Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spraying auto's?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,001 Times

Default Spraying auto's?

Never tried breeding before but im willing to read and learn alot from now.... Soon as ive done my cuttings for my guerilla grow and i have a spair tent i wana make some feminised seeds.
    Ive read how to do this and feel very comfortable with the process and understand completely how to go about it but have a question about autos
    What will happen if i spray an auto instead of a standard feminised seed?

strewth Guest

In theory the Auto will self itself and produce some pollen to use on another plant, i've never looked into Auto's though, so i would hold tight till the guys who breed with Auto's give there views

3. The Following User Says Thank You to strewth For This Useful Post:

dank (28-01-12)

Thanks

i was sure it would give off some pollen but as its a auto it got me thinking all sorts lol... like auto pollen to make auto seeds or something (i know its not done like this but what if)

Thanks

You should find a very desirable female before thinking about making fem seed.

You want a plant that xan take lots of abuse without herming. YOu must stress your females to the max to see which are worth candidates and then they must have the traits you want... potency, taste, yield, quick flowerin etc

Once you have that female you can reverse it tpo produce pollen wirh no male chromosones and either pollenate an indntical clone and make S1 seed or hit up anohter nice fem and make a F1 feminised hybrid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leavinonajetplane For This Useful Post:

dank (28-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

It kind of does work like that.

If auto-flowering pollen is used on a non-auto, the ratio of auto-flower to regular seeds produced should depend on whether the 'auto gene' or trait is dominant or recessive.

If used on an auto-flower, the seeds should all be auto-flowering.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

dank (28-01-12), jobby2812 (29-01-12)

Thanks

100% AF(f) x 100% AF(m) = 100% AF(f/m) offspring - consecutive gens will be 100% AF

100% AF(f) x Non auto (m) = no to low AF offspring in F1 generation. - consecutive gens the % of AF plants can be increased if AF phenos are used as Parents.

Non Auto (f) x 100% AF(m) = no to low AF offspring in F1 generation. - consecutive gens the % of AF plants can be increased if AF phenos are used as Parents.

Sex reversal is pointless when it comes to Auto Flowers, as you can't keep clones you have to breed from seed each generation. and not being able to keep a clone you couldn't extensively test a plant to see whether its worth reversing.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leavinonajetplane For This Useful Post:

jobby2812 (29-01-12)

Thanks

what is the s1 and f1 all about?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leavinonajetplane View Post
    100% AF(f) x Non auto (m) = no to low AF offspring in F1 generation.

Non Auto (f) x 100% AF(m) = no to low AF offspring in F1 generatio
    That's useful, thank you. It suggests that the auto-flower gene or trait is recessive.

Thanks

Dank, you might find this interesting or/and useful: http://anthro.palomar.edu/mendel/mendel_1.htm

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

dank (29-01-12), jobby2812 (29-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

I remember reading Madanzig who is a breeder of autos saying it doesn't matter which parent is auto or not the chances of getting an auto on f1 is something silly like 5%. F2 you increase it to about 40% and F3 is near to 80 or 90%. F4 and you should be looking at a 100% stable auto. That is if all your doing is auto to regular. Offspring to auto. Offspring to auto and once more offspring to auto. Trouble is with doing that your diluting your original regular strain. At some point you need to back cross the auto offspring back in with the regular to lock more of that strain back in but then you lose the auto gene again so there is lots of crossing and back crossing for a good stable auto strain. Hope that makes sense.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

dank (29-01-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast