Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Advice - Soil

Thanks

Default First Grow Advice - Soil

Evening all,

after much consideration about space and where to do it I have decided to go with soil, I have just bought myself some female white widow seeds which are on there way.

I was wondering if there is a setup example for soil, or a list of everything I will need along the way (equipment, nutes etc as I am yet to purchase this), I have read people diaries etc, which have lead me to go the soil route as a beginner, I am lookign at growing 5 plants.

Thanks in advance

Monty Bong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zeroms View Post
    Evening all,

after much consideration about space and where to do it I have decided to go with soil, I have just bought myself some female white widow seeds which are on there way.

I was wondering if there is a setup example for soil, or a list of everything I will need along the way (equipment, nutes etc as I am yet to purchase this), I have read people diaries etc, which have lead me to go the soil route as a beginner, I am lookign at growing 5 plants.

Thanks in advance
    Hi mate

I use the John Innes range, JI1 for seedlings/cuttings, JI2 + 25% perlite for veg/flower, I start them off in small pots, when they are established and have roots coming out the bottom of the pot, re-pot in to 7lt for veg, then re-pot to 11ltr final pots just before 12/12, this is usualy will see most indicas through to harvest without having to add any additional nutrients.

Thanks

Thanks Monty, What about lighting and moisture/temp control? do i need to worry about odours?

Monty Bong Guest

Alright mate

Just my opinion and I'm sure others will have their own but for 5 plants if you have the space I would go for a 400HPS, and yes a carbon filter is a must for security, 5 plants in full flower will stink.

Thanks

ahh cool, thanks for the advice, so i only really need to use the filter when the plants are flowering?

what about venting and extraction for 5 plants?

Monty Bong Guest

Flowering is when your plants will smell most, but they will benefit from extraction throughout veg and flower.
    My growroom is a built in wardrobe, it has a floor area of approx 1m2 and a height of about 2m. I run a 400w HPS with a 125mm RVK through a carbon filter, the filter is in my growroom the fan is about 2ft away but suspended in my loft. I have passive intake through a vent in the door covered with speaker cloth to stop light leaks. The fan runs 24/7 and my growroom emits no smell what so ever, my plants are a good 4 weeks in to flower atm. 4 adult flowering plants is about the max my space will accomodate comfortably.

Hope this helps

MB

Thanks

that helps an awful lot, just picked up the innes and perlite etc, do the plant pots sit in a tray at all?

Monty Bong Guest

I use pot trays but only to collect the run off after watering and protect the growroom floor. You don't want your plants sitting in water, MJ prefers well drained soil.

Thanks

I take it your growroom is whitewalled or mylar? I have a walk in wardrobe and think I am going to use this, only problem its in my bedroom, was worried about fan/filter noise etc

Monty Bong Guest

I have Mylar but matt white would be just as good. Because the fan is in my loft and the ducting comes down through my ceiling we hear no sound from the fan at all. (Its also suspended in the loft using bungees to stop vibration)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast