Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: UNDERSTANDING YOUR HIGH -The Effects Of Marijuana On Consciousness

Thanks

its funny coz i normally struggle to describe a marijuana high. its like when your high you dont want to describe it and when your not high you cant really relate to the change of perception. That being said it was probably quite difficult to do this research and put it all together like this.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,647 Times

Quote Originally Posted by allahu_akbar View Post
    ...The Effects Of Marijuana On Consciousness:
    A marijuana high usually lasts two or three hours, ... The usual, most noticeable effect is intensification of sensation and increased clarity of perception...
    intensification of sensation and increased clarity of perception

The importance of this statement cannot be underestimated. Until the toker appreciates this heightened awareness applies to every level of our being, the risk of paranoia is evident.

When I first started toking one of the things that unsettled me was thinking I could hear peoples conversations from 100 yards away This 'sense' of heightened hearing was just part of the high. I could'nt really hear these folks conversations, and my mind was filling in the gaps, often hinting that they were whispering unkind things about me. lol.

That particular anecdote covered just the subject of hearing. The THC high expands every level of conciousness. Physical, emotional, our belief systems. It's great gear to go on a voyage of self discovery with.

After many years toking, it dawned on me the only thing I could truly beleive in, and trust, was myself. All religions and belief systems are a crutch to lean on, and a child like need to have someone to run to, cry to, and confess to.

Once the realisation dawned that the centre of my belief system had to depend on solely myself, I became much less needy. Another bonus was realising this made me responsible for all my actions. No one else to blame. No more shouting at the missus, the kids, the dog, or a work colleague. For I knew, in truth, I was shouting at myself and my own inadequecys.

fuk me this ams is a great smoke
    ☺ Click to enter my CFL percy stealth groom
    I don’t know what weapons will be used in world war three, but in world war four people will use sticks and stones. Albert Einstein
    Look Randy, I'm mowing the air Rand, mowing the air. Jim Lahey

Thanks

One thing I notice is that that first level of my subconscious enters into my conscious awareness , For an example ; when I'm alone and working on a painting or some other sort of creative project I find myself talking to myself out loud and when I follow these talked out ideas back I find that they are part of that area that determines action but usually goes unnoticed. Does that make any sense? If our consciousness could be viewed as a bubble and the skin of that bubble was the part that we are aware of, then what happens when I smoke is, some of what lies beneath slips through.
    Peace

Thanks

When i smoke im much more rationale,i make better decisions and appreciate my life more and the little i do have.It stops me living in a dream world and i can see through all the marketing bull and how we are generally conditioned by society.Maybe i did a little to much lsd as a teenager but i dont worship the money god or any other(no offence religous types)nor do i think that material things will make me happy.Pot for me has made me realise that if you do strip away all the material things in your life your humanity is all you have.I think im a much better parent then people i know who just drink,far more attentive and able to get on my kids level.Im also less prone to selfish outbursts or feeling sorry for myself,its made me realise over the years that actions have consequences and only you can get yourself out of the bad situation,not tears and feeling sorry for yourself.

There is a degree of spiritual enlightenment you get from cannibis,or maybe its just a better understanding of yourself like looking through the looking glass.Theres certainly no hiding place with cannibis like there is other drugs,its makes you face your problems head on.
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 12-12-11 at 10:27 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3