Thread: Sweden changing laws on Cannabis

Thanks

Thumbs up Sweden changing laws on Cannabis

Sweden legalizes and regulates cannabis

Stockholm, December 19 - The Swedish Parliament has approved a law which will regulate the growing, usage and trade of cannabis. This is according to the Health and Social Services of Sweden, Jonas Grönhög, who was quoted, "We don't want to make the same mistakes which the USA has done, we do not want to be prohibitionists because the war on drugs has been lost long ago. It is better to prevent marginalization of young people than jail them for soft drugs usage which are comparatively harmless. If we allow the sale of alcohol, there is no reason to ban the soft drugs no longer."

Cannabis products are going to be available in the pharmacies in Sweden as non-prescription medicine since April 20 in 2012 and customers more than 18-year-old can buy 10 grams at once. Growing for personal usage will be tolerated up to 200 grams of dried marijuana and larger amounts stay illegal. It is likely that this will target the Police resources on more serious crime, especially on organized crime, drug trafficking and trafficking in human beings which have been increased for lack of the Police resources in recent years.

Source: 420 Dagbladet, Stockholm, December 19 2011

Thanks

I just got very happy, but it seems that some cruel bugger have created this as a joke, so until further confirmation it looks like a hoax

I cannot find any evidence of the above article in "Svenske Dagbladet"

Ragdoll
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 20-12-11 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,365 Times

I think this story puts a more realistic spin on the story.
    Clicky click

The Danish parliament voted down a similar proposal submitted by Copenhagen City Council three years ago, but since then a new left-of-centre government has come in, giving it a better chance of getting through.
    This has been approved by Copenhagen’s city municipality but needs to be passed by parliament prior to it becoming law. In much the same way new laws in the UK have to go through Parliament and then the House of Lords, or local authority and then Parliament.

Still a step in the right direction, and every step that way is a good step

TC-UP

tuvoc Guest

This is a hoax, there is just one politician trying to push through some reforms on cannabis and soft drugs. I seriously doubt it will pass parliament..

Link: http://williamberoende.wordpress.com...g-av-cannabis/
    Google translated: http://translate.google.com/translat...bis%2F&act=url

tuvoc Guest

Some more: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/12...ust_a_hoax.php

But lets keep the hope up for the future atleast..

Thanks

Me thinks ill be getting my swedish mate to post me over some green!

Thanks

Go on to Youtube, theres currently a major advert that is discussing legalizing drugs or something.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    "We don't want to make the same mistakes which the USA has done, we do not want to be prohibitionists because the war on drugs has been lost long ago. It is better to prevent marginalization of young people than jail them for soft drugs usage which are comparatively harmless. If we allow the sale of alcohol, there is no reason to ban the soft drugs no longer."
    Superb summary. I don't think it's too long before we see this in main debate in our country, maybe 10 years, but it will happen. Common sense is what will make people vote these days. Our being as a nation is very old fashioned.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

LittleMissBlue (13-03-12)

Thanks

come on sweden.... show the brit govt the way forward.. sooner rather than later though guys. my crop is almost done lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to obiwan For This Useful Post:

LittleMissBlue (13-03-12)

Thanks

this is probably still a hoax (just like it says in posts 4 and 5 here )