Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Cloning

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Three weeks ago, while 1 week into flower, I trimmed my very bushy indicas. I thought I'll just see if I can get one of the bits of trim to root. I trimmed using a pair of household scissors. Didn't cut at an angle or owt, just chopped the excess any which way. I picked out a decent cutting 2 nodes high. I pulled off the two lower leaves on the first node leaving 2 leaves and the very tiny new growth. I just put the clone into a small rockwool cube, no rooting powder/gel or owt. Just stuck the stalk in and put it under my heated propagator. The only grow light I have is being used in the tent so I wondered whether an led work light I got from Asda ages ago would be ok. I thought fuck it, I'm not that bothered if it doesn't take as I'm only experimenting anyway, so I put the worklight on top of the prop. I used normal tap water to moisten the cube every 2 days cos it soon dries out in a heated prop. Anyway while I was at it, I had a Foliar Spray I have never used. Moonshine Foliar Spray I think it is. So I sprayed the leaves n while I was at it, sprayed the fucking lot, rockwool cube n all. Did this a couple of times n after a week, fuck me if roots didn't appear through the Rockwood cube. I repotted in a 9cm fabric pot with coco.

It was at that point I thought I'd better start taking this clone a bit serious. So I watered it with PH 5.6 n canna coco a & B to an EC of 0.4 (background 0.2). I was worried whether the bright LED worklight I got from asda was doing it any good... So this was my way of thinking.... I noticed the plant seemed to be leaning towards the light, but wasn't sure if it's cos that's how I repotted it. So I thought if I move the light on top of the prop to the other side, n the clone followed it, then it MUST fucking like it... well... got up the next morning n there it was... Dead.....!!! Only joking.. it had a proper lean to the right where I put the light. So now I move the light back and forwards every day in the hopes I'm giving the fucker a good work out n making it stronger.. hahaha.

I knew fuck all about growing until i joined this site just over 2 months ago, and still consider myself a very infant newby... but Jesus, can you imagine how pissing chuffed I am with my very first clone... n here she is with my little setup including worklight... hope you like her.

Right... time for her workout.... And to the left...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180427_190810.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	359648

Name:	20180427_190835.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	359649

Name:	20180427_190916.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	359650

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-04-18), GEORGE (08-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Roystontheo View Post
    Three weeks ago, while 1 week into flower, I trimmed my very bushy indicas. I thought I'll just see if I can get one of the bits of trim to root. I trimmed using a pair of household scissors. Didn't cut at an angle or owt, just chopped the excess any which way. I picked out a decent cutting 2 nodes high. I pulled off the two lower leaves on the first node leaving 2 leaves and the very tiny new growth. I just put the clone into a small rockwool cube, no rooting powder/gel or owt. Just stuck the stalk in and put it under my heated propagator. The only grow light I have is being used in the tent so I wondered whether an led work light I got from Asda ages ago would be ok. I thought fuck it, I'm not that bothered if it doesn't take as I'm only experimenting anyway, so I put the worklight on top of the prop. I used normal tap water to moisten the cube every 2 days cos it soon dries out in a heated prop. Anyway while I was at it, I had a Foliar Spray I have never used. Moonshine Foliar Spray I think it is. So I sprayed the leaves n while I was at it, sprayed the fucking lot, rockwool cube n all. Did this a couple of times n after a week, fuck me if roots didn't appear through the Rockwood cube. I repotted in a 9cm fabric pot with coco.

It was at that point I thought I'd better start taking this clone a bit serious. So I watered it with PH 5.6 n canna coco a & B to an EC of 0.4 (background 0.2). I was worried whether the bright LED worklight I got from asda was doing it any good... So this was my way of thinking.... I noticed the plant seemed to be leaning towards the light, but wasn't sure if it's cos that's how I repotted it. So I thought if I move the light on top of the prop to the other side, n the clone followed it, then it MUST fucking like it... well... got up the next morning n there it was... Dead.....!!! Only joking.. it had a proper lean to the right where I put the light. So now I move the light back and forwards every day in the hopes I'm giving the fucker a good work out n making it stronger.. hahaha.

I knew fuck all about growing until i joined this site just over 2 months ago, and still consider myself a very infant newby... but Jesus, can you imagine how pissing chuffed I am with my very first clone... n here she is with my little setup including worklight... hope you like her.

Right... time for her workout.... And to the left...

Name:	20180427_190810.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	359648

Name:	20180427_190835.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	359649

Name:	20180427_190916.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	359650
    Very nice. When the environment is right cloning is easy. I have found that pinching the stalks slows down growth but definitely leads to stronger stems. I would guess that making it move to the light would have the same effect. I am curious to see how this goes.

current coco / soil side by side https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=169492

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-18), Roystontheo (27-04-18)

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    itll start growing.
    Hahaha Classic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-18)

Thanks

Hi great info on taking clones a friend of mine has a plant growing and it suddenly explode in to massive beast with buds the size of your arm he didn't know which strain or even seed it was and want to take a clone, which was bit late but tried it any way for first time and took cutting from down low only problem is it did have small bud on it which is now starting to get brown hairs, a week since taking cutting my question is wots chances this will root?
    and is the bud putting strain on root growth? Should we cut bud off only leaving Cupple leaves?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Potkettle For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Potkettle View Post
    Hi great info on taking clones a friend of mine has a plant growing and it suddenly explode in to massive beast with buds the size of your arm he didn't know which strain or even seed it was and want to take a clone, which was bit late but tried it any way for first time and took cutting from down low only problem is it did have small bud on it which is now starting to get brown hairs, a week since taking cutting my question is wots chances this will root?
    and is the bud putting strain on root growth? Should we cut bud off only leaving Cupple leaves?
    If you keep it under 24 hours of light for long enough it should root and revert from flower into veg on it's own. I would leave the bud alone.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-18), johndoh (23-12-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lkdj2003 View Post
    The Mother Plant

If your mother plant is from seed, it should be at least 1 foot tall and around 6/7 weeks old min, with 9 weeks old being great. But if you need lots of clones, let it get big. It pays to have patience sometimes.

Misting

Mist plants heavily each morning two weeks prior to cloning. Remember, if plants are in halide area, turn off your fans and raise bulbs. If one drop of water lands on a hot bulb, then BOOM! no more bulb.
    The misting will wash nitrogen out of plants. This will slow growth, and carbohydrates will build up in the stems. The lowest branches of your plant will root faster due to the low nitrogen and high carbohydrate levels.

Rooting Medium

You can root in rockwool, perlite, sand, vermiculite, sunshine mixes, dirt, and even water. I prefer to use rockwool because it is easy to handle, easy to transport, and it keeps your clone area clean.
    24 hours before cloning you should prepare your rooting medium by watering it with a mix of one liter of water and some horticultural fungicide (see the package for proper ratio of water to fungicide). Put the medium into a nursery tray. Put the tray in the clone room, 12" from the light source, which should be left on constantly.

Taking the Clone

Get a clean coffee cup, baby food jar, or other such container, and fill with water. Do not use hot water, cool tap water or distilled bottled water are recommended. Let tap water sit overnight to allow the chlorine to evaporate.
    Start your first cutting on the bottom branch. The cutting should be 2"-6" in length. You will leave the growing tip, a small leaf, and one or two larger leaves. Below the last leaf you will cut off more leaves 1/8" from the main stem (see diagram).
    Below the bottom leaf cut you should make a straight cut perpendicular to the stem. Immediately place the cutting into the container of water. This will prevent an air bubble from blocking the transpiration stream.
    After all clones are taken, put in clone closet, (but not in direct light) for 24 hours. Mist clones gently once or twice during this period.
    The next day, take your tray with the medium and use a small nail to make a 1/4" deep hole in each clone site. Take one clone, dip in rooting hormone, generously coating 1/4" to 1/2" of the stem before inserting it into the hole in the medium.
    Push the clone in gently until it is 1/2" to 3/4" into the medium. Trickle a few drops of rooting hormone down the stem to ensure that it is set properly.
    Mist the clone again and put a foot away from the fluorescent light. Leave the light on constantly until the clones have rooted, which should take from one to four weeks. You can use a humidity cover or tent if you want to, but I don't use one.
    I mist my clones 6 times or so a day, and they root in 7 to 12 days. Keep the medium moist but not saturated. When necessary, water lightly with a mixture of water and No-damp. Let the rockwool get a bit on the dry side rather than letting it become too wet.
    After roots start to appear, transplant the clone gently into whatever medium you have chosen to grow it in. Water gently with 1/2" strength flowering food. If you are planting clones rooted in rockwool into a pro mix, make sure to bury cube with 1/2" of soil.
    It will help keep cube from drying out, as rockwool generously gives up its moisture to anything. That's it. Expect a minimum 50% survival rate. Good luck!

Thank you brother I need to get a few things and then away we go

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy stoner For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-22)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15