Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: John Innes Composts Explained!

PG Guest

I use Focus tomato food with John Innes No 2 and get not bad results. Do not go by the dosage on the bottle though, it's too strong for canna. Approx 3 weeks after my final re-pot I start feeding at 1ml per litre and work my way up through flower to a maximum of about 2mm per litre. Keep a close eye on the plants, if they start showing signs of nute burn at the very tips of the leaves ease off on the feed, if they look like they can take more, steadily increase it by about 0.25ml per litre, per watering.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PG For This Useful Post:

frost313 (22-05-10), gaig675 (01-02-12), GFORCE (24-06-10), PhilZenMaster (27-11-11), turbotoker (07-04-11)

Thanks

i'm using focus aswell as it's my first grow so that bit of info will be good to give me a rough base line to start from cheers man

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GFORCE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

im a first time grower with a 600whatt hps im still trying to work out the hole growing and flowering iv got a 2ft 8 week jack herer still in veg iv been winging it with the nuts and dont no were or howe close to put it to the light i am growing with a jhon Innes no 2 medium im useing chicken pellets disolved in water with 12 hours or more all leaves apart from the top new groth are spekled with small yellow dots all help would be greatly appreciated thank you
    Last edited by all i need is weed; 21-08-10 at 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong wording

6. The Following User Says Thank You to all i need is weed For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

Hi there am wondering what tomato food was it and did you add it to john innes no2 and what week didi you start to feed as they say its good for feed till 1 week in flower thats a diamond she is great work mate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cheese brain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

you can use any tomato food realy just half the dose on the bottle, like focus tom food or levington

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rokerij For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

can i use it to help grow even if there is nutes in the soil , because just had problems with given a bit of bio i thougth i had n difs with bottom leafs yellowing so give it bio and i got the leafs curling ,fingers pointin back signs of the ,claw, overfeed but plants are growin slow i think big bud cheese and the smallest is 12cm biggest 15cm 4/5 nodes tho there 26 days now any advice is good thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cheese brain For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

All I know is that John Innes soil is the worst for growing. I's way too hot and I'm constantly fighting with nute burn after re-pots. Never ever will I use anything that contains John Innes again. Fuck that.

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world." - Carl Sagan

"I used to smoke marijuana. But I'll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening - or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning. . . . ...But never at dusk." - Steve Martin

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Weedy1972 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

Thanks

I am fighting with very bad neut burn is there anything i can do to prevent this. i am feeding 2 ml of fish mix an 2 ml of bio grow its been in veg for 8-9 weeks but still fairly small they are ogiesel plants

16. The Following User Says Thank You to skunkybucket For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19)

mellowed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skunkybucket View Post
    I am fighting with very bad neut burn is there anything i can do to prevent this. i am feeding 2 ml of fish mix an 2 ml of bio grow its been in veg for 8-9 weeks but still fairly small they are ogiesel plants
    Cut your feeding down mate. If they are burning then they have to much. Seaweed will counteract the burning but will also slow down growth for a week or 2.

Flush your pots with water......use 3x the pot size, so if you have a 1ltr pot then you will need 3ltr of water.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Weedy1972 View Post
    All I know is that John Innes soil is the worst for growing. I's way too hot and I'm constantly fighting with nute burn after re-pots. Never ever will I use anything that contains John Innes again. Fuck that.
    alls i can say to you is your enviroment is wrong, ji#2 is quality with 25% mix of perlite, sort your grow room out and stop blaming the tools,

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-04-19), thc74 (23-01-14)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast