
    If you start it flowering at 1ft high, allow for it to treble in height, giving 3gal.

You could flower it through in a 1 gal pot, far from ideal, but it will need watering a lot and the pot size will stifle potential growth.
    On the other hand, if you try to repot, it could shock the plant and you may loose a weeks growth. far from ideal when flowering.

Good luck dude. W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

Thanks

Sounds good to me pimpin thanks for the response...I put them into 5 gallon pots yesterday I was as gentle as humanly possible but im not sure if it was good enough just hoping they're ok they all looked pretty good today...if they were in shock shouldnt they look all droopy? cuz they looked very perky this morning...also I was poking around the site and read something about not watering them everyday...but noticed that while they were still in the gallon pots they did drink a fuck ton of water...thanks again gentlemen