Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any one else get "the weed chills?" (Cold!)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

Default Any one else get "the weed chills?" (Cold!)

I've been smoking on and off for 20 years, early days as a youngster was pretty heavy but now I'm pretty much a one a night person.
    Every now and then (maybe 1 in 15 times) I get what I call the weed chills... when I'm pretty stoned and get extremely cold! I mean really shivering (Like its 5 degrees below freezing) with the heating on!
    Anyone else get that?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

2wasted (22-07-20), GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17), greenthumb123 (21-01-13), hungry (21-01-13)

Master Poet Guest

Nope, never had that, it must mean you're gettin (are) old. Well, older than me anyway.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

_Whisperer (12-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,647 Times

Quote Originally Posted by _Whisperer View Post
    I've been smoking on and off for 20 years, early days as a youngster was pretty heavy but now I'm pretty much a one a night person.
    Every now and then (maybe 1 in 15 times) I get what I call the weed chills... when I'm pretty stoned and get extremely cold! I mean really shivering (Like its 5 degrees below freezing) with the heating on!
    Anyone else get that?

lol. apart from getting old, your probly so stoned your metabolism sort of shuts down or slows down. Plus if its on an empty tummy, the low calorie count and drop in blood sugar level will cause that. Hey if your near your 50's might wanna get a diabetes check too
    ☺ Click to enter my CFL percy stealth groom
    I don’t know what weapons will be used in world war three, but in world war four people will use sticks and stones. Albert Einstein
    Look Randy, I'm mowing the air Rand, mowing the air. Jim Lahey

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teutonic For This Useful Post:

2wasted (22-07-20), GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17), greenthumb123 (21-01-13), _Whisperer (12-10-11)

Thanks

I'm only 37! and Its happened for quite a while..... could be the sugar though, as I do get bouts of feeling weak when I don't eat when I need to (and I don't sometimes in the evening).... luckily I've always checked ok for diabetes and have pretty good blood (from all accounts)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

2wasted (22-07-20), GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17)

Thanks

Thats happened to me before when i get in from a days hard work and sit down and make a particulary strong spliff. I found out it happened more when i skipped dinner, find it best to make something to eat before having one as usually too wrecked to make anything decent after a good un!!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jef For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17), greenthumb123 (21-01-13), _Whisperer (12-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,647 Times

I'm only 37! and Its happened for quite a while..... could be the sugar though, as I do get bouts of feeling weak when I don't eat when I need to (and I don't sometimes in the evening).... luckily I've always checked ok for diabetes and have pretty good blood (from all accounts)
    only 37 ? Your body will be much less forgiving about how you abuse it from that age on so welcome to the old gits club hahaha!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teutonic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17)

Hillbilly Guest

I never got that but boy do I get a hangover some times!! If I take Kief last in the night I never want to wake up the next day and my head pounds!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

_Whisperer (12-10-11)

Thanks

do u smoke cigs ? could be a spin out ?

Anyone else get that?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karl For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-07-20), Glynne (26-03-17), _Whisperer (12-10-11)

Thanks

Hangover!? damn! I always wake up fresh as a daisy...

Yeah I smoke rollies so can't be that...

I'll put it down to the dropping sugar levels, weed does cause the munchies so what ever causes you to need food in some way might cause the same thing in me.... maybe I should eat my munchies before hand lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The exact same thing happens to me, i feel the cold quite badly though even when not stoned my skins super sensitive and rashes up real bad. Im in my early 20's so its not an age thing, i can be feeling comfortable and and as soon as i get high and sit back down i feel ice cold and shiver but i know its just my skins sensitive to air and the bastard mrs always has the windows open so i just put a hoody on and sink back into the couch. Nothing i worry about though its even worse when i drink and the more high i get the less i notice which is an excuse to get higher

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maccabi For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast