Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which one is right for me?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,049 Times

Default Which one is right for me?

Im looking to be a another light system with ballast etc so that I can veg & flower at the same time.Greens have these two on at the moment & I dont know which one I need or whats the best.
    Euro Grow light with 250w Osram Son-T-plus sodium lamp or Venture halide lamp,or any other suggestions.

Thanks

Does it have to be a MH system dude?

You would be fine with a 200w blue spec enviro for veg mate. Save a bit of cash aswell.

Thanks

Metal halide provides the best spectrum for vegative growth, but they give out a lot of heat per watt so will need good extraction. You could always go with a blue spectrum 250W cfl this will give good amount of lumens and give off hardly any heat and the whole lot reflector and lamp cost £60. Your last option is to go with a grolux lamp, which is a HPS lamp and ballast with an adjusted light spectrum that makes it suitable for both the flower and vegative stages. If you used a grolux lamp and hps ballasts in both rooms you would have a very flexible set up being able to flower or veg in either tent and would only have to carry one type of spare lamp. One disadvantage of Grolux lamps is they produce slightly less lumens than a standard HPS lamp
    So its best, cheapest or most flexible

Thanks

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/...cat=122&cat=95
    Does this require a ballast or is it self-ballasted?

Thanks

The ballast is in the lamp with the cfls just a mains lead that goes to the lampholder

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Self ballasted, its just a BIG CFL Glad to see Greens has started stcking 250's as I had to go elsewhere for mine, im using blue 250's for veg are theyre going great

Id always personally avoid a MH lamp, im just not willing to spend that amount of cash/power/heat on a veg light, at least a HPS can be used for BOTH...
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

Thanks

so which one are you recommending remember im a total layman still even after one grow under me belt.
    CFL,MH,HPS these are just letters to me folks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    so which one are you recommending remember im a total layman still even after one grow under me belt.
    CFL,MH,HPS these are just letters to me folks
    CFL = Compact flurecent, id go for the 250w blue one you were looking at, theyre great for vegging

MH, Metal Halide, and HPS, High Pressure Sodium are the big power hungry ones for veg and flower respectively, with both requiring external ballasts and kicking out much more heat, well worth it for flowering, but not really for vegging

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    CFL = Compact flurecent, id go for the 250w blue one you were looking at, theyre great for vegging
    go for the clf as strider said saves you cash,and you dont have to use your main bulb for vegging so saves you buying bulbs every so often more cash saved
    I have nothing but time man. There it is. TIME. Something everyone has. Just gotta know how to use it!
    Mixed grow log https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070814207

Thanks

Went for the blue 250,Thanks peeps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast