Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: High CBD Low THC for Anxiety

Master Poet Guest

Is your OG Kush a high CBD strain?

Thanks

i dont know if it will be much help but google cbd crew click on first link if you havn't done already. Shantibaba the breeder of mr nice seeds and a couple of other breeders are doing a project to get a 1:1 ratio of thc to cbd for medical patients theres links on the cbd crew site for for info aswell from what i have read and heard shantibaba knows his stuff so it might be worth a look good luck with your search.

also dutch passion twilight is supppose to be high in cbd but i believe it gives a sleepy stone

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeba For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-21), TheCandyManCan (18-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newtothctalk View Post
    Yeah mate, Loads are people are saying it was bred for that reason. Have you tried it?
    Nope not yet. If i manage to pluck up the balls to do a grow, i'm gonna do 1 strawberry cough and one vanilla kush lol

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spetsnaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

oh and i just remembered this thread it list some high cbd strains https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-available

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeba For This Useful Post:

Hillbilly Guest

Is your OG Kush a high CBD strain?
    No it's a high THC but kush ie Indicas for the most part are good for anxiety But as was said High THC can be no good for people with anxiety. I was just talking with my wife about that last night and am starting to think that's why she didn't like the Mango X Lavender it was just to strong for her.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

I have asked this befor and so im going to ask again as I didnt really get any response,Probably becouse there was very good reson for it, but im not awear of why..... Does the THC turn into CBD & CBN as the THC degrades ,IE the trichomes turn from clear to cloudy to amber ???
    Last edited by GBK; 18-01-12 at 03:50 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-21)

Master Poet Guest

I found this a good site for information and strains...

http://projectcbd.org/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

TheCandyManCan (18-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GREENBUDDHAKUSH View Post
    I have asked this befor and so im going to ask again as I didnt really get any response,Probably becouse there was very good reson for it, but im not awear of why..... Does the THC turn into CBD & CBN as the THC degrades ,IE the trichomes turn from clear to cloudy to amber ???
    This is what i thought was the case Thinking maybe that you could grow a high-ish CBD strain and leave it a week or two longer than you should, allowing the thc to degrade and remove some of the "High" from the smoke?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humblepie For This Useful Post:

GBK (18-01-12), GEORGE (24-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

That's what im thinking all along,Kill of the thc and introduce the cbd & cbn ?????
    The really interesting thing about this is that CBD, which has never (before the recent Home Office study) been routinely monitored turns out to be playing a significant role. Indeed, it’s almost the polar opposite of THC in its effects in some respects. If THC is linked to psychotic type episodes, CBD has anti psychotic properties. If THC is thought to cause panic attacks, CBD calms those impulses. Put in terms the Daily Mail could understand, if THC is “bad”, CBD is “good ???????
    So why do different pots have different effects? It has to do with the ratio of CBD and THC at the time of harvest. Most of the effects of herb are attributed to THC. When CBD (which has little to no effect on its own) is taken in conjunction with THC, it adds sedating and euphoric qualities to the high. The time it takes a sativa plant to reach maturity is quite a bit longer than the time indica requires (once flowering has begun, 10-16 weeks for sativa compared to 6-8 weeks for indica). This makes all the difference in the high! Scroll back up to the graphic depicting the progression of cannabiniods. The longer a plant is alive, the longer its resin glands have time to take the steps to get from CBG > CBD > THC. Thus, as time goes on, the ratio of THC to CBD increases (meaning more THC and less CBD). This also means that plants that reach maturity faster have a lower ratio of THC to CBD (meaning less THC and more CBD).
    Putting it all together...
    Since sativas take quite a bit longer to reach maturity, they have more time to build up THC and have less CBD. This gives sativas a cerebral, psychedelic, and stimulating high - trippy buds.
    Indicas, on the other hand, reach maturity much sooner than sativas, and so have less time to build up THC and have more CBD, giving indicas an extra bit of euphoria and sedation - couchlock buds.For example, a sativa plant might have a THC:CBD ratio of 3:1, while an indica plant might have a THC:CBD ratio of 1:2.
    Ah, and then there is ruderalis, which, it appears, has high levels of CBD, but no THC (or at least very, very little - not enough to get you high at all). Somebody with access to ruderalis ought to do a butane extraction and mix in some of the resultant oil with a bowl of straight sativa to see if the high is sedating instead of stimulating.Maybe that's why i love the auto's so much ??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-02-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Interesting thread guys thanx for the info, I'm on the moderate - high side on the anxiety scale & would love a toke of relief.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast